Removing Phantasm clutter will still result in clone clutter

Levetty.1279

I think its time to talk about how clones have no place in this game. My proposal is to remove clones as an AI completely. Make them so that clone summoning skills just fill the UI dot, maybe give an icon on the Mesmer so people can see how many dots they have filled.

Since clones can no longer die I think its fair if they nerf shatters and related traits. Also phantasms no longer need to produce clones since we won't need as much.

@OriOri.8724 said:

@OriOri.8724 said:No. Sounds like a horrible direction to take the class in honestly.

He's being salty.

Ah, I see. Thanks

@OriOri.8724 said:No. Sounds like a horrible direction to take the class in honestly.

Something does need to be done about the visual clutter though. Maybe a lower in the cap to two or one but I think this would be a better method. Ignore the thread derailer please.

Something should be done abut visual clutter but before the phantasm rework mesmer was not the main cause of visual clutter and its still not the biggest contributor to visual clutter imo. While IT IS BIG scourge still has some of the most annoying clutter in the game. Even in open world Several scourge shades can add a good bit of clutter

I dont know if you can fully rip clones and phants from mesmers though there should be some kind of limit they cant exceed even after the problem skill fixes but to completely remove them would require another rework and we see how well thats working out right now.

@ZDragon.3046 said:Something should be done abut visual clutter but before the phantasm rework mesmer was not the main cause of visual clutter and its still not the biggest contributor to visual clutter imo. While IT IS BIG scourge still has some of the most annoying clutter in the game. Even in open world Several scourge shades can add a good bit of clutter

I dont know if you can fully rip clones and phants from mesmers though there should be some kind of limit they cant exceed even after the problem skill fixes but to completely remove them would require another rework and we see how well thats working out right now.

A rework to remove phantasm entirely from the game would, at this point, be significantly smaller than the phantasm rework we just had. At this point, phantasms are, essentially, glorified bonus attacks on clone summoning skills. Our shatters wouldn't need to be changed, only a handful of traits would need to be changed if phantasms were removed. Phantasm attacks would have to be redesigned of course, but that's not the end of the world. Overall it would be a smaller rework than what we just had.

@OriOri.8724 said:

@"ZDragon.3046" said:Something should be done abut visual clutter but before the phantasm rework mesmer was not the main cause of visual clutter and its still not the biggest contributor to visual clutter imo. While IT IS BIG scourge still has some of the most annoying clutter in the game. Even in open world Several scourge shades can add a good bit of clutter

A rework to remove phantasm entirely from the game would, at this point, be significantly smaller than the phantasm rework we just had. At this point, phantasms are, essentially, glorified bonus attacks on clone summoning skills. Our shatters wouldn't need to be changed, only a handful of traits would need to be changed if phantasms were removed. Phantasm attacks would have to be redesigned of course, but that's not the end of the world. Overall it would be a smaller rework than what we just had.

Not really it would be just as big because every single skill that got reworked would have to be reworked again and skills would likely need a complete new round of tuning and we all know how things like that go. It would be an update just as big as every phant. skill and trait would need to be re done. Sadly thats not any smaller of a rework its at minimum equal to the same which is as anet put it "The most work we have done out side of creating an elite specialization."

Archived