Pof first impression

Markus.9162

Mounts and elite specs are great, everything else is meh. New maps are a pretty big letdown, there's lots of space and very little content, and coupled with the amount of bugs and the lack of features we've been asking for forever, it's hard to believe this is what we get after 2+ years in development. I feel bamboozled.

@Helbjorne.9368 said:Mounts and elite specs are great, everything else is meh. New maps are a pretty big letdown, there's lots of space and very little content, and coupled with the amount of bugs and the lack of features we've been asking for forever, it's hard to believe this is what we get after 2+ years in development. I feel bamboozled.

This. I'm unimpressed. I kind of wish I didn't prepurchase PoF.

Mounts are neat, but that's the only good thing I can say about this.

Mobs every five meters again. I'm sure that's fine for facetanking builds, but most of my alts need room to move. Which isn't possible here, without aggroing bunch of other mobs. Not too happy about how there are aggros even in towns, can't even check the map or go afk for a bit without something wailing on you.

The story opening was tedious, as usual everything is easy to avoid but whittling down their hp takes forever. Had to repeat it thrice already; once because I jumped off the map while getting used to raptor controls, second time because the extinguisher simply vanished.

And pve events keep failing everywhere, despite massive number of participants. I wonder how bad that'll get, once the release rush wears off and the player numbers drop.

Seemed ok so far but just starting exploring. But I got extremely pissed when I discovered that my necro (every class I guess) got brainwashed and now forgot how to use a GS. Can someone explain the logic behind that? How can a warrior forget how to use a weapon? So there will be no Scourge for my necro. Anet gave us a new weapon just to take it away. I don't get it.

The first impressions? Very positive!I really like new maps, the music and general atmosphere. If I should highlight just one thing, it will be a fire hydra. I am seldom impressed by regular mobs in MMOs, but this one is really great. How it looks, how it fights and how it needs to be killed - all of it was a nice surprise. Great work with it!

I Absolutely love the new maps, everything seems so busy and alive, the music is great, the maps look amazing, the mounts aren't like gliding (here is a new map you can't do shit without gliding, go unlock it) you actually have some sort of background on how you get the mounts and how you learn to use them which is amazing. The story feels a lot more interactive and interesting then HoT and I'm actually looking forward to continuing the story today.

Downside are all those dc's, fps-drops and errors and weaver is... let's say not what I hoped it would be :P

If you like Central Tyria, than this expansion is for you. After all the complaints ArenaNet got from Heart of Thorns, they decided that people did not want huge meta events. However, now the main complaints of the expansion are: "lack of excitement, no meta events, easy mobs". GG gw2 community.

I find it refreshing to have maps again where I can wander about. If I need meta events I can go to:

• Hirathi hinterlands, chasing centaurs and killing Ulgoth
  • DryTop Cuase It's there
  • Silverwastes The true mother of Meta maps in GW2 even if others preexisted
  • Verdant brink
  • Auric Basin
  • Tangled Depths cause gerent is fun
  • Dragon's Stand
  • And If these are not enough we can allways go back to Orr for templeruns.... The old feel of it all is no longer there, destoryed by MegaServer, but the content still has nice long chains of events. In a sense it is the forerunner of meta events with temples influencing the Steps of Arah Events.

First impression was that the zones are beautiful.The mounts are a great addition to the game as well :)However, without any meta event what so ever I fail to see the lasting power of the map.Especially, day 2 on expansion and so many people are back in the HoT events, and you can tell its people who owns the expansion because they are riding around on mounts. Not a good sign for the longlivity of the new maps, if people already abandon them.I will however try join event groups in new world today and give it a really serious try for several hours in order to determine how good it actually is, hopefully I will get a pleasant surprise that there are some good event runs to participate in.

the so called gw2 community does not get it and never will get it. path of fire pack is a toss back or ode to guild wars and for a lot of people that never played guild wars well the new pack to them will always just seam boring and dull . how ever to some of the guild wars vets this is a good major change over the hot pack . and they will love it .

but for me honestly as I said in other post their was too many things the new pack had and did not have for me case in point the jumping puzzles. is another reason why I did not buy the new pack at all guild wars never ever had jumping puzzles and so this new pack that is a ode or toss back to guild wars should never had jumping puzzles too

@Jimmus.2083 said:Mobs every 10 feet. Veterans in every mob. Clearly Arenanet didn't notice all the "casuals" leaving the game after Heart of Thorns. Make it challenging, sure; don't beat us to death in every single fight. Tiresome already.

Mobs every 10 feet. Veterans in every mob just how it was in guild wars and some times they even got mobs closer than that even lol . even more so with 2 Veterans less than 5 foot from each other lol and if you came acorss one of the mobs protecting one of the boss which would drop a rare green item that every one wanted in guild wars then it got even more interesting

btw in guild wars green items was guild wars 2 ascended items like dreamer and sun rise and bolt lol

I'm actually quite glad the maps don't feel like one giant meta event like they did in HoTS. It gives you more incentive to explore and enjoy the environments, rather than simply spending all your time battling wave after wave of endless mobs (which gets very tiring very fast). I'm assuming as I progress to later maps I'll see more big boss events and the like, but honestly, it doesn't bother me at all if the maps are a bit quieter as a whole. It feels a bit more like the old world maps, which I enjoyed more than the HoTS maps.

I can't say much more than that though, because I haven't progressed very far and I've spent most of my time just looking around and taking it all in. I'm in no rush but we'll see how it goes.

Archived