Sword and tempest

sokeenoppa.5384

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:Would sword see More use If tempest could use it? I think it would coz then you have all The tools that melee ele needs, high protection time, lots of stunbreakers, overloads, stability, shock auras and easy way to use ur offhand skills.

You just answered your own question while explaining why it's never going to happen ;)

It would be amazing having sword/wh on tempest would be a monster burser and support. The duel skills get in the way of the sword 3 skills that are mostly good (earth one is kind of lame but it hits hard) and on a tempest you would not need to deal with that handy cap (sadly duel skills are more of a handy cap then a useful tool.)

WH would be water fire field with a good might share a blast and some good soft / hard cc the sword would bring 2 leaps a water field a blast realty condi dmg chain attks that tempest will get use out of due to sitting in atuments longer for overlaode cd.

Sword fits soo much better on tempest then on weaver any day.

@Jski.6180 said:It would be amazing having sword/wh on tempest would be a monster burser and support. The duel skills get in the way of the sword 3 skills that are mostly good (earth one is kind of lame but it hits hard) and on a tempest you would not need to deal with that handy cap (sadly duel skills are more of a handy cap then a useful tool.)

WH would be water fire field with a good might share a blast and some good soft / hard cc the sword would bring 2 leaps a water field a blast realty condi dmg chain attks that tempest will get use out of due to sitting in atuments longer for overlaode cd.

Basically the reason why sword 3 skills are so strong is because they are not that accesible.Forget the idea, because your proposal is basically that sword should be a core weapon and weaver needs thus a new weapon. So ele would just get a new weapon for free, which is not fair in comparison to other professions.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

@Jski.6180 said:It would be amazing having sword/wh on tempest would be a monster burser and support. The duel skills get in the way of the sword 3 skills that are mostly good (earth one is kind of lame but it hits hard) and on a tempest you would not need to deal with that handy cap (sadly duel skills are more of a handy cap then a useful tool.)

Basically the reason why sword 3 skills are so strong is because they are not that accesible.Forget the idea, because your proposal is basically that sword should be a core weapon and weaver needs thus a new weapon. So ele would just get a new weapon for free, which is not fair in comparison to other professions.

Is that the reason why all the duel skills seems weaker? That seems like a realty odd reason and flawed to the class type.

Any way i am not saying to put it on core i am just using this as realty the best example of anet having no ideal what to do with the ele class and its elite spec.

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:Same here, not asking sword to be core weapon. Just thinking how It would fit with tempest more than weaver. Sadly its how It is now.

Personally i think it fits weaver perfectly as a clise combat bruiser. WH fits good with Tempest as a midrange support.The whole point why sword seems in a better position in a tempests hand is because tempest is better balanced/ developed to survive stuff. Weaver shines as a dmg beast but needs tweaks as a frontliner and tempest on the otherhand has many dmg traits that do not fit its theme but are their to keep its versatility although i think tempest traits are a bit all over the place.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:Same here, not asking sword to be core weapon. Just thinking how It would fit with tempest more than weaver. Sadly its how It is now.

Personally i think it fits weaver perfectly as a clise combat bruiser. WH fits good with Tempest as a midrange support.The whole point why sword seems in a better position in a tempests hand is because tempest is better balanced/ developed to survive stuff. Weaver shines as a dmg beast but needs tweaks as a frontliner and tempest on the otherhand has many dmg traits that do not fit its theme but are their to keep its versatility although i think tempest traits are a bit all over the place.

Weaver is much closer to a thf in combat type and in class effect (duel skills are a lot like thfs duel effect with there main hand and off hand weapons). Its just weaver lacks stealth but it had a lot of evasion and movement skills something you realty do not see on bruiser type classes. I think d/d tempest or even d/d core ele is more of a bruiser class type.

Not to say weaver is a good thf like class the lack of stealth is very showing when you want to land your big cast time hits and there is a lack of a high end burst dmg skill that you should see on these big cast time skills.

For a real bruiser you need protection self healing stun brakes / stab and good dps dmg (one hopes a added thing maybe boon strip or pt support or even counter healing) and well barrier on weaver is not enofe to make up for the lost of protection and what self heal it has is locked to water only and what the core class can give out its also not a good dps class far more burst aimed.

Archived