Add Call of the Mists PvP buff on a rotational basis — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Add Call of the Mists PvP buff on a rotational basis

rank eleven monk.9502rank eleven monk.9502 Member ✭✭✭✭

We used to have Call of the Mists and Greater Call of the Mists buff while we still had esports events. We don't really have any kind of boost in PvP, like ever. My suggestion is that we should get these buffs back, for example, as a bi-weekly event (excluding custom arenas).

For those who are not sure what it is (this is the greater buff):
+15% PvP Rank Points
+25% Reward Track Progress
+200% Magic Find (PvP Only)

This would be a very low investment from Anet's side, and basically without any risk for the players. Some healthy promotion for PvP is always good, bring some fresh people in, and the game quality won't change for most people. Good thing about this buff that it applies in unranked too, so it's not forcing people to queue for ranked, ergo complaints about 'new players ruining ranked' wouldn't really stand. Small amounts of reward track gain boost is not going to have any effect on the economy. PvP rank is farmed in custom arenas anyway, but this would at least some kind of incentive to run unranked. Also, there are people who like to get their rank using the old fashioned way (playing the game).

I was also thinking about linking them to AT-s (do we have it? I don't think so) but I firmly believe a less stricly time based Mists event would be better.

Tagged:

Comments

• Namless.4028Namless.4028 Member ✭✭✭

maybe always during the monthly at weekend

• seeing it during the monthly AT (like all day) would be a good idea imo

• Delweyn.1309Delweyn.1309 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 10, 2018

it answers on another thread.

• rank eleven monk.9502rank eleven monk.9502 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 10, 2018

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:
    Once we start special tournaments, we'll run the Call of the Mists buff again for a little in-game promotion.

Thanks for the info Ben. Any info about the start date, if we are already on topic? :P

edit: I've just seen the other thread. Guess no specific date yet then!

• kermq.6258kermq.6258 Member ✭✭

If only WvW would get that kind of love too

• @kermq.6258 said:

I'm working on it.

Ben Phongluangtham
    Game Designer
    Reddit: ANET_BenP
    Twitch: AnetBenP

• apharma.3741apharma.3741 Member ✭✭✭✭

@kermq.6258 said:

I'm working on it.

Thank you for the constant updates by the way, not just in this thread but many others, personally it's nice to see someone is reading what we say.

• Klypto.1703Klypto.1703 Member ✭✭✭

@kermq.6258 said:

I'm working on it.

Yes WvW specific finishers too that have dropping siege blueprints on top of their dead bodies to reduce costs. Also updating loot table drops so that there is a standard with these white rarity bags not every one gets them at the same rate for doing the same things. Which also goes along with putting a buff like this out for wvw love. One suggestion might be bags having a rarity base off the rank of the target killed but still maintain that spike drop for the ones that keep dying to avoid exploitation of it.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.