Looking to create an Ele!

Hakata.6742

Hi all, as the title mentions I'm looking to create an Ele in order to try out a new class and get its ascended weapon collections. I currently have all the professions at 80 with the exception of Ele, Engi and Mesmer. I also saw a guide on the front page, which I'll definitely check out once I have the time.

I'm a casual player (T1/2 fractals with friends at most, perhaps I'll delve in further in the future) that enjoys exploring the world and doing general PvE content. You don't have to worry about inept Eles showing up in your raids because I won't be part of them! :^)

I'm most likely going to gear it with exotic Berserker armor with ascended Celestial trinkets (advisable?) since I'm lazy to transfer any Berserker trinkets between my characters if I want to play something else. I suppose this set-up should be decent for clearing open world content; I'm not too sure so I'm asking here. I will probably run through both HoT and PoF content with this character as well.

Tempest or Weaver are also both fine (leaning towards Weaver I guess?), and I intend to learn some basic rotations.

As I don't have too much time to play, I'd like some opinions on what I'm planning to do and whether it's particularly feasible. What do you guys think?

P.S - please give race suggestions! :)

With a full berserker armor+trinkets, a staff, and with a build as offensive as possible, you can effortlessly run through everything in open world and story as tempest. You deal so much damage, enemies die before they are able to deal significant damage to you. Celestial trinkets somewhat thwart that concept, because you deal definitely less damage with these.

Some HoT you are more likely to die if you go full zerker, I tend to run full cele or cele/zerker cele/grieving on my ele in PVE/story when I am tired after work and want to be able to make mistakes.

I think cele trinkets should give you enough sustain for PVE.

@Hakata.6742 said:Hi all, as the title mentions I'm looking to create an Ele in order to try out a new class and get its ascended weapon collections. I currently have all the professions at 80 with the exception of Ele, Engi and Mesmer. I also saw a guide on the front page, which I'll definitely check out once I have the time.

I'm a casual player (T1/2 fractals with friends at most, perhaps I'll delve in further in the future) that enjoys exploring the world and doing general PvE content. You don't have to worry about inept Eles showing up in your raids because I won't be part of them! :^)

I'm most likely going to gear it with exotic Berserker armor with ascended Celestial trinkets (advisable?) since I'm lazy to transfer any Berserker trinkets between my characters if I want to play something else. I suppose this set-up should be decent for clearing open world content; I'm not too sure so I'm asking here. I will probably run through both HoT and PoF content with this character as well.

Tempest or Weaver are also both fine (leaning towards Weaver I guess?), and I intend to learn some basic rotations.

As I don't have too much time to play, I'd like some opinions on what I'm planning to do and whether it's particularly feasible. What do you guys think?

P.S - please give race suggestions! :)

For such content, nobody will expect you to do top damage and nobody will care what kind of gear you use. Full berserker on ele is not really casual friendly, so you can use some tankier trinkets like knight or even soldier. Full marauder gear is probably the best balance between damage and durability, but it can be expensive to get. Celestial just wastes a lot of stats for pve gameplay. In the end, you can just swap stats around if you feel like you need more damage or more defense, but for defense it's usually better to run defensive traits/skills than actually investing in such gear.

Tempest would probably fit you better since it's tankier, easier to play and has better aoe pressure, while weaver is more glassy and requires somewhat good skill rotations to be worth using.

i realy enjoy tempest for this kind of play using viper (weapons + Armor[small ones are marshalls now]) + celestial (trinkets). Fire overload just rocks hard if you know how to time it to avoid interrupts. And you have enough toughness and healing. As rune i prefer durability but there are a lot of good ones. Trait fire for damage.I prefer scepter/focus but especially for pvE warhorn is good too. Daggers are OK too. All those are hybrid weapons. Staff is power focused so there it´s berserker or maurauders.

Archived