Class rankings and counters.

bigo.9037

Was in another thread where people were discussing their counters.So in this thread we will post what the specs/classes we play are countered by.

REMEMBER.. For the sake of argument.. lets NOT expect that we are the better player in this matchup. try to think about the 1v1 scenario as if both players are on the same skill level. if anything.. that you are worse. This will make for a more convincing argument.

Soulbeast = Directly countered by Mirage, Chrono. condi or physical. ( nuff said. even worse when they use reflect on manipulation skills. They have invuls, aegis, stability ( in wvw most of them have quite good boon duration ) boonsteal and high burst on both condi and physical. Also, 1 shot core mesmer builds….. )Medium counters = Holosmith who spam stability. ( they tend to have more dmg and dmg immunities than me so i cant rely on dps / healthpool to win the fight. i need my stuns and interrupts )Guardian class in general ( they have insta melee dmg proc and a lot of aegis which is a problem cus i need to land certain skills otherwise i will be in trouble. also instant gap closers. High burst dmg. Decent stability uptime. )Thieves, mainly daredevils but also some core s/d thieves ( cus they have good amount of evades, boonsteal.. unblockable and immobilizes and burst dmg. )General counters = high stability uptime, burst dmg, boonsteal and aegis/blind or similar stun/dmg mitigation.

Add your own classes/specs etc below ^ ^

Core Guardian = Directly countered by Boonspam Chronos / Mirages due to the need to land few hard hitting, slow attacks. Disenchanters being unblockable and ripping your retal. Spellbreakers. Sustain is too high, lots of boon-rip and unblockables. Coupled with passives making it hard to peel them off of you. Druids. Simply out-sustains you.Medium counters = S/D core thief. Too much disengage / unblockable boonhate. Have to land 2 perfect bursts to kill them, considering they have the passive. Conversion holo. Once again, simply outsustains you. (Can be outplayed however)

Archived