Home › Game Release Notes
New Super Adventure Festival Avatars! In celebration of this year’s Super Adventure Festival, we’ve added a group of new avatars to the bank. Enjoy the new look!
Game Update Notes: April 10, 2018
04/10/2018 - April 10th Release Notes
- The Desolation: Fixed a bug in the "Follow Redeemer Kossan on his patrol" event that caused some of the enemies to remain hidden and prevented event completion.
- The Desolation: Using a jackal to pounce on tormented remnant dust devils and exhausted jackal runeforgers will now correctly contribute to helping Drojkor control jackals.
- Diessa Plateau: Fixed a bug in the "Defeat the Legendary Tigers" event that caused Champawat to flee but never complete the event.
- Domain of Istan: Daily Domain of Istan is now displayed as the default daily achievement category for this map.
- Domain of Istan: The Daily Domain of Istan Hidden Stash Hunter achievement is now progressed after looting a chest instead of when opening it.
- Queensdale: Stolen feed can no longer be recovered if your inventory is full.
- Sandswept Isles: Players who are downed or defeated after registering for the skimmer race no longer lose access to the Geyser Boost skill.
- Sandswept Isles: Fixed a bug that could prevent players from earning the Three Golem Monte achievement, even after completing five perfect rounds.
- Snowden Drifts: Mounts have been disabled in King Jalis's refuge.
- Tangled Depths: Fixed the malfunctioning holographic projectors required for the Lore Untangler achievement.
- Fixed a bug in the Crab Toss activity that allowed players to prevent point gains by throwing the crab out of bounds.
- Shatterstorm: Fixed a bug with this trait that allowed repeated use of Mind Wrack in conjunction with Continuum Split.
- Fixed a bug in the Volcanic fractal by giving the flaming boulders of death their mojo back.
- Assaulter's and Malicious stat-selectable items have been updated to include Bringer's stat combinations.
- Defender's and Healer's stat-selectable items have been updated to include Giver's stat combinations.
- Reduced the audio volume of some miniatures.
- Fixed a bug that allowed the Bench of the Final Judge to be used in combat.
- Sound effects have been added to the gizmos awarded to winners of PvP automated tournaments.
- Gathering tool skins have been added to the account wardrobe. These skins can now be applied to gathering tools using transmutation charges.
- Gathering tools can now be equipped with glyphs. Glyphs are a new type of upgrade that give your gathering tools additional beneficial properties when gathering, and they can be freely moved between tools without using an upgrade extractor.
- If your account has been upgraded with a Guild Wars 2™ expansion or core game purchase, we've sent you an in-game mail with further information on glyphs. Detailed information can be found on the Guild Wars 2 blog at guildwars2.com.
Structured Player vs. Player
- The trebuchets in the PvP lobby have been switched to the same control format as the trebuchets in the Battle of Kyhlo.
World vs. World
- WvW Reward Track Enrichment has been added to the WvW laurel vendors. The enrichment gives a 5% bonus to reward track progress.
- WXP Enrichment has been added to the WvW laurel vendors. The enrichment gives a 10% bonus to world experience.
BLACK LION TRADING COMPANY GEM STORE
New Items and Promotions
- The new Shifting Sand Mining Pick is available in the Upgrades category of the Gem Store for 1,000 gems.
- For a limited time, the new set of Inquest Mark II weapon skins is available from Black Lion Weapons Specialists for one Black Lion Claim Ticket. Black Lion Chest Keys are available in the Utility category of the Gem Store for 125 gems each.
- For a limited time, the Super Adventure Logging Bear and Consortium Harvesting Sickle return to the Upgrades category of the Gem Store for 1,000 gems each.
- For a limited time, the Unbreakable Gathering Tools pack is 25% off in the Upgrades category of the Gem Store at a price of 1,800 gems.
- A new Black Lion Glyph Selection Container with a choice of glyph is available at no cost for two weeks only. Limit one per account. Only available to Core, Heart of Thorns™, or Path of Fire™ accounts.
- With the addition of glyphs, gathering tools that already have bonus properties can be traded for new versions that convert their bonuses to glyphs at the Black Lion Exchange Specialist located in the Trader's Forum in Lion's Arch. Glyphs can be obtained from the Black Lion Chests in the Rare category, or as part of a bundle with certain unlimited-use gathering tools.
- Gathering merchants have been added to each major city, the Royal Terrace, the Havoc's Heir, Noble's Folly, the Lava Lounge, the Mistlock Sanctuary, and the Lily of the Elon. These merchants sell enhanced gathering tools that duplicate the bonus effects of glyphs but have limited charges and no glyph slots.
- The Black Lion Trader in Lion's Arch has been replaced with the Black Lion Exchange Specialist. In addition to trading clothing tonics for outfits, Black Lion Exchange Specialists can exchange the Watchwork Mining Pick, the Lucky Dog Harvesting Tool, and Infinite Unbound Magic Gathering Tools for updated versions that convert each tool's bonus gathering rewards property into a glyph.
- Black Lion Exchange Specialists have been added to each major city, the Royal Terrace, the Havoc's Heir, Noble's Folly, the Lava Lounge, the Mistlock Sanctuary, and the Lily of the Elon.
- Black Lion Chest Merchants have been added to the Royal Terrace, the Havoc's Heir, Noble's Folly, the Lava Lounge, the Mistlock Sanctuary, and the Lily of the Elon.
Black Lion Chest
The Black Lion Chest has been updated to the Mysterious Etchings Chest and can be previewed for a full list of its contents.
- The new Mini Red Griffon Hatchling has been added as the new guaranteed item. Use the Mystic Forge to unlock the whole family of griffon hatchlings.
- The new Celestial Compass Skin is available as an uncommon drop for the duration of the Mysterious Etchings Chest.
- The Mini Branded Mounts Pack remains available as an uncommon drop for the duration of the Mysterious Etchings Chest.
- The Glittering Weapon Collection and Chaos Weapon Collection are available as uncommon and rare drops respectively for the duration of the Mysterious Etchings Chest.
- Unused versions of the new Glyph of the Leatherworker, Glyph of the Tailor, Glyph of Industry, and Glyph of Flight are available as rare drops for the duration of the Mysterious Etchings Chest.
The items available for Black Lion Statuettes have been updated. Black Lion Statuettes are redeemable by using the statuette itself or by redeeming one at any of the Black Lion Chest Merchants located in every major city.
- A new selection of outfits has been made available.
- The exclusive Wild Magic Backpack Glider Combo and the Hounds of Balthazar Mail Carrier have been added.
- Additional items including the Daydreamer's Wings Backpack Set, the Butterfly Wings Backpack Set, the Glittering Backpack Set, the God-Slayer Bow Package, the Shield of the Goddess, and the Trained Choya Hammer Skin have been added.
- Fixed a client crash when previewing mail carriers.
- Fixed a nameplate issue with norn characters when using the Forged Glider.
- Fixed a possible graphics engine crash.
- Changed the underlying file I/O mechanisms to improve asset load times on certain hardware.
Communications Manager: ArenaNet
Fansite & Guild Relations; In-Game Events;