Love the New Gathering Glyphs.

STIHL.2489

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They should take this time to put all the Mining Pick Skin Options back in the store.. for a limited time.. just so all the people that passed up on buying a style.. can get price gouged.. I mean.. given a chance to complete their sets, when they opted to take the watchwork instead.

@STIHL.2489 said:Oooo good call for what to add! Was wondering what to do with my free glyph.

PSA for those who haven't used the free glyph yet, don't be like me -- I was in a rush due to having to get out the door so I gleefully nabbed the leather glyph, then, subconsciously cued by the blog article, applied it to my Lucky Dog because I like leather better than trophies.

Oops.

That just overwrote my trophy glyph, so I actually lost a glyph doing that. I probably won't bother Support with it, it was me not taking time to understand the new system, but I hope to save others from the same error.

@Donari.5237 said:

@"STIHL.2489" said:Oooo good call for what to add! Was wondering what to do with my free glyph.

PSA for those who haven't used the free glyph yet, don't be like me -- I was in a rush due to having to get out the door so I gleefully nabbed the leather glyph, then, subconsciously cued by the blog article, applied it to my Lucky Dog because I like leather better than trophies.

Oops.

That just overwrote my trophy glyph, so I actually
lost
a glyph doing that. I probably won't bother Support with it, it was me not taking time to understand the new system, but I hope to save others from the same error.

The glyph should have been put in your inventory, you're supposed to be able to swap them freely.

From todays article: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-gathering-storm/

"Most tools in the game will now have an upgrade slot, and you can swap glyphs in and out freely without using an upgrade extractor. Glyphs applied to limited-use tools will go back into your inventory after you consume the final gathering charge."

@"TheGrimm.5624" said:I think this will be a well received change. It also helps all us loons that had bought a permanent tool for an appearance that was later superseded by one with more utility. All I can say is "Oh Shinny!". Now where did I put that Skrit tool. Nice one.

Yup.. love my molten harvesting tools, now I get to use them again!

@"STIHL.2489" said:Oooo good call for what to add! Was wondering what to do with my free glyph.

Oops.

lost
a glyph doing that. I probably won't bother Support with it, it was me not taking time to understand the new system, but I hope to save others from the same error.

The glyph should have been put in your inventory, you're supposed to be able to swap them freely.

From todays article:

"Most tools in the game will now have an upgrade slot, and you can swap glyphs in and out freely without using an upgrade extractor. Glyphs applied to limited-use tools will go back into your inventory after you consume the final gathering charge."

Pretty sure you need to trade in any of the current bonus tools, such as the Lucky Dog, in exchange for the same tools, except you will get the tool back with the appropriate glyph. I'm guessing if you didn't turn it in to get the glyph, then there is no glyph to return to you when you added the leather glyph.

@Donari.5237 said:Checking ... nope. Probably because the trophy one isn't available yet? The only ones in the free box were swiftness, leather, cloth, and ... um ... I forget. Wasn't trophies though. Nothing else shows up in the gem store.

Did u visit the npc to swap the tools with existing perks? it converts them to the new set up, where ur previous perk like unbound magic or sprockets becomes a removable glyph?But as you said, not sure about the doggy one as it's not one of the glyph that are available. However, the npc had the doggy conversion as well so not sure. I would still contact the support, they're very helpful and may fix it up for you.

@MachineManXX.9746 said:

Oops.

lost

From todays article:

Pretty sure you need to trade in any of the current bonus tools, such as the Lucky Dog, in exchange for the same tools, except you will get the tool back with the appropriate glyph. I'm guessing if you didn't turn it in to get the glyph, then there is no glyph to return to you when you added the leather glyph.

Ooh. That's unfortunate but makes sense. :(

I got thin leather sections in brisban wildlands using a lvl 80 toon with mithril pick, coarse leather sections in dredgehaunt cliffs. will update on what map gives what leather.

with guild gathering boost and surveying banner, mined the ff rich iron nodes and some iron ores on the way:

brisban wildlands: 2 rich iron (thin leather)dredgehaunt cliffs: 3 rich iron (coarse leather)lornar's pass: 3 rich iron (thin leather)blazeridge steppes: 2 rich iron (coarse leather)fields of ruin: 2 rich iron (thin leather)gendarran fields: 2 rich iron (thin leather)harathi hinterlands: 2 rich iron (thin leather from Martyr's Tomb in Ruins of Demetra & coarse leather from the rich iron south of War King's Greatcamp near the ulgoth event)

I didn't bother to mine kessex hills, snowden drifts and diessa plateau. I assume with the same recommended level of 15 - 25 like brisban wildlands it will also give thin leather.overall i got 331 iron ore, 59 thin leather sections and 26 coarse leather sections.

I edited my post but that doesn't show my shame enough ... so I'll add a fresh post to note that I goofed, I didn't overwrite the Scavenger glyph, I just stuck it in another tool in a hurry and then ran off to an appointment. I realized when I got Thin Blood from logging today.

My bad, so much my bad. I've closed my Support ticket on a chagrined note.

@Donari.5237 said:I edited my post but that doesn't show my shame enough ... so I'll add a fresh post to note that I goofed, I didn't overwrite the Scavenger glyph, I just stuck it in another tool in a hurry and then ran off to an appointment. I realized when I got Thin Blood from logging today.

My bad, so much my bad. I've closed my Support ticket on a chagrined note.

At least you found it!

Archived