Legendary Longbow

Can we pleaseeee get a new legendary longbow?!?! It has been a year and a half since HOT came out with the "new" legendaries and we still have to see this flowery lb. I know not many classes use the lb frequently but come on. Flowers on a longbow suck. Pleaseee give us something cool looking soon lol

@"slimike.1693" said:Can we pleaseeee get a new legendary longbow?!?! It has been a year and a half since HOT came out with the "new" legendaries and we still have to see this flowery lb. I know not many classes use the lb frequently but come on. Flowers on a longbow suck. Pleaseee give us something cool looking soon lol

While I disagree with the opinion about the flowers on a Longbow, (fits my sylvari’s style all the way) I do think a new legendary longbow is long overdue. I just hope it’s released with expansion 3 to give Ele a cool new skin when they hopefully get a new longbow elite spec weapon!!! :)

@"slimike.1693" said:Can we pleaseeee get a new legendary longbow?!?! It has been a year and a half since HOT came out with the "new" legendaries and we still have to see this flowery lb. I know not many classes use the lb frequently but come on. Flowers on a longbow suck. Pleaseee give us something cool looking soon lol

Next legendary should be a Longbow, so not much wait left.

@Cyrin.1035 said:

While I disagree with the opinion about the flowers on a Longbow, (fits my sylvari’s style all the way) I do think a new legendary longbow is long overdue. I just hope it’s released with expansion 3 to give Ele a cool new skin when they hopefully get a new longbow elite spec weapon!!! :)

The second generation legendary longbow will be added during LW season 4.

@"Khailyn.6248" said:There's only 4 legendary weapons left to release, 1 with each episode of season 3 it seems. So here in a month we have a 1 in 4 chance of it being the longbow. Otherwise its another 2-3 month wait.

It's really better than 1 in 4. It's more like 1 in 2 if you look at the pattern. I actually think it's even more likely we'll get the longbow next.

During LS3 they released them in the following order: one-hand, off-hand, two-hand; off-hand, one-hand & two-hand (2 weapons with ep3:6). Note how they get one "set" (one-/off-/two-hand) out before repeating themselves.

Before ep 4:1 there were 6 weapons left. 2 one-hand, 2 off-hand, 2 two-hand. We've since had an off-hand and a one-hand, so we seem to be due for a two-handed weapon next. So longbow or greatsword.

I also think that they're going to save the greatsword for last, so I'm preparing for the longbow now ;)

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

@"Khailyn.6248" said:There's only 4 legendary weapons left to release, 1 with each episode of season 3 it seems. So here in a month we have a 1 in 4 chance of it being the longbow. Otherwise its another 2-3 month wait.

It's really better than 1 in 4. It's more like 1 in 2 if you look at the pattern. I actually think it's even
more
likely we'll get the longbow next.

During LS3 they released them in the following order: one-hand, off-hand, two-hand; off-hand, one-hand & two-hand (2 weapons with ep3:6). Note how they get one "set" (one-/off-/two-hand) out before repeating themselves.

Before ep 4:1 there were 6 weapons left. 2 one-hand, 2 off-hand, 2 two-hand. We've since had an off-hand and a one-hand, so we seem to be due for a two-handed weapon next. So longbow or greatsword.

I also think that they're going to save the greatsword for last, so I'm preparing for the longbow now ;)

Never really paid attention to that pattern. But if this is indeed the case, I would expect longbow too, since I also expect greatsword last.

I do really love Kudzu though and leaves and flowers goes perfectly with any bow imo. Maybe because I mostly relate to it as a ranger/nature thing.

@"Orpheal.8263" said:how much I'd love it ends up as something similar to this herehttps://elve-nm.deviantart.com/art/Houyi-Bow-of-the-ten-Suns-623682873?ga_submit_new=10%253A1469383029

Best Longbow Concept Art for GW2 Ive ever seen truly with a perfect fitting cool theme, awesome design and thought behind the animations, colors ect.Oh yes, that one is amazing! I'd be overjoyed if they made a legendary based on that concept!

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

It's really better than 1 in 4. It's more like 1 in 2 if you look at the pattern. I actually think it's even
more
likely we'll get the longbow next.

I really dont believe in patterns. Just patience and blind optimism. Id be happy with the longbow or scepter next.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

@BlueMelody.6398 said:Been waiting for another LB forever. It's been the only 2-handed weapon that has only a single legendary option since Sharur came out.

Ish... I mean sure, there are technically three greatswords, but at the same time they're really just variations of one design.

I do really, really hope we get the longbow next though... It's starting to grate having everything done for it since months and not even knowing of I'll like it!

• ArenaNet Staff

I use The Dreamer and Kudzu. I really, really like both of those bows, so it would take a lot to persuade me to switch to something new. Now, I would love to have C&C and it would be particularly appropriate because I'm crazy about big cats. (Have you met my pet, Franklin? Usually a kitty in some form. <3) Anyway, I haven't had the time to do the legendary journey so Dreamer and Kudzu work great for me.

Having said all that, as a Ranger I think a new LB could be awesome, but I don't know if or when that might happen.

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:I use The Dreamer and Kudzu. I really, really like both of those bows, so it would take a lot to persuade me to switch to something new. Now, I would love to have C&C and it would be particularly appropriate because I'm crazy about big cats. (Have you met my pet, Franklin? Usually a kitty in some form. <3) Anyway, I haven't had the time to do the legendary journey so Dreamer and Kudzu work great for me.

Having said all that, as a Ranger I think a new LB could be awesome, but I don't know if or when that might happen.

Someone from Arenanet talks about the Longbow.Legendary Longbow next confirmed!

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:I use The Dreamer and Kudzu. I really, really like both of those bows, so it would take a lot to persuade me to switch to something new. Now, I would love to have C&C and it would be particularly appropriate because I'm crazy about big cats. (Have you met my pet, Franklin? Usually a kitty in some form. <3) Anyway, I haven't had the time to do the legendary journey so Dreamer and Kudzu work great for me.

My issue is that the alt I use lb on most frequently -- my fire-themed berserker -- is a terrible fit for Kudzu. I have it on my sylvari ranger but I rarely play that alt anymore. So my main goes lacking for a leg on its primary weapon even though I have every leg weapon skin available.

Archived