Once again A-Net decides they don't like us

A-net has struck again with its love for RNG, by placing the new Glyph in Black lions chests. I personally don't mind supporting A-Net by buying crystals but after spending 80 keys and not getting a single Glyph, I am kind of frustrated. A-Net did something awesome by making the Glyphs but then they had to lock it behind RNG!!! Please fix it so there are other ways to buy them.

@Last Crysis.1934 said:A-net has struck again with its love for RNG, by placing the new Glyph in Black lions chests. I personally don't mind supporting A-Net by buying crystals but after spending 80 keys and not getting a single Glyph, I am kind of frustrated. A-Net did something awesome by making the Glyphs but then they had to lock it behind RNG!!! Please fix it so there are other ways to buy them.

You can buy them on the Trading Post.

I'm sorry, but it makes me cringe when i read answers like "You can buy from TP", people cmon... think that through, before any gliph can be sold in the TP they need to be obtained from BLC which are RNG.... It's not like they magically appear in the TP, also they cost a lot of gold, not every one is a gold farmer.

The OP point is, "I don't want to spend 1k gold or whatever in gliphs in game, and i also don't want to gamble for it"... which i agree.

@"rsimoes.3851" said:I'm sorry, but it makes me cringe when i read answers like "You can buy from TP", people cmon... think that through, before any gliph can be sold in the TP they need to be obtained from BLC which are RNG.... It's not like they magically appear in the TP, also they cost a lot of gold, not every one is a gold farmer.

The OP point is, "I don't want to spend 1k gold or whatever in gliphs in game, and i also don't want to gamble for it"... which i agree.

The mostly pointless one if you own PoF is cheap :P

@"rsimoes.3851" said:I'm sorry, but it makes me cringe when i read answers like "You can buy from TP", people cmon... think that through, before any gliph can be sold in the TP they need to be obtained from BLC which are RNG.... It's not like they magically appear in the TP, also they cost a lot of gold, not every one is a gold farmer.

U are thrown enough gold by playing the game.

It is not my point to be cheap I own 5 sets of tools. I am just frustrated that wasted 80 keys on a drop that only come out of the RNG madness called backlions chest. If they wanted me to throw a couple thousand gold at them they should have put them up for sale as that and not have me waste my money on the keys. Like I said I know Gw2 is free to play so i don't mind buying crystals once a month to support A-Net, but putting these in with such a low drop rate feels like a slap in the face. They should have been put on sale for crystal. I am sure I am not the only one who feels this way.

The OP point is, "I don't want to spend 1k gold or whatever in gliphs in game, and i also don't want to gamble for it"... which i agree.And not everyone gets to have everything. That point aside by your logic how is it any different from rng drops out in the world? Maybe I want the Bench of the Final Judge item or the confetti infusion. These items are both related to rng, neither is a guaranteed drop, yet both are sellable on the TP so they could be bought that way. If you don't want to gamble and spend your money on BL chest thats fine, but if others want to and decide to sell theirs well theres your alternative way right there. You can buy the glyphs for gold without ever having to spend a dime, or you could just not get them and continue playing the game just as you always have.

@"rsimoes.3851" said:The OP point is, "I don't want to spend 1k gold or whatever in gliphs in game, and i also don't want to gamble for it"... which i agree.So... you want an item that substantially changes how much loot you get for ... pressing [f], but you don't want to pay a substantial amount?Plus, the sale prices on the TP are already down to 60g (speed boost), 290g (cloth drops), 260g (leather), 480g (reduced gathering time).

By comparison, the cheapest the Watchwork Mining Pick has ever been was 700 gems, which at the worst conversion rate in the last 3 years (e.g. earlier today) was 250g. The standard price of unbounds at 1000 gems translates to, at worst, 360 gold.

In other words, the TP prices, on the first day these items are out, are already comparable with the gem shop prices.

I'm sorry, but it makes me cringe when i read answers like "You can buy from TP", people cmon... think that through, before any gliph can be sold in the TP they need to be obtained from BLC which are RNG.... It's not like they magically appear in the TP, also they cost a lot of gold, not every one is a gold farmer.Not everyone using keys is farming gold. But it's besides the point: you don't have to gamble. Other people like to roll the dice (and are willing to pay dearly for the entertainment) and that's enough to supply the TP.

In addition, nearly everything that drops from BL chests ends up being available for statuettes. So the high prices today are largely a result of people being impatient to have new shinies, new bonuses, and new newness in general.

tl;dr TP prices for glyphs are comparable to what we could expect from non-RNG sources. Plus anyone who chooses can avoid the RNG.

No. That's your point not the OP's.

The OP said "Please fix it so there are other ways to buy them." The OP also said they used 80 keys to try to get one. 80 keys they said they got by buying "crystals" by which they presumably mean gems. 80 keys costs over 6000 gems and 6000 gems will get you about 1220g which is more than enough to get multiple glyphs. Especially if you wait for the initial lunacy to die down.

Archived