game seems to stop move afyer recent patch

I've had similar issues since the first 4/10/18 update today along with a host of other problems. With this problem, the game has frozen for varying lengths of time during battles before starting up again. Four times the game not only froze up itself but also froze my computer completely, giving me a black screen until I rebooted the whole system. There have also been intermittent disconnects happening all day, with the internet connection on this machine repeatedly being lost. Several times I've had to use CCleaner to fix firewall issues that only popped up when I started the game. While all this was happening, I had another computer online through the same network sitting right next to my game machine. That computer had no connectivity issues at all today. So the problems were apparently not related to my isp nor to my cable modem but to issues with the new update. I'm crossing my fingers that today's second update resolved the problems. As I'm about to try firing up the game again with the 2nd update installed, I'll know soon if the problems were resolved or not.

EDIT: Nope, third time was not a charm. Logged back in just in time for today's third update to load. This time there were not connectivity/firewall issues but the game kept freezing badly. Not for just a few seconds at a time but for minutes upon minutes. Managed to fight through a maze to get to a hero point only to have the game freeze so badly as I tried to fight the last boss that I logged out and restarted, hoping that would move things along. Nope, the boss was able to beat me to death but my responses were frozen so I couldn't respond. That's enough mucking around with this mess for one day. I'm calling it a night and am hoping that a fourth update will finally set things to right so I can fight my way through this maze all over again tomorrow. Sigh.

Archived