WvW CondiThief

Rockho.8716

As far as I know there were no significant changes to core elements of this Builds functionality since December 2017, so it should work the same with an exception of newly increased CD on Roll for Initiative and lower DMG on Daggers AA (which you won't be using much anyway).I, however, doubt the usage of Acrobatics, there sure is a lot of synergy and is definitely viable in a way or two, but Deadly Arts instead could be better choice. If not better choice then you could call it a trade off, More DMG for a bit Less Survivability. Yet, it is quite possible you will get and extra dodge or two thanks to Acrobatics thus dishing out more Condi applys which might out-DPS Deadly Arts in the Long run.

EDIT: Also, I am not 100% sure, but Superior rune of the Krait might be better choice than Superior rune of Nightmare.

Ever since the DA poison changes on immobilize a lot of condi builds focus more on poison than bleed.

Also, that d/d condi evade build is very weak against someone using immobilize and spike condi/power dmg. That is pretty much a lot of builds out there at the moment so I feel it wouldn’t be as workable now.

Upper hand is no longer worth the investment for 2 INI per 10 seconds. Immobs will kill you so Don't stop a better choice. This also makes your EA work more efficiently.

DA provides more damage output over DD. While the extra dodge and impaling adds damage which can not be discounted, a major issue is all of this damage at melee range or near to it. With the lack of engage/disengage overall ,the person familiar with how this builds works will avoid a lot of that damage and kite.

AOE , marks , wells and the like are all of concern. The predictable nature of the DB makes it easy to predict where the DB user will land as will the fact that they pretty well know you will rely overly much on DB making you very predictable. Care must be taken with INI use. In this respect it very much like P/P in that you rely on DB for the bulk of condition application. This can make it hard to use the SB on a disengage.

The build has better then average condition removal , but this comes at a cost of damage output funneling most of the same into your bleeds with the bulk of those coming from that DB. While you can switch off to SB (and should), ranged and mobile classes can avoid most of the same damage. There no Boon theft or strip in the build at all meaning against classes with resistance you will be ineffective. Combine classes with resistance access to classes that can range/kite and the total number of builds this effective against drops.

By necessity in WvW more builds carry more condition removal than they used to. The build linked to is rather limited in overall condition application. You can get some poison in with the d/d AA or Choking gas but the ability to spike conditions in wide variety does not really exist in the build and you will find an enemy able to cleanse a good deal of your conditions. Just as example, if facing a thief using withdraw , he cleanses your cripple and torment on heal and a single EA evade will get your bleeds off more often then not.

That all said while I detailed mostly downsides, the build can be effective. Just recognize there are limitations. There are conditions under which you will feel the build the cats meow as you wreck a very specific opponent or even group of them and then there are those others where you will recognize the build quite one offers little in the way of flexibility and can be shut down or neutralized.

@"lkilian.1854" said:Only noob thieves go condi tbhOnly Toxic people would post comments like this. And i'm not even joking. If a build is effective, one way or the other. Then why shouldn't you use it? Or perhaps he/she just likes that playstyle. Who are you to judge them?

Back on topic. The evasive d/d build is kinda of a lackluster given you need to build the conditions up. And by the time you do that, you're opponent probably has his condi cleanses available/recharged. So the only thing this build is good at is being annoying from where i can see it. On that note. i think it would be better to focus on burst damage while dishing out ton of different type of conditions at once. So you're opponent struggles on cleaning it all. Which forces them to go defensive/run. And that allows you to put more pressure on them.

Try something like this: P/d Condi DD. The pistol allows you to stay ranged which will give you some breathing room. With dagger in offhand for stealth and Shadow Strike to create distance and reopen with another condi burst. Your rotation would look more or less like this: Charge Basilik Venom, cast impairing daggers, steal while doing so. Followed by Cloak and Dagger, Sneak attack (pistol stealth aa). Shadow Strike to create distance, Body shot for poision and immobilize to make them vulnerable. And then pressure on with Pistol aa. You can keep using Shadow Strike to create distance or Withdraw healing to remove mobility impairing conditions. With just 14.5sec cd, its a really strong heal.

Not saying that it is perfect or flawless. But this is the way I would play condi thief. Last but not least. Also thief build is weak against other condition heavy builds like necro or mesmer. So try to avoid those.

IMO its a rather weak build if you face an experienced player mainly because it lacks the ability to burst conditions and ist not dealing power damage on top of being very predictable, but as this is about WvW you probably will be successfull against many. therefor if you like the playstyle go head and spamm those evades!

@GWMO.4785 said:

@"lkilian.1854" said:Only noob thieves go condi tbhOnly Toxic people would post comments like this. And i'm not even joking. If a build is effective, one way or the other. Then why shouldn't you use it? Or perhaps he/she just likes that playstyle. Who are you to judge them?

Back on topic. The evasive d/d build is kinda of a lackluster given you need to build the conditions up. And by the time you do that, you're opponent probably has his condi cleanses available/recharged. So the only thing this build is good at is being annoying from where i can see it. On that note. i think it would be better to focus on burst damage while dishing out ton of different type of conditions at once. So you're opponent struggles on cleaning it all. Which forces them to go defensive/run. And that allows you to put more pressure on them.

Try something like this:
. The pistol allows you to stay ranged which will give you some breathing room. With dagger in offhand for stealth and Shadow Strike to create distance and reopen with another condi burst. Your rotation would look more or less like this: Charge Basilik Venom, cast impairing daggers, steal while doing so. Followed by Cloak and Dagger, Sneak attack (pistol stealth aa). Shadow Strike to create distance, Body shot for poision and immobilize to make them vulnerable. And then pressure on with Pistol aa. You can keep using Shadow Strike to create distance or Withdraw healing to remove mobility impairing conditions. With just 14.5sec cd, its a really strong heal.

Not saying that it is perfect or flawless. But this is the way I would play condi thief. Last but not least. Also thief build is weak against other condition heavy builds like necro or mesmer. So try to avoid those.

That can work, although I’d use a different heal.

In the end the Daredevil spec handles immobilize better than withdraw and the extra stealth will help.

That said, condi DE is stronger than condi DD.

@GWMO.4785 said:

@saerni.2584 said:That said, condi DE is stronger than condi DD.Hmm i never tried condi DE. Is that like cast venom skills and burst down with Rifle? Or how exactly does that work?

It’s based on using the advantages of Deadeye with Mark. First, you get reset on kill which has a lot of advantages especially in WvW where lots of kills happen very quickly.

The main thing is that you can use the DE spec to build might rapidly, apply cc and vuln, and use Shadow Meld for extra stealth and removal of revealed.

Basically, DE turns any condi build into a partial hybrid with the ability to boost its own damage and that of team mates via might. It has more utility than core thief or Daredevil and emphasizes stealth based gameplay rather than Daredevil’s evade or Core’s hybrid.

I would not use rifle simply because both parts of P/D offer a wider variety of condition application. It would be possible to use rifle but I feel it would be less versatile. A more explicit hybrid build (hybrid stats) might be able to use condi venoms to supplement big hits like DJ but I haven’t tried this kind of hybrid out myself.

@saerni.2584 said:

Try something like this:
. The pistol allows you to stay ranged which will give you some breathing room. With dagger in offhand for stealth and Shadow Strike to create distance and reopen with another condi burst. Your rotation would look more or less like this: Charge Basilik Venom, cast impairing daggers, steal while doing so. Followed by Cloak and Dagger, Sneak attack (pistol stealth aa). Shadow Strike to create distance, Body shot for poision and immobilize to make them vulnerable. And then pressure on with Pistol aa. You can keep using Shadow Strike to create distance or Withdraw healing to remove mobility impairing conditions. With just 14.5sec cd, its a really strong heal.

That can work, although I’d use a different heal.

In the end the Daredevil spec handles immobilize better than withdraw and the extra stealth will help.

That said, condi DE is stronger than condi DD.

are you sure?http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQJAVVn8lCFOhFNBONB8PhFYCbOEeCThefhF1SQ7PFAKAA-j1BDABTcJAeQJYQ7PAwTAgJlfdq+zfaCIFwkSjA-where enjoy being in blob with your thief u can finally wreck everything and get more load bags then necro/guards.

all u gotta do is spam choking gas and dodge around in it, if ur winning the fight u can dodge endless swap weapon if people dont die fast enough and dodge more.so stupidly easy that i had deleted the whole char within 1 day :D , tbh i cant stand these condi builds they are to easy for me to like, i just felt like trolling for one day

Archived