warrior vs scourge

Luna.6203

I would like to address current problem with scourge. The main attention is now belong to mesmers. But for warrior scourge is a lot bigger issue.

qnUExvL.jpgEcPNGxR.jpgGkluw5F.jpg

Problem is that scourge can be coutered by ranged class. (I have also ranger and i know that) But what is i want to play with warrior ? scourge is practically immnune agains melee warrior. And what is worse that every other class covered by scourge and his sand shades is immune against melee as well.I dont mind if one class is a bit stronger than another.But my chance to win against scourge in 1v1 is about 1%.Chance to win against mesmer is about 10% ?Chance to win against any other class about 90%?Chance to win against any other class covered by scourge is precisely zeno. Even if I can fight 2-3 poeple until one of them is scourge.

Now consider the fact that every match have scourge or even two, that's nothing unusual these days. It make me really sad. Capture points guarded by scourge are unreachable and everyone within untouchable.

Now what really irritates me, that poeple telling "Hey war is OP", "Hey i dont play war but i thing warrior is OP" "hey scourge is easy to kill just use resistance".Okay i don't denying that warrior is powerfull against lot of other classes. Its strong class i like playing war especially spellbreaker (But in pvp spellbreaker is nerfed to the ground and core warrior is already better). Engage scourge is just suicide and resistance won't help you much.

I made two video. Youtube allows me to upload max 15 min video so i split them to two.1) First video is without resistance (i have heal signet but never use it) - as you can expect it is disaster.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F4eosEKnfQ2) In second video i have resistance stance and I'm also using heal signet active resistance buff. (Still it allows to do some hits but i cant kill them not even close)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGmTXc1qC0U

I was capturing there scenes with built in Nvidia shadowplay so it's just a fractals joined together with some open source program called OpenShot. Do not expect some quality.

But I can fight any other class but not a scourge. You can also watch my gameplay and you can tell me what/if I'm doing something wrong.

I dont even speak about WvW which is just scourge playfield. Between two armies in WvW is just about hundred of sand shades and it's just ridiculous.

I dont know how to fix that. Point is that when i fight any other class i can dodge, i can block/reflect i can evade attack just with movement. But can't do anything against large aoe sand shades. Correct me if I'm wrong. I realy mean it. If you have any constructive advice i would be gratefull for it.

@"Luna.6203" said:2) In second video i have resistance stance and I'm also using heal signet active resistance buff. (Still it allows to do some hits but i cant kill them not even close)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGmTXc1qC0U

1) You used berserker stance when you didn't even have damaging conditions on you2) you used healing signet when you had all of 2 bleed stacks3) stop wallowing in ghastly breach4) stop wallowing in trail of anguish5) do something other than bulls rush > 100b. Seriously that combo hasn't been good since 2012.

@ButterPeanut.9746 said:You can win the matchup, but you can't just yolo into their F abilities and elite skill. Gotta try and bait those out and then kite until they are done. Don't know if you have PoF, but spellbreaker helps in this matchup as well due to extra CC and resistance uptime.

How can you bait them when they guard point ? Why would they do that ?btw i can't play your video it says offline. I would like to see how warrior beat scourge.

@Crinn.7864 said:

@"Luna.6203" said:2) In second video i have resistance stance and I'm also using heal signet active resistance buff. (Still it allows to do some hits but i cant kill them not even close)

1) You used berserker stance when you didn't even have damaging conditions on you2) you used healing signet when you had all of 2 bleed stacks3) stop wallowing in ghastly breach4) stop wallowing in trail of anguish5) do something other than bulls rush > 100b. Seriously that combo hasn't been good since 2012.

No offence but this is exactly unclear ansfer that i don't like. I'm not pretending that im some pro elite hardcore.Actually, it's more likely opposite. I know it. You said do something other. Pls show that other show me how you beat scourge. Im 100% sure that i did many mistakes.. but still scourge mets you. No matter what. Show me your video that proves opposite.

@Luna.6203 said:

@Luna.6203 said:2) In second video i have resistance stance and I'm also using heal signet active resistance buff. (Still it allows to do some hits but i cant kill them not even close)

No offence but this is exactly unclear ansfer that i don't like. I'm not pretending that im some pro elite hardcore.Actually, it's more likely opposite. I know it. You said do something other. Pls show that other show me how you beat scourge. Im 100% sure that i did many mistakes.. but still scourge mets you. No matter what. Show me your video that proves opposite.

Here is my gameplay as warrior, as someone who typically mains a necro.

@Crinn.7864 said:

@Luna.6203 said:2) In second video i have resistance stance and I'm also using heal signet active resistance buff. (Still it allows to do some hits but i cant kill them not even close)

now i cant be bothered to watch the full 20min, but i skipped through this and it looks like you got quite good group support and never 1v1ed a scourge, the way op was talking it seems like he just meant fighting them head on 1v1

@Crinn.7864 said:

@"Luna.6203" said:2) In second video i have resistance stance and I'm also using heal signet active resistance buff. (Still it allows to do some hits but i cant kill them not even close)

Dealing with ghastly breach and trail of anguish are usually my biggest issues too. It always seems like they have some sort of AOE around them 100% keeping me from getting close. Talking WvW now I think my durability runes get me into more trouble at times than anything.

@Crinn.7864 said:

Okay i was watching your video. (full)

I was expecting some sort of slow motion arrival intro with shiny armor and kitten music, than some cutscenes how you run in WvW. Hunting people in max exotic gear who are not even interested to fight back. Add some memes and pretend that u are best warrior on server. Because that's what i always found when i tried to found something usefull that could help me to improve my build or gameplay.

I was wrong you video pretty decent with commentary. Also u are using similar build. Just keep on mind that some abilities have changed since you made video. You decided to play core warrior instead spellbreaker yet spellbreaker is now even worse.

To understand my situation I started to play warrior during PoF. I fell in love with spellbreaker specialization. That's the reason why i made warrior and I promoted her to be my main.. I still extremely enjoy playing spellbreaker in pve. You can do pretty decent damage with power spec. How many class can say same? ;) Also fact that i can ignore boss mechanic. Instead of dodge i can stand still and absorb attack and turn it into counter attack that's just awesome at least i like it.And it doesnt end here you can remove boons and support allies with banners. There is absolutely nothing to blame warrior in pve.

But back to the topic. Let me comment on your video. I don't want to insult you but i feel like u are doing almost nothing. Running around and finishing people. While your allies Mesmer, scourge, druid doing all job.I understand your main is necromancer probably scourge. So you want to defend you class I understand you. Just remember. I'm not calling for scourge nerf. I just would like to have better abilities to deal with condition damage as warrior. For example make brawler's recovery to remove two conditions instead of only one. Or make winds of disenchantment more deadly so it would force scourge to abandon that spot for 10 sec. Maybe ability that not prevend condition damage but just protect you from boon corruption. That just my thought that crossed my mind. Not sure if it's good idea. I dont realy expect something "OP". But right now you're really hopeless against scourge.

@RedShark.9548 said:

now i cant be bothered to watch the full 20min, but i skipped through this and it looks like you got quite good group support and never 1v1ed a scourge, the way op was talking it seems like he just meant fighting them head on 1v1

I mean how often are you going to be 1v1'ing a Scourge anyways? Scourges (or rather necros in general) will generally avoid rotating into 1v1s whenever possible, largely due to how enormously vulnerable necromancer is to +1. If I were to take a 1v1 against a Scourge as a warrior I wouldn't even bother risking myself trying to kill him, but would simply contest until the invariable +1 from a Thief/Mesmer/Ranger, as a warrior can indefinitely contest against a Scourge as long as the warrior doesn't take too many risks.

As for me having support, yes you're right I did, but so did the Scourge.

@Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

Dealing with ghastly breach and trail of anguish are usually my biggest issues too. It always seems like they have some sort of AOE around them 100% keeping me from getting close. Talking WvW now I think my durability runes get me into more trouble at times than anything.

The trick is to understand which AoE is a major threat to you and which are not. For example the F2 and F3 skills on a Blood Scourge are not a real threat and can be openly tanked. F4, F5, and Harrowing Wave are the biggest threats. Ghastly Breach and Trail of Anguish are likewise quite dangerous, but those two skills are also on 90 and 35 second cooldowns respectively, so it just comes down to identifying and avoiding. You can see this in my video where I had no trouble holding in melee against the Scourge, although it should be noted that I have over 2k matches on necro alone, so I have a much better grasp of the class than can be reasonably expected of a Warrior main.

@Luna.6203 said:

Also u are using similar build. Just keep on mind that some abilities have changed since you made video. You decided to play core warrior instead spellbreaker yet spellbreaker is now even worse.While Spellbreaker was nerfed, so was Scourge. My honest impression as someone who primarily plays necro is that the patch had almost no impact in the Scourge vs Spellbreaker matchup because honestly both classes got hit equally hard.

But back to the topic. Let me comment on your video. I don't want to insult you but i feel like u are doing almost nothing. Running around and finishing people. While your allies Mesmer, scourge, druid doing all job.Is that not what I should be doing? Opportunism is the most valuable attribute in conquest.

I understand your main is necromancer probably scourge. So you want to defend you class I understand you. Just remember. I'm not calling for scourge nerf. I just would like to have better abilities to deal with condition damage as warrior.I would rather see Scourge nerfed, than see warrior have better condition hate, Warrior is already well endowed when it comes to condition management, and giving warrior more would just make warrior a total hardcounter to every condi build that isn't Scourge.

The issue with Scourge is something that is entirely limited to how Scourge is setup, and is one of the reasons that I labeled Scourge as one of the top classes in my most recent video. However that is no excuse for you to not improve your game, as out of all melee classes, Warrior is the one best equipped to fight a Scourge.

@Crinn.7864 said:

The trick is to understand which AoE is a major threat to you and which are not. For example the F2 and F3 skills on a Blood Scourge are not a real threat and can be openly tanked. F4, F5, and Harrowing Wave are the biggest threats. Ghastly Breach and Trail of Anguish are likewise quite dangerous, but those two skills are also on 90 and 35 second cooldowns respectively, so it just comes down to identifying and avoiding. You can see this in my video where I had no trouble holding in melee against the Scourge, although it should be noted that I have over 2k matches on necro alone, so I have a much better grasp of the class than can be reasonably expected of a Warrior main.

Thanks, I'll have to look into the F4 and F5. I know another area I have is the shades I'm not always 100% sure what's gonna hurt the worst.

@Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

Thanks, I'll have to look into the F4 and F5. I know another area I have is the shades I'm not always 100% sure what's gonna hurt the worst.

F5 is pretty easy since it's a pulsing attack, and because the Scourge turns black when using it. F4 is identified by a giant black skeleton shooting out of the Scourge & shades. Unfortunately the skeleton only appears after the precast, which makes reactively dodging F4 very difficult, so it's a matter of learning how to anticipate it.

Honestly the best advice I can possibly give for fighting a Scourge is that Scourge's AoEs are relatively tame on a per strike basis, and Scourge's real danger comes from stacking many consecutive hits. I see too many players get overwhelmed trying to avoid every single Scourge attack, when in reality you just have to avoid taking a lot of consecutive hits. Be conservative with your resistance, and only use it when you absolutely must. Use GS3, Counter, dodges, and Shield block to avoid the worst of the AoE, and your health regen should be enough to buffer you from what does get through.

@Crinn.7864 said:

F5 is pretty easy since it's a pulsing attack, and because the Scourge turns black when using it. F4 is identified by a giant black skeleton shooting out of the Scourge & shades. Unfortunately the skeleton only appears after the precast, which makes reactively dodging F4 very difficult, so it's a matter of learning how to anticipate it.

Honestly the best advice I can possibly give for fighting a Scourge is that Scourge's AoEs are relatively tame on a per strike basis, and Scourge's real danger comes from stacking many consecutive hits. I see too many players get overwhelmed trying to avoid every single Scourge attack, when in reality you just have to avoid taking a lot of consecutive hits. Be conservative with your resistance, and only use it when you absolutely must. Use GS3, Counter, dodges, and Shield block to avoid the worst of the AoE, and your health regen should be enough to buffer you from what does get through.

Okay I welcome you trying to be constructive. I accept your observation about my bad resistance timing. Yesterday i did two match for daily offcourse i meet scourge on both sides in both match. But thanks to better resistance management i did a lot better so i thing... I'm improving my gameplay.

Yes u can see when necromancer goes black with scary tentacles. But it's too late.. It takes about 3 sec and you have lethal conditions that you can't remove. Unless you predict future or you see into the mind of your enemy, you can't dodge it that's what i talk about. You can't do anything except pop resistance or flee and hope that condition won't finish you.I strongly disagree with poor necro survivability. Especialy when you corrupt warrior boons.. U are practicly save. Except "Hundred Blades" that is easy to avoid, there is nothing that you can't handle with hight hp pool and absorb.

Also i don't talk about 1v1 only. I'm talking about Spvp so 1v1 up to 5v5 and anything between this. Alone or with allies scourge is extremly powerfull. About 3 weeks ago i was in full WvW map, there was almost more sand shades than real players. I think it's pretty mutch highlight issue and it's far from 1v1.

Scourge is serious problem for melee warrior (except it's just game so it's not so serious) but it should be addressed for future balance patch. It will take a long time or it will not happen at all so i have to play with it and just try to do my best. I can enjoy gw2 and warrior despite of this so don't worry.

Anyway from now to monday Im on holiday so i wont be able to respond you.

Archived