How does a book written by an asura in Tyria appeared in Istan?

Fos.4185

We all know The routes to Elona had been blocked until POF. The Dragon's Watch should be the very first Tyrians (Charr, Sylvari, Asura, Norn included) arrived to Elona ever since. Then how can a book named "Behaviors of Risen Beasts" written by an Asura NPC in Sparkfly Fen called "Kamma" can be found at The Astralarium on Istan, before the commander does?

Even if you say Heros from Guild Wars 1 had brought other races (Vekk, Jora and Pyre Fierceshot) to Elona that's still doesn't make sense. Because Kamma is a character living in nowadays.

Kamma: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Kamma

Behaviors of Risen Beasts: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Behaviors_of_Risen_Beasts

Well, we have inquest in Elona, so it could have come via one of their scientists. Also, NPC's usually seem to get to maps before we do. The Pact reached Cursed Shore, Dragon's Stand ahead of us and various orders had already explored ruins in Desert Highlands and Riverlands before we arrived at those locations. Or perhaps it was discarded loot from Corsairs.

Plenty of logical answers you can decide on if you want to

There's also books written by and about sylvari there. And books written by the Durmand Priory post-1320 AE. Despite a government lockdown on the borders between the nations since Joko took over a century ago.

While I love the new user interface for those books, the topic for half of them makes little sense in of themselves to be present there. Most of those books we see are Tyrian in origin.

But my guess? Inside the Astralarium are a couple Durmand Priory scholars. They probably pulled strings to get books moved there during the latter Path of Fire campaign when the Sunspears took over and the spread of Joko rewriting history became apparent as shown in the ambient dialogue:

Scholar (1): You weren't there. Those Priory scholars were laughing at us! At the histories we brought them!Scholar (1): They only know our king as some "far-off tyrant"-their words. Said no one's seen him outside this region in ages...Scholar (1): If that's true–and we have no evidence it isn't–then King Joko was never Tyria's greatest hero.Scholar (2): (gasp)Historian: Watch your mouth! You want to get us all arrested?

Historian: Some outlanders mock our king to your face, and suddenly you’re ready to erase Elona’s real history?Historian: Revising histories in the archives is treason, you idiot!Scholar: I've–I've only been removing claims about King Joko that I couldn’t verify...Historian: The Mordant Crescent will come down on all of us when they hear about this! And they WILL hear about it!Historian: Once we’re out of the way, they’ll just restore the histories. And this pathetic protest of yours will amount to nothing!

Historian: I've interviewed eyewitnesses. Joko wasn't even there when Balthazar fell...Historian: None of them saw what the vizier told us happened in Vabbi. No one!Scholar: My gods. What else has he been lying to us about?

While the books in question are never brought up, we hear how the scholars there have begun fixing the history ever since the Priory showed up, and even more so with Balthazar's defeat.

Also to travel off of Sajuuk, the order of shadows could also have brought a few books as they knew about us before we set foot in. I think they were keeping up with current events/ new history besides saving the old history for the day when joko falls where the new history books can be distributed throughout the elona region to replace as many unfaithful sources that are prevalent in joko's reign.

Some of the books could have been there from before the lockdown, which started only a few decades before the game started. Of course, a fourth printing of Kamma's work would probably have to be extremely new. Sadly, we don't know how long Kamma had been researching the Risen in Sparkfly Fen, but she clearly is somewhat of an expert.

@Rognik.2579 said:Some of the books could have been there from before the lockdown, which started only a few decades before the game started.

It started when Joko took over according to the Commander during Sparking the Flame instance. Which would be 1175 AE at the latest, 1135 AE at the earliest. 155 or 195 years before the game begins, and far longer than any asura could live by 35+ years.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived