[Deadeye] Possible* Might-stacking Problem Fix

Zacchary.6183

So I just recently did some more testing and came to find that the best way to keep might up is through Fire for Effect. Not because it provides 10 might, but because it is the longest lasting source of might that Deadeye (and the whole thief profession) has. The issue with FfE was that it only applied to Stolen Skill use on a marked target and Mark has a 30s cd, and so you would only be able to keep the might stacks up for half the time.

But then I remembered at the time that thief has a way to increase stolen skill usage and decrease Steal's recharge rate down to a minimum of 20.75s. So when I looked at it, noticed that Improv and FFE could essentially give you access to 20 might lasting 15s as an opener. That's great, but my build had ZERO boon duration. Well, I figured Strength Runes would fix that problem and in fact it did. 45% might duration boosts the might stack's duration up past the Mark CD. This makes Double Tap and Three Round Burst pointless to use and lets me save my initiative for DJ.

I even tested it on the Jade Constructs in Bloodstone Fen. Consistent 5 digit crits and my autos were critting for 5-6k.

This is the absolute minimum you need to make this possible. DJ 4dayz I have yet to test this in WvW, but it seems very promising. Anyway, try it out and see what you think!

EDIT: BTW I will leave the link incomplete so you all may fill in the blanks for yourself. If this solves DE's sustain/might-stacking/TRB spam issue, we might see Rifle DE played more in every mode. :)

I still feel that if going boon duration , you are better served taking generic such as that from leadership runes or Durability. You can achieve close to the same outcome as might focused as far as the stacking goes (while giving up the number 6 bonus and the 180 power) while getting far more benefit from all of your other boons. The Perfectionist boons will last much longer , along with applications of quickess and swiftness out of the rifle set and other traits plus the ones acquired from those same steals.

Might stacking via strength will certainly make it easier to get to those maximum stacks BUT if you can get to those same maximoum stasts with 15 percent less duration and another runeset , the gains made to other boons makes up for this.

An alternative , or one that can be used in conjunction, is to consider taking CS over DA. With assassins fury traited and synergizing with your other might sources you can get to those 25 might stacks much easier without requiring that boon duration. For those concerned about loss of executioner, the gain of all that ferocity while still gaining Might Stacking is a very nice tradeoff.

@Bruting.8741 said:

@Zacchary.6183 said:

@Zalavaaris.5329 said:I don't see a link, can you post One? Thanks!

The DJ 4dayz one isn't working?

No, the link does not work at the moment when clicked on.

Its working for me so idk whats going on. But basically what the minimums you need to keep might up and save initiative for DJ is:

• Improvisation
  • Slight of Hand
  • Fire for Effect
  • Mercy
  • Strength Runes

@Zacchary.6183 said:

@CitizenKing.4912 said:I'm a little confused. What are you taking Mercy for?

Mercy resets mark and gives you initiative back, allowing you to use mark again and shoot off two more stolen skills as well as another DJ.

This is VERY useful if your target flees and can nor longer be attacked. IE In WvW i have had many that once marked just flee into a nearby tower. Using Mercy gets you a fat ini refund and allows switch o a more cooperative target.

Archived