Not enough easy accessible Mastery Points in New Expansion [Spoilers]

So far, I love the expansion. Compared to HoT, I really enjoyed playing PoF, except until the past few hours. I am stuck looking for a single mastery point. I am on the "Find the remaining crystals of Vlast's body" story, and need to get "canyon jumping" mastery. I have just one more point so as to get the Springer Mount, but for the life of me, I can't find any "easy" accessible points. I have also been to Elon Riverlands, but these don't seem to be accessible either.

Am I missing something? I am sick and tired of wondering around the web looking for possible clues. Is there an exact number of easier accessible mastery's, and I am just missing them?

• Like 1

When you say "easily accessable" do you mean that you can't just walk up to them and commune? Or do you mean that you can't get there period?

The simple answer to the first part is that sometimes you have to take friends with you, such as most of the HP challenges and some of the mastery points in Verdant Brink, Auric Basin, etc. The answer to the second part is more difficult. I found one mastery point where I was standing on the icon in the map, but it said that it was 12K above me... and there was only sky. That is an issue.

@Hevoskuuri.3891 said:I got enough MPs to upgrade my raptor mastery 3 in a couple of hours, and then got the skimmer and the springer. With those, getting the harder-accessible MPs became really easy. Feels much nicer than the pain-in-the-behind HoT insights lol.

Indeed, I despise HoT with a passion, so much of a mess of confusion, and I gave up playing gw2 due to the frustration of those areas. Okay, so I am just missing an easy to get mastery.... Just where I do not know.

@VaLee.5102 said:Do the story.

That is what I am doing, though during the "Find the remaining crystals of Vlast's body" story, it requires you to visit certain places. Some of these green circles (where Vlast's crystals are) on the map are not accessible via a raptor mount, so I need a Springer. Unless I am missing something and not understanding the story.

@Ashabhi.1365 said:hm... Have you tried looking through your achievement list? Some of them have traditionally given mastery points as a reward.

Well, not sure if I am understanding you exactly, but only PoF points work with PoF mastery's, and I have claimed all my rewards after finishing each track.Unless, I am supposed to go and do the master achievements on each path as well, though even though that would give me another mastery, it seems a bit long winded just to be able to continue story progression.

You don't even need to do the story to get enough "easy" mastery points for the rabbit. I've only done the first 3 parts and had enough to get raptor to 3 and go get the rabbit. None of the masteries I got were particularly difficult. Like you, I had a full xp bar at one point and didn't want to waste xp, so I just brought up map, found the mastery insights I had yet to get and went to check them out (I did go ahead and "unfog" the rest of the first map as soon as I was done with part 3 of the first chapter of the story) .

@hiccups.3790 said:Dulfy (all masteries!): http://dulfy.net/2017/09/23/gw2-path-of-fire-crystal-oasis-mastery-insights-guide/There will be more guides as she is playing the game. That is the fastest, exactest, best guide available in the internet! :smile:

Yay! I looked at her site late last night but there was not a POF article yet .... I was hoping she would have a guide up soon. With these crashes doing the story is pretty much impossible.

@Enola B Twenty Nine.2631 said:

@VaLee.5102 said:Do the story.

That is what I am doing, though during the "Find the remaining crystals of Vlast's body" story, it requires you to visit certain places. Some of these green circles (where Vlast's crystals are) on the map are not accessible via a raptor mount, so I need a Springer. Unless I am missing something and not understanding the story.

You can get there without the Springer to get the Springer.

I am not in the game so my names are going to be off as I haven't memorized anything else so bear with me here. You want to run almost straight west from Lommuld Kraal waypoint (if you don't have it, once you're out of the first portion of the Sacrifice instance, run northward) toward that canyon wall. There will be an NPC with a raptor next to him and some friendly Ogres nearby. You'll see an opening across from you and you can raptor jump over there. The ranch with the Springer is not far on the other side.

@"Enola B Twenty Nine.2631" Please either add a Spoiler tag to your title or remove the story spoiler from your OP. Thanks to it taking 8 hours to patch into the game I did not complete the story yesterday and just before bedtime I did the part where we learn about the NPC you mention. Now my investment in that part of the story is quite changed. You could have just said "gathering the crystals" to keep it spoiler free, and nothing about your title suggested there was any story content likely to be mentioned in your post.

There are at least 80 mastery points already available, far greater than the 52 to fully max the four masteries.

• There are 38 PoF Mastery Insights, i.e. available directly on the map. (Some easy-to-reach communing, a few like the one to which the OP objects.)
  • 30+ from map-specific achieves = 6 from Crystal Oasis, at least 2 from Desert Highlands, 5 from Elon, at least 4 from Desolation, 9 from Vabbi, 4 from Crystal Desert
  • 12+ from story journal = 3 from Act 1, at least 5 from Act 2, at least 4 from Act 3

How many of these should be "easily accessible" before these aren't "masteries" but grindy versions of a freebie?

I haven't identified exactly how many are 'easy' even by my estimation, but so far, I've found it far, far easier to find, reach, & obtain the first 17 points compared to obtaining my first 10 in HoT.

Admittedly, some like the Dictator of Soup, are annoying, but there are so many more than we need, I'm not prepared to feel any umbrage about the 'ugly' ones. At least, not yet.

tl;dr I think it's too soon to say that there are or aren't "enough" easily-obtained mastery points. We should maybe start by agreeing to some sort of criteria for "easily obtained" and then actually count.

• Like 1

I didn't have a huge problem with them sure the cooking on will piss you off but most others you need the right mount for and even broke some by using glider or raptor to make jumps the bunny was meant for.

As well if you really need one getting a friend or some to port you with Mesmer is still a thing as well teleport stones which I find useless.

@Hevoskuuri.3891 said:I got enough MPs to upgrade my raptor mastery 3 in a couple of hours, and then got the skimmer and the springer. With those, getting the harder-accessible MPs became really easy. Feels much nicer than the pain-in-the-behind HoT insights lol.

Your post is not helping! Please include which ones you could get to be able to jump the cavern and reach springer vendor?