Returning Ranger, few questions...

mikexg.7329

So I've played on and off since release but have not really played much since HOT dropped and I played through it. I'm ready to jump back in and ranger has always been my favorite class even in GW1. I just like the feel of them.

So a few questions:

1. when I last played CONDI stacking was a bit different then it seems to be now. Looks like you can have something like 1500 bleeds on a target? Is going condi and stacking dmg something I need to be aware of? I mostly stick with a general PVE build and swap traits and skills as needed, but prefer to stick with either power or condi as I don't have the time to build gear up for multiple builds.

2. Soulbeast seems cool, I like having a pet, but I also get annoyed with them from time to time. When someone specs soul beast, do they. usually stay melded all the time? bit of both? depends on build? I kinda like having a pet out, but also like the spec of soul beast, am I gimping myself if I go soul beast with a pet? Or is it designed to jump in and out of just like swapping weapons and pets? does jumping in and out of melding with pet count as a pet swap?

3. Vipers is a long way off for me, what gear would you suggest in the meantime for a condi soul beast/ranger?

Thanks all

Power and condi are both viable now and can do about the same amount of dmg.Most of the time you can stack about 50 stacks of bleed on your own if done right. 1500 is probably never achieved though, but does not need to be achieved.For open PvE power is still faster in killing stuff but in the level 80 maps, especially the expac ones, condi is probably on the same level of effectiveness, especially because you can build yourself more bulky, without losing much dmg.

Soulbeast can merge at will and stay melted as long as wanted. You cannot swap pets in beastmode though and you wont swap pets that often. PvE builds benefit from staying in beastmode,mostly builds tgat are raid focussed. Open PvE builds can be more bursty than sustain and especially power soulbeast seems feasable to do that, although condi is nice aswell. Merging does not count as a weaponswap, but it gets its own bonusses via traits.

Probably best substitute for vipers is sinister.It dies not have any condi duration but with 4xNightmare Runes and 2 Trapper Runes you get 25% more duration, add sigils for bleed and poison duration and you will be at 45% duration.This will be enough to do good dmg on bosses, vipers is actually pretty easy to achieve though (exotic stuff) you just need a metric s*it ton of linenseeds to craft it. Recipes are easy to get via meta events and traiding post.

I've been playing soul beast for a bit now and I've really enjoyed it. Condi is amazing even in quick PVE fights. I've been. using my offensive pet out while I am using short bow and then when I jump in I merge with my defensive pet (bear) and it allows me to stay in the thick of it much easier. I like the fact that I can do both and it doesn't seem to be bad one way or the other, just how you want to play that moment. Really enjoying the class with the soul beast condi spec, especially since you can swap a few things around fairly easily for slight adjustments pending the content or how you wanna play that particular moment. Going to work on a secondary build soon that has druid in it.

Thanks for the replies all.

PS. Using carrion armor now because I don't have viper - Ball park how much time and $ needed to acquire a full set of ascended viper? been a while since I played and Ive never actually had a set of ascended armor or legendary weapon so I don't really know the process or where to begin #newb

If you have ascended gear already you can transform it with viper insignia/inscriptions in the mystic forge.Getting ascended armor itself needs time and effort regardless of stats.Vipers exotic needs a lot of linen seeds for the oil, its easy farmable though but takes some time and patients.The black diamonds can be bought but not farmed that well.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

@InsaneQR.7412 said:Its easy farmable though but takes some time and patients.

Patients :pensive: Made me think of running around gathering with sick people in tow, hospital gowns...etc :P

Patience.

Yeah yeah, just mocking non native speakers ^^

Its common even among native english speakers to make similar exchanges.

Archived