Account suspension discussion [merged]

Hello players, did anyone get the suspension for no reason aswell?

My wife and me just finished our wvw dailies and suddenly got the suspension at the same time.

"Your Guild Wars 2 account has been suspended for modifying or tampering with the game, which is a breach of the User Agreement and Rules of Conduct. Access will be restored in 4320 hour."

Question is... what did I do? I only use TacO for trib SAB (although after last week I'm done, so I quit it.) I also use the arcdps buildtemplate thing - for the build template only.

Strange is that my wife does not use any of these. Help?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just got the suspension too. Likewise all I run is ArcDPS (with build templates) and TacO. Im presuming either of those is not allowed anymore.

Gaile, forwarding to a generic information post is not very helpful. I've submitted a support ticket and will await Anet's replies there in private.

@OP I recommend you do the same :)

Thank you for your reply.While I totally understand that things must be done against players that use illegal software to hurt the game in whatever form, I'm kind of baffled and a angry that my wife and me got it suspended for using TacO (which was always fine afaik) (and must be the thing since it's what my wife used too).€dit: Yes, support ticket went out at the same time.

overall > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

You'll find information about a series of account suspensions in this thread.

Stated in the account suspension thread link "ensure that everyone is on a level playing field"I can understand SAB TRIB mode can be a pain with all of the bugs, and broken moment taking Hours to finish one world and unfair jumps with races i do hope they fix them in the near future but then again with all of those troubles, i do enjoy a challenge and never seek the usage of breaking the game mechanics nor will ever chase the need due to the ability for not understand why Trib mode is a system in SAB.

Well. i am sorry this has happen to you, good luck in the future and everything is a learning experience.

@"Rankomonaut.4708" said:Hello players, did anyone get the suspension for no reason aswell?

My wife and me just finished our wvw dailies and suddenly got the suspension at the same time.

"Your Guild Wars 2 account has been suspended for modifying or tampering with the game, which is a breach of the User Agreement and Rules of Conduct. Access will be restored in 4320 hour."

Question is... what did I do? I only use TacO for trib SAB (although after last week I'm done, so I quit it.) I also use the arcdps buildtemplate thing - for the build template only.

Strange is that my wife does not use any of these. Help?

As far as I'm aware, TacO is still allowed. I have no idea what the other program is. I strongly suspect it is another program that allows users to cheat in PvP . . . if all those threads are any indication.

Edit: 1:37 in the video above. Unless something has changed, it can't be TacO, but clarification would be awesome . . . just in case.

Edit #2: It's not TacO or Arc according to this. Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/8bst1a/game_accounts_suspended/

there is a HUGE problem in pvp and Higher TIER use programs to cheat and look at other player gears. how i know of this is during duel set up in private lobby. players would tell me about why i am using traits, rune and even sigil including amulets after losing many times to them or seeking guidance to play a class or elite system and this is which is breaking pvp overall seeing everything rather than experiencing each players builds unknown > @Ardenwolfe.8590 said:

As far as I'm aware, TacO is still allowed. I have no idea what the other program is. I strongly suspect it is another program that allows users to cheat in PvP . . . if all those threads are any indication.

@Oglaf.1074 said:Both arcDPS and tacO are supposed to be kosher based on previous Anet comments/policy.

They suspended under 2000 accounts. There are certainly far more accounts using ArcDPS and/or TACO than that.

Without evidence, I conclude that ArcDPS & TACO remain fine. And further, until proven otherwise, I'll assume that at least some of the people complaining about the suspension are being disingenuous about what software they use, some don't realize that there's an issue with another piece of software, some might have forgotten a previous use.

And sure, based on past experience with such things, probably a couple of the 1600 accounts involved some mistake on ANet's part. I'm sure ANet took all possible steps to reduce that possibility as much as possible, especially knowing that they would publicize this mass-suspension, but there's no system so perfect that it prevents mistakes from happening. Still, in the absence of any evidence to the contrary, I'm inclined to accept ANet's description.

tl;dr I doubt very much that the issue is with TACO or ArcDPS.

If you look at the Reddit thread linked above, the developers indirectly list the programs that caused the suspension . . . if you look carefully. =) Otherwise, I'd appeal anyway. ANet has admitted mistakes have been made in the past. Might be a cause of such again. Just be aware, if it's not, ANet can call you out on it too . . . which is always hilarious.

@Papa Smurf.4792 said:I got banned too, and i dont use any 3rd-party software. i have one hotkey on my mouse linked to 1 skill. I play pve, pvp, and wvw and im good af, so im sure i get reported alot. hope anet fixes this.

Start a conversation with ANet if you're convinced you did nothing inappropriate.However, keep in mind that ANet never suspends anyone because of a report or because of 1000 reports; they still investigate.

Is it possible your suspension was for something else?

@"Ardenwolfe.8590" said:As far as I'm aware, TacO is still allowed. I have no idea what the other program is. I strongly suspect it is another program that allows users to cheat in PvP . . . if all those threads are any indication.

Edit: 1:37 in the video above. Unless something has changed, it can't be TacO, but clarification would be awesome . . . just in case.

Edit #2: It's not TacO or Arc according to this. Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/8bst1a/game_accounts_suspended/

What source, you linked whole thread.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Papa Smurf.4792 said:I got banned too, and i dont use any 3rd-party software. i have one hotkey on my mouse linked to 1 skill. I play pve, pvp, and wvw and im good af, so im sure i get reported alot. hope anet fixes this.

Start a conversation with ANet if you're convinced you did nothing inappropriate.However, keep in mind that ANet never suspends anyone because of a report or because of 1000 reports; they still investigate.

Is it possible your suspension was for something else?

What is not so cool is that Gaile's post says they not gonna accept any appeals which is pretty bold.

@FerrenoNL.7928 said:I just got the suspension too. Likewise all I run is ArcDPS (with build templates) and TacO. Im presuming either of those is not allowed anymore.

Gaile, forwarding to a generic information post is not very helpful. I've submitted a support ticket and will await Anet's replies there in private.

I had both of those installed but needed to rebuild my PC 2 days ago (thus my pc uninstalled everything on it including GW2 and along with it arcdps and taco which I haven't re-added to GW2 yet). The thread said they suspended 1583 accounts but I find it hard to believe only 1583 had arcdps and/or taco. Taco is simply an overlay and all arcpds does is read screen information so they should both be okay to use.

@Kururu.8140 said:

@FerrenoNL.7928 said:I just got the suspension too. Likewise all I run is ArcDPS (with build templates) and TacO. Im presuming either of those is not allowed anymore.

I had both of those installed but needed to rebuild my PC 2 days ago (thus my pc uninstalled everything on it including GW2 and along with it arcdps and taco which I haven't re-added to GW2 yet). The thread said they suspended 1583 accounts but I find it hard to believe only 1583 had arcdps and/or taco. Taco is simply an overlay and all arcpds does is read screen information so they should both be okay to use.

ArcDPS reads game memory.

Archived