Map instancing?

A few times lately I've found myself falling victim to map instancing stopping me being able to complete some world events. The most recent was last night, when I was waiting to start Tequatl the Sunless. I was stood in the area with an absolute LOAD of players around, a handful of commanders, and was about to join a squad when... my game crashed. Thankfully a rare occurence, but still annoying. I logged back in, and suddenly... there was hardly anyone around. I was clearly in another instance of the map with very few people coming to do the event. Thankfully I still had a few minutes left so I was able to do the "log out for 10 seconds" trick a few times and eventually got back to a busy map (not sure if it was the original one I started on, but still had enough people to do it)

There's also been many times when I've turned up for Triple Trouble only to find nobody there. There's a huge community on the EU servers who run TT daily at 21:00, but sometimes I turn up and I'm in a different instance of the map to them, so I can't join.

Is there a way of changing instance without logging out, or some way of joining "busier" instances?

You need to use the LFG (Looking for Group) function. If you join a squad doing the content you are interested in, you can then elect to switch to their instance. Unfortunately if the primary instance is full, you won't be able to switch. The TT community will keep jumping to new maps to avoid this scenario.

@"chrisjfinlay.5614" said:A few times lately I've found myself falling victim to map instancing stopping me being able to complete some world events. The most recent was last night, when I was waiting to start Tequatl the Sunless. I was stood in the area with an absolute LOAD of players around, a handful of commanders, and was about to join a squad when... my game crashed. Thankfully a rare occurence, but still annoying. I logged back in, and suddenly... there was hardly anyone around. I was clearly in another instance of the map with very few people coming to do the event. Thankfully I still had a few minutes left so I was able to do the "log out for 10 seconds" trick a few times and eventually got back to a busy map (not sure if it was the original one I started on, but still had enough people to do it)

There's also been many times when I've turned up for Triple Trouble only to find nobody there. There's a huge community on the EU servers who run TT daily at 21:00, but sometimes I turn up and I'm in a different instance of the map to them, so I can't join.

Is there a way of changing instance without logging out, or some way of joining "busier" instances?

Yes, use the Looking for Group tool, you'll find that those commanders advertise their squads on LFG if you join one you can right click on the commander's name and select "Join In Map". If their map instance isn't full you'll switch your maps to theirs.

For the EU gold running TT they advertise their squads on advance on a number of maps and then try to find out create an empty map in order to fit as many members into it as possible.

Archived