'Not Thirsty' Daybreak achievement broken?

I have 24/25 fountains broken, that was completed in the first few weeks after Daybreak came out. I recently returned to those events to complete the achievement. I have participated in 2 successful events, and broken several fountains. The achievement doesn't complete. I made sure to stay on one fountain at a time until it was 'dead', but it's not registering.
Any word on this?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@MorganOneNine.1025 said:Same here. I attacked and did plenty of damage to four or five during the event just now, and only got credit for two.

How do you know how much damage the server thinks you did? You'll get combat numbers even if the fountain is destroyed, but the server hasn't managed to get the message out to the players' computers.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:How do you know how much damage the server thinks you did? You'll get combat numbers even if the fountain is destroyed, but the server hasn't managed to get the message out to the players' computers.

There's no gameplay/message lag, if that's what you mean? I attacked the handful of fountains from 100% health down to zero (along with other players) and basically only got credit for 20%: I don't see how server lag would be a factor there when I very obviously took part in each one's decimation.

@MorganOneNine.1025 said:

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:How do you know how much damage the server thinks you did? You'll get combat numbers even if the fountain is destroyed, but the server hasn't managed to get the message out to the players' computers.

There's no gameplay/message lag, if that's what you mean? I attacked the handful of fountains from 100% health down to zero (along with other players) and basically only got credit for 20%: I don't see how server lag would be a factor there when I very obviously took part in each one's decimation.

I'm saying: you don't know if you took part in each one's decimation. You only know what your combat log thinks you might have done. In zerg fests, it's very common for something to be destroyed before we actually see that represented in game.

As an extreme (and unrealistic) example: pretend that the fountain has 100k health and you do a respectable 25k damage per second with buffs, but the sylvari next to you generates a 100k spike hit. As you wind up, they hit, destroying two fountains, the data gets transmitted to the servers, while you are still swinging. By the time your monitor shows dead fountains, you're finishing your fourth second, for 100k too. So it looks like you contributed plenty of damage, but the server disagrees.

I don't know if that's what is happening, but it does happen to some people in other circumstances. That's why I think it might happen for the fountains, too.

Archived