Need tips for getting cheap condi gear

leasm.1279

Hey guys, I want to gear my character with condi gear, but I don't have lots of gold. And also don't have a crafter.

So, my initial idea is:

• Buy exotic Rampager temple armor using karma (I have lots of karma).
  • Buy ascended Rampager trinkets using laurels (no need to spend gold).
  • Buy exotic Carrion weapons form the trading post (I noticed they sell for around 2-3 gold only).

I'd rather focus on Sinister or Viper gear, but from my reasearch seems that's much harder to find. Rampager and Carrion seems easier, at least for a start.

So, any other tips?

Temple armor seems a staple, simply because I would spend karma only. It's pretty much for free.Carrion weapons seem good enough, because some Vitality is always useful.But what about ascended trinkets? Any other way to get a better prefix other than Rampager? Can I farm some zone to unlock something (maybe using unbound magic, etc)? Can I try some unlock from collections?

If you have LS3, you can get a full set of ascended trinkets with the various map currencies. As I said in another thread, the most "efficient" way is probably to get one item with each currency so you don't need to grind one currency ad nauseam: the amulet with Orrian oysters, the backpiece with jade shards, the rings with blood rubies and fire orchids, and the accessories with winterberries and petrified wood (these are the only options, the other maps don't sell accessories).

Unfortunately, for armor and weapons you pretty much do want to craft. Crafted Sinister and Viper exotics are account-bound, so you can't buy them or ask a friend to make them. And with Viper gear, the recommendation used to be not to bother with exotics and go straight for ascended instead because the materials were too expensive. Ascended Viper gear is also better made "indirectly", i.e. by crafting the item with another non-HoT stat combination because that is a lot cheaper, and then changing the stat combination to Viper in the Mystic Forge.

The new Giver stat combination from PoF might be more accessible, but I've no clue about that yet.

• 11 months later...

@leasm.1279 said:Hey guys, I want to gear my character with condi gear, but I don't have lots of gold. And also don't have a crafter.

So, my initial idea is:

• Buy exotic Rampager temple armor using karma (I have lots of karma).
  • Buy ascended Rampager trinkets using laurels (no need to spend gold).
  • Buy exotic Carrion weapons form the trading post (I noticed they sell for around 2-3 gold only).

I'd rather focus on Sinister or Viper gear, but from my reasearch seems that's much harder to find. Rampager and Carrion seems easier, at least for a start.

So, any other tips?

Temple armor seems a staple, simply because I would spend karma only. It's pretty much for free.Carrion weapons seem good enough, because some Vitality is always useful.But what about ascended trinkets? Any other way to get a better prefix other than Rampager? Can I farm some zone to unlock something (maybe using unbound magic, etc)? Can I try some unlock from collections?

In my opinion, i think the easiest is the dungeons. Go for LFG and guilds and pick up dungeon tokens — exchange them for gear... you can get armor from one dungeon so you can get a set while do another dungeon so u can get weapons..

you can farm gold via dailies too.. add me in game and if we meet, we can get some quickly

I would also recommend to get your Viper's trinkets via Living World Season 3. :+1:

As for armor, if you can't afford ascended, craft exotic Viper's (or, if there is no way, Sinister instead). If you can afford ascended armor and weapons and happen to have enough Spirit Shards in your wallet, craft any cheap set, then transform it into Viper's in the Mystic Forge using the Viper's Intricate Gossamer Insignia for armor and Viper's Orichalcum Imbued Inscription for weapons.

You're right - sinister and viper gear is a lot harder to get. Sinister trinkets only come from doing LS2 achievements or farming LS3 to get ones which let you choose the stats. Viper gear only comes from HoT or LS3 content, and both are account bound on acquire so you can't buy them on the TP.

As for where to get rampagers if you have enough karma the temples in Orr are definitely a good choice. Otherwise you could buy it from the TP (if you select buy, then armour then use the cog to the right of the search bar to select the rarity level and attributes you can find ones which cost about 30s - 50s each. Much cheaper than if you search for 'rampager's' - which only brings up ones with that in the name.

As an alternative to Temple Armour, you might want to try a set of Named Armour, since it's significantly cheaper on the TP than a crafted version with the same stats. It also comes with a set of runes in (which may or may not be useful, of course). Unlike Temple Armour, it can be salvaged, making it easier to get rid of if you ever upgrade to Viper's armour.

I think some of the standalone exotic weapons have Carrion stats and, again, are typically cheaper than crafted versions (for the ones that drop as loot, not the Mystic Forge ones). Somewhere on the Wiki there's a list of which ones have which stats, but I can't find it.

u get direct from TP: Dire(Thougtness, Vitality, Condition Damage) , Rabid (Precision, Though, Condition Damage) if u need precision.

Almost Condition Builds can be adapted to that 2 stats. My Burn guard is Dire/Rabid mix and get near perma 2.4 burn ticks.

In case of Viper/Sinister, u do better craft a cheap ascendend armor/weapons, and them turn it into Viper/Sinister at Mystic Forge status change. The convenience of this is prepare yourself if u need stats change in future. as my recente situation i migrate from a full sinister Renegade do a full viper just using insignias.

Archived