What about no weapons as the next elite elementalist

Bladestrom.6425

Got this idea from another thread talking about sword/no weapon on other hand. Take it a step further, NO WEAPON storm elementalist (both hands empty + elite). Range 750, beam/lightening/ranged, absolutely elementalist/mage flavoured.

Can you imaging casting arc lightening out of one hand and ice shards out of the other to damage and slow the incoming opponent down - awesome!

Sounds like Ele with Invisible Scepter.But seriously, the Idea is really cool but Skins.It's just too tempting to have a possibility of wearing Items with skins you could not have in your Ele-look before. New elites don't only change the playstyles but economy too, in a way.I would be all up for no Weapon elite, yet I suppose it could feel like "nothing-gained" for people.

So.... you literally want to become the avatar?

In all honesty, this would be really cool, especially since I could play as the avatar, but that issue with skins does pose a problem.So unless we get a new set of skins for no weapons - something similar to The Anomaly skin, I just don't see it being super popular.UNLESS. You can sheath your weapon mid-fight. Which would equate to weapon swapping, but only for sheathing, not for swapping between two weapon sets.

ye, or simply what every weapon you wear goes invisible if you select the storm master elite (or what ever it happens to be called) that makes the elite a little more unique as well. Coloured flames around the hands indicating that you are a storm master and in a particular element works as well.

@Medens.4960 said:

@Conqueror.3682 said:So, no weapon means that you will lose the stats that a weapon provides

Not necessarily; There are invisible boots with stats in-game. Why no invisible weapon?

ok, so you want an invisible weapon or do you want no weapon? Because the subject of this thread was no weapon in the next spec.

Kind of invisible weapon could be afordable, because is just a visual matter, but as a personal opinion im not for an invisible weapon because i doesnt feel too atractive, also making it to hide legendary weapons is a great no no.

But im against for no weapon at all, because you lose the stats and the weapon damage that a normal weapon could provide, also it would be a chaos if for some reason you want to put stats in traits to compensate.

@Conqueror.3682 said:

@Conqueror.3682 said:So, no weapon means that you will lose the stats that a weapon provides

Not necessarily; There are invisible boots with stats in-game. Why no invisible weapon?

ok, so you want an invisible weapon or do you want no weapon? Because the subject of this thread was no weapon in the next spec.

Kind of invisible weapon could be afordable, because is just a visual matter, but as a personal opinion im not for an invisible weapon because i doesnt feel too atractive, also making it to hide legendary weapons is a great no no.

But im against for no weapon at all, because you lose the stats and the weapon damage that a normal weapon could provide, also it would be a chaos if for some reason you want to put stats in traits to compensate.

well only if you dont use your imagination to find a solution :) The original idea was a no weapon elite aka avatar/wizard with lightening straight from hands stylee. There are many ways you can tackle this, perhaps when you have the elite you can equip 'tatoos' in your weapon slots. Another approach is that the elite allows you to use any weapon, which will be hidden when in combat, and optionally hidden outside combat etc etc. Anyway it was just a bit of fun :)

I can imagine this as an Elite Specialization that with its first minor trait locks you out from using any weapons, but giving stat increases (comparable to holding ascended weapons), the stat configurations depending on the elemental attunement you are in. Then it is only up to the rest of the traits to give some bonus to offset the lack of weapon sigils and infusion slots (for fractals).

But even then, this is only a cosmetic thing (good animations will be needed to offset your weapon skins being gone), and not exactly a new mechanic that elite specializations are known for. You will need more than just a new weapon skillset with no weapons. Any thoughts on that?

@lakdav.3694 said:I can imagine this as an Elite Specialization that with its first minor trait locks you out from using any weapons, but giving stat increases (comparable to holding ascended weapons), the stat configurations depending on the elemental attunement you are in. Then it is only up to the rest of the traits to give some bonus to offset the lack of weapon sigils and infusion slots (for fractals).

But even then, this is only a cosmetic thing (good animations will be needed to offset your weapon skins being gone), and not exactly a new mechanic that elite specializations are known for. You will need more than just a new weapon skillset with no weapons. Any thoughts on that?

one possible idea is that the 'storm-mage' elite has no weapons, but can equip a new arm band into the weapon slots. Agree the weapons would be replaced with magical effects that perhaps flick from hand to hand etc etc. Another alternative is 2 new 'tattoo' accessory slots that open for the storm mage only, these take tattoos that can be added or removed, and can also be augmented with sigil/enchantment patches - so same functionality as weapons. Another idea is that storm-mage simply makes your weapons disappear when in combat, skills are still based on the elite, not the weapons.

Archived