Please Overhaul Raids. — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Please Overhaul Raids.

Would be nice if we had other options for raids, like auto join or different difficulty levels. It's too hard to connect with people and organize a group. In lieu of that I feel like they should just make raids much more casual, in order to lower player scrutiny so we can actually do them. I love hard content but organizing the group and jumping through the hoops is too much work and it's tedious. Please consider making raids more palatable for everyone.

<13456740

Comments

• derd.6413derd.6413 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

@derd.6413 said:
    gw2 raids already is among the easiest in the mmo market and the whole point of raids was difficult content that isn't for everybody.

tldr: no

I like hard content, out of all the mmos however, gw2 has the least quality of life options for raids.

what QoL improvements do you want exactly? (because the only thing ppl suggest here is easy mode which raids already are.)

• zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭

@derd.6413 said:

@derd.6413 said:
    gw2 raids already is among the easiest in the mmo market and the whole point of raids was difficult content that isn't for everybody.

I like hard content, out of all the mmos however, gw2 has the least quality of life options for raids.

what QoL improvements do you want exactly? (because the only thing ppl suggest here is easy mode which raids already are.)

he/she asks for lfr.

• zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 14, 2018

One thing i could see them do is feature a partner made guides of the bosses on the site and their youtube channel a week or 2 after the wing is cleared.

WoW has the journal but that might not be where they want to take the game so instead promotimg the community through video guides is the best way to go about it.

• raids are already too easy tho

• Jumpin Lumpix.6108Jumpin Lumpix.6108 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Triggerbrand.8072 said:
    raids are already too easy tho

Yah they are, but it's a lot of effort to organize or get into a group, too much effort. So either make it easier so other players can group easier or add in auto join, hardly anyone is doing raids anymore, and its because getting into a group/forming one is too painful. Hours of standing around, making sure everyone's on discord , do you have the right stats, what about gear, ping your gear, what other things have you raided, did you submit a resume? Oh you need a training raid first. Anet needs to do something.

• @derd.6413 said:

@derd.6413 said:

raids easy mode? then why all the lfg posting want experienced, specific builds, x amount of LI...?

• Ashen.2907Ashen.2907 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Feanor.2358 said:

Would be nice if we had other options for raids, like auto join or different difficulty levels. It's too hard to connect with people and organize a group. In lieu of that I feel like they should just make raids much more casual, in order to lower player scrutiny so we can actually do them. I love hard content but organizing the group and jumping through the hoops is too much work and it's tedious. Please consider making raids more palatable for everyone.

"I love hard content, but I don't really want to put any effort so please make it casual instead. Thx".

That one got me too.

"I love hard content, please make it casual," made me chuckle.

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

@zealex.9410 said:
    One thing i could see them do is feature a partner made guides of the bosses on the site and their youtube channel a week or 2 after the wing is cleared.

WoW has the journal but that might not be where they want to take the game so instead promotimg the community through video guides is the best way to go about it.

Dulfy already do that tho.

edited April 14, 2018

@preacher.9370 said:

@derd.6413 said:

@derd.6413 said:

raids easy mode? then why all the lfg posting want experienced, specific builds, x amount of LI...?

because there are ppl in this game complaining that open world pve is too hard.

• Rococo.8347Rococo.8347 Member ✭✭✭

Raids have been around for a quite a while now -I really don't see why there is an issue with creating a slightly dumbed down version with a system that just matches a group of 10 from a pool that have signed up. Remove access to Legendary armor ( or make it harder to get this way) don't give access to new Raids or wings for a 3 month period so the hard core Raiders got to feel 'unique'

Its probably the least popular game mode because of various difficulties including the catch 22 of needing experience to get in a group, yet those resources spent could be made available to a much bigger audience - people like me who cant 'raid' raid anymore but would love to see the story, encounters and environments.

• TexZero.7910TexZero.7910 Member ✭✭✭✭

Auto join is dumb and should never be added.

It removes from raiding the nature of the group and when its all about me, people can and will drop out of any group at will because there is no repercussions for doing so.

@Feanor.2358 said:

"I love hard content, but I don't really want to put any effort so please make it casual instead. Thx".

I'm willing to put in maximum effort when it comes to player skill and game mechanics. But maximum effort to psychologically impress strangers into working together, and dealing with all of their problems or shortcomings, that's just a ton of unfun work.

@Neutra.6857 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:

I'm willing to put in maximum effort when it comes to player skill and game mechanics. But maximum effort to psychologically impress strangers into working together, and dealing with all of their problems or shortcomings, that's just a ton of unfun work.

So if you are unwilling to put in the effort to get people to work together why do you want to raid? Raiding is group content with all that is involved in forming a group. There is also if you are unwilling or unable to join or make a static pug raiding.

Yah I'm trying to find a way to make the grouping process less tedious, painful, and scrutinizing. I don't care if they lower the raid difficulty or not, I'm simply looking for ways to reduce the problems and chunkiness and tedium that is organizing a group. Yes I'd be OK if they nerfed raids into the ground if it made grouping easier.

• @Rococo.8347 said:
    Its probably the least popular game mode because of various difficulties including the catch 22 of needing experience to get in a group, yet those resources spent could be made available to a much bigger audience - people like me who cant 'raid' raid anymore but would love to see the story, encounters and environments.

There are MANY groups that don’t ask for experience... because those things are so carryable... the problem is that those groups fill fast. Personally I don’t ask for EXP unless I’m just feeling lazy, all I ask is have watched a video. I’d even give a “tldr” of how to do the boss. There’s really no reason to lower the difficulty at all. And if ya want to raid, join one of the raid discords. Runs happen all the time.

@Neutra.6857 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:

So if you are unwilling to put in the effort to get people to work together why do you want to raid? Raiding is group content with all that is involved in forming a group. There is also if you are unwilling or unable to join or make a static pug raiding.

Yah I'm trying to find a way to make the grouping process less tedious, painful, and scrutinizing. I don't care if they lower the raid difficulty or not, I'm simply looking for ways to reduce the problems and chunkiness and tedium that is organizing a group. Yes I'd be OK if they nerfed raids into the ground if it made grouping easier.

don't pug, get a guild
    problem solved

@derd.6413 said:

@Neutra.6857 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:

don't pug, get a guild
    problem solved

That's not really problem solved as all the scrutinizing I mentioned above takes place still. Trying to mitigate that.

• Laila Lightness.8742Laila Lightness.8742 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Sorin Noroku.5342 said:

@Rococo.8347 said:

There are MANY groups that don’t ask for experience... because those things are so carryable... the problem is that those groups fill fast. Personally I don’t ask for EXP unless I’m just feeling lazy, all I ask is have watched a video. I’d even give a “tldr” of how to do the boss. There’s really no reason to lower the difficulty at all. And if ya want to raid, join one of the raid discords. Runs happen all the time.

But not all are intrested to learn it but dont want to be left out sorry but easy mode with 10% more reward is needed

@derd.6413 said:

@Neutra.6857 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:

don't pug, get a guild
    problem solved

That's not really problem solved as all the scrutinizing I mentioned above takes place still. Trying to mitigate that.

that's not a problem with raids that's a problem with the ppl you raid with.
    you can change raids all you want ppl will stay jerks.

edited April 14, 2018

@derd.6413 said:

@derd.6413 said:

@Neutra.6857 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:

don't pug, get a guild
    problem solved

Probably true but the effort to find new people is equally tedious, so tedious that I've refused to do content that i excel at, simply because getting in with a good group requires too much time and effort.

I've talked to other players who echo the same sentiments and wish there was a no hassle way to raid with minimal talking or effort put in to find good players. Also finding good players or getting into a raid group isn't even playing the game. If your doing that you're just standing around, it's boring and feels like work.

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

@derd.6413 said:

@derd.6413 said:

@Neutra.6857 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:

don't pug, get a guild
    problem solved

Probably true but the effort to find new people is equally tedious, so tedious that I've refused to do content that i excel at, simply because getting in with a good group requires too much time and effort.

I've talked to other players who echo the same sentiments and wish there was a no hassle way to raid with minimal talking or effort put in to find good players. Also finding good players or getting into a raid group isn't even playing the game. If your doing that you're just standing around, it's boring and feels like work.

Since you talked to other players then keep talking to other players and when you found 9 others that think the same as you form a raid squad.
    Im waiting here eagerly how you did.
    I mean with 10 people that cant work together only know how to keep them selfs alive as a single player.

• BOAsnake.7401BOAsnake.7401 Member ✭✭
    edited April 14, 2018

Dude what are you talking about, I started raids a month ago and ive cleared wing 1-4 every week with lfg pugging without discord. Next reset ill be done with my 1st legy armor collection. It doesnt take that long, i find a group whatever timezone i can get on. I like it so much, im always excited for reset. What you need to do is gear diff classes and learn them, I guarantee its gonna be easier to get into groups then. Most groups dont even care how many kill proofs u have link 1 sloth mushroom youre good as long as youve cleared it once. Buy a tag, make your own lfg so you dont have to ping any kill proof. Gotta give effort to get rewards.

• Draco.9480Draco.9480 Member ✭✭✭

stop begging for easier raids. what's so hard in organize people with basic brain?????????????????????????????????????? just stop with this, it's just shows how the people in this game just don't want to improve and never will with this attitude. you just want to play whatever build you want and clear the raids without any effort. too hard? go play others games. instead requesting for harder bosses with CM option you just want to nerf so all people can enjoy end game without any effort. what's the point. all the point is to work hard for end game content. if everyone can do that easily without effort then it's not end game and has no point. what's the point farming rewards and gold for then???

@Linken.6345 said:

@derd.6413 said:

@derd.6413 said:

@Neutra.6857 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:

don't pug, get a guild
    problem solved

Since you talked to other players then keep talking to other players and when you found 9 others that think the same as you form a raid squad.
    Im waiting here eagerly how you did.
    I mean with 10 people that cant work together only know how to keep them selfs alive as a single player.

No I don't want to talk to 10 other players when most mmos have raid experiences that don't require me too, why should I be expected to on here? Simply because they don't have the feature? I'm asking them to add these features.

Talking to players is an optional experience in this game that has no real relation to actual gameplay. Think about it, if I talk to 10 players does that somehow increase my skill level or ability to perform? No it only affects whether I am included in certain things or not, a problem which many other mmos have addressed in various manners.

@BOAsnake.7401 said:
    Dude what are you talking about, I started raids a month ago and ive cleared wing 1-4 every week with lfg pugging without discord. Next reset ill be done with my 1st legy armor collection. It doesnt take that long, i find a group whatever timezone i can get on. I like it so much, im always excited for reset. What you need to do is gear diff classes and learn them, I guarantee its gonna be easier to get into groups then. Most groups dont even care how many kill proofs u have link 1 sloth mushroom youre good as long as youve cleared it once. Buy a tag, make your own lfg so you dont have to ping any kill proof. Gotta give effort to get rewards.

I already know all the fights as I've done them before but I refuse to go through the process of scrutinization again, it's like applying for a job, it's not fun and technically has nothing to do with the game.

@Draco.9480 said:
    stop begging for easier raids. what's so hard in organize people with basic brain?????????????????????????????????????? just stop with this, it's just shows how the people in this game just don't want to improve and never will with this attitude. you just want to play whatever build you want and clear the raids without any effort. too hard? go play others games. instead requesting for harder bosses with CM option you just want to nerf so all people can enjoy end game without any effort. what's the point. all the point is to work hard for end game content. if everyone can do that easily without effort then it's not end game and has no point. what's the point farming rewards and gold for then???

No the raids are easy as I've stated before, I don't care about the difficulty of the raid, it's the grouping I have a problem with.

• Talindra.4958Talindra.4958 Member ✭✭✭✭

This post gonna merge soon.. 3 2 1.... Go

Death is Energy [DIE] in EU
    Envoy's Herald, VitV, DD, SS, The Eternal, LNHB, Champion Magus, Champion Phantom, Wondrous Achiever etc.

• Ashen.2907Ashen.2907 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Draco.9480 said:

No the raids are easy as I've stated before, I don't care about the difficulty of the raid, it's the grouping I have a problem with.

The grouping is part, perhaps much, of what other people enjoy about larger group content. You are asking for content aimed at people who enjoy this aspect to be damaged for them.

• Talindra.4958Talindra.4958 Member ✭✭✭✭

I pug my raid since start only until recently I hv a nice group of ppl gather at reset to play with. You don't need to talk .. when I pug my raid weekly before.. i joined the group with no ts, no discord.. pew pew.. if fail leave or stay or try again.. this is raid life. No point to get frustrated... If you constantly get frustrated in raid and affect ur health.. then you need to adjust to suit .. I hv met many many players recently started and doing really well. I am not sure perhaps EU raid culture is different .. less talking and more action. I notice in NA ppl are more social orientated

Death is Energy [DIE] in EU
    Envoy's Herald, VitV, DD, SS, The Eternal, LNHB, Champion Magus, Champion Phantom, Wondrous Achiever etc.

• Nuka Cola.8520Nuka Cola.8520 Member ✭✭✭

Its kinda funny how casual most everyone playing GW2 is. No wonder mmo's are this hand holdy nowdays...

• @Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

I recommend that you start a new thread that is about making it easier to group up then. This one is not (yes, I know you created it):

Title: Please Overhaul Raids.

What you apparently want is a change to how difficult is to group. That can be done without touching the raid instances themselves.

Would be nice if we had other options for raids, like auto join

This doesn't require overhauling raids per se, but it's not practical in any manner in a game that doesn't have predefined roles. How would it work in GW2, where any prof can theoretically be DPS or support or control? (Obviously some profs are far better at each than others, however that depends on player skill and choice of build: Weaver is both top DPS and worst DPS.)

or different difficulty levels.

That's a non-starter and I know you're aware of it. ANet has made it plain that they are very happy with the current levels of participation and have no plans to consider other difficulty levels any time soon.

It's too hard to connect with people and organize a group.

"Too hard" — that's a subjective evaluation, that's based on you having a personal set of restrictions on what you're willing to do to get in a group.

In lieu of that I feel like they should just make raids much more casual,

In other words, make the challenging content less challenging.

in order to lower player scrutiny so we can actually do them.

People actually do them already.
    The "player scrutiny" issue is self-imposed and it happened for dungeons, which have always been less challenging. It's got little to do with raids per se.

I love hard content

It seems you like it only if it's easy for everyone, which isn't quite the same thing.

but organizing the group and jumping through the hoops is too much work and it's tedious.

I don't think it's "too much work", but you're not asking for ANet to change that. You're asking for ANet to change everything else about raids. You've made no suggestions about making it easier to find people.

Please consider making raids more palatable for everyone.

That's a very, very different request than asking ANet to make it easier to form groups.

"With great power comes not-so-great utility bills."

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

I recommend that you start a new thread that is about making it easier to group up then. This one is not (yes, I know you created it):

Title: Please Overhaul Raids.

What you apparently want is a change to how difficult is to group. That can be done without touching the raid instances themselves.

Would be nice if we had other options for raids, like auto join

This doesn't require overhauling raids per se, but it's not practical in any manner in a game that doesn't have predefined roles. How would it work in GW2, where any prof can theoretically be DPS or support or control? (Obviously some profs are far better at each than others, however that depends on player skill and choice of build: Weaver is both top DPS and worst DPS.)

or different difficulty levels.

That's a non-starter and I know you're aware of it. ANet has made it plain that they are very happy with the current levels of participation and have no plans to consider other difficulty levels any time soon.

It's too hard to connect with people and organize a group.

"Too hard" — that's a subjective evaluation, that's based on you having a personal set of restrictions on what you're willing to do to get in a group.

In lieu of that I feel like they should just make raids much more casual,

In other words, make the challenging content less challenging.

in order to lower player scrutiny so we can actually do them.

People actually do them already.
    The "player scrutiny" issue is self-imposed and it happened for dungeons, which have always been less challenging. It's got little to do with raids per se.

I love hard content

It seems you like it only if it's easy for everyone, which isn't quite the same thing.

but organizing the group and jumping through the hoops is too much work and it's tedious.

I don't think it's "too much work", but you're not asking for ANet to change that. You're asking for ANet to change everything else about raids. You've made no suggestions about making it easier to find people.

Please consider making raids more palatable for everyone.

That's a very, very different request than asking ANet to make it easier to form groups.

Nitpicking my comment doesnt make my point any less valid, and it doesn't make you right.

edited April 15, 2018

Raids should be overhauled to add features so that everyone is accomodated. From people wanting easier difficulty to people who want additional features for grouping. 99% of other mmos that have raids do this. You guys can nitpick my post all you want or white knight it up, but what I'm saying makes sense, as having these features for raid has been an established precedent in most other mmos.

Me simply requesting an overhaul in this regard is really just common sense.

<13456740
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.