Please Overhaul Raids.

Would be nice if we had other options for raids, like auto join or different difficulty levels. It's too hard to connect with people and organize a group. In lieu of that I feel like they should just make raids much more casual, in order to lower player scrutiny so we can actually do them. I love hard content but organizing the group and jumping through the hoops is too much work and it's tedious. Please consider making raids more palatable for everyone.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

@derd.6413 said:gw2 raids already is among the easiest in the mmo market and the whole point of raids was difficult content that isn't for everybody.

tldr: no

I like hard content, out of all the mmos however, gw2 has the least quality of life options for raids.

what QoL improvements do you want exactly? (because the only thing ppl suggest here is easy mode which raids already are.)

@derd.6413 said:

@derd.6413 said:gw2 raids already is among the easiest in the mmo market and the whole point of raids was difficult content that isn't for everybody.

I like hard content, out of all the mmos however, gw2 has the least quality of life options for raids.

what QoL improvements do you want exactly? (because the only thing ppl suggest here is easy mode which raids already are.)

he/she asks for lfr.

@Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:like auto joinIt's a team effort. People care about what the other nine are running. While some people get too focused on this, it's an important & legit consideration for most players.

That aside how, exactly, would autojoin work in this game? In games based on the traditional trinity, it's relatively simple: healer, damage, tank and each prof fits into a relevant niche. In this game, that's not true. So in a group of nine looking for one more DPS, which players would autojoin? How would the game know?

or different difficulty levels.

ANet's already said that they are satisfied with the difficulty level of raids, to the point that they are not discussing making them easier or having multiple tiers of difficulty. That option is available in fractals.

It's too hard to connect with people and organize a group.

Of course it's tricky, because you're trying to get 10 people on the same schedule. That's not any easier in RL, even for a dinner party. But nevertheless, people PUG raids every day.

In lieu of that I feel like they should just make raids much more casual,ANet's already said that they are satisfied with the difficulty level of raids,

in order to lower player scrutiny so we can actually do them.

People can actually do them. The fact that you or I don't doesn't make that less true.

I love hard content but organizing the group and jumping through the hoops is too much work and it's tedious.

Maybe you don't love this type of hard content as much as you think you do.

Please consider making raids ...for everyone.They are designed for a minority; that's part of the point.

One thing i could see them do is feature a partner made guides of the bosses on the site and their youtube channel a week or 2 after the wing is cleared.

WoW has the journal but that might not be where they want to take the game so instead promotimg the community through video guides is the best way to go about it.

@Triggerbrand.8072 said:raids are already too easy tho

Yah they are, but it's a lot of effort to organize or get into a group, too much effort. So either make it easier so other players can group easier or add in auto join, hardly anyone is doing raids anymore, and its because getting into a group/forming one is too painful. Hours of standing around, making sure everyone's on discord , do you have the right stats, what about gear, ping your gear, what other things have you raided, did you submit a resume? Oh you need a training raid first. Anet needs to do something.

@"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:Would be nice if we had other options for raids, like auto join or different difficulty levels. It's too hard to connect with people and organize a group. In lieu of that I feel like they should just make raids much more casual, in order to lower player scrutiny so we can actually do them. I love hard content but organizing the group and jumping through the hoops is too much work and it's tedious. Please consider making raids more palatable for everyone.

"I love hard content, but I don't really want to put any effort so please make it casual instead. Thx".

@Feanor.2358 said:

@"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:Would be nice if we had other options for raids, like auto join or different difficulty levels. It's too hard to connect with people and organize a group. In lieu of that I feel like they should just make raids much more casual, in order to lower player scrutiny so we can actually do them. I love hard content but organizing the group and jumping through the hoops is too much work and it's tedious. Please consider making raids more palatable for everyone.

"I love hard content, but I don't really want to put any effort so please make it casual instead. Thx".

Also give free legendary armour to everyone for buying the game, since it would be unfair to the rest of the player base.

@derd.6413 said:

raids easy mode? then why all the lfg posting want experienced, specific builds, x amount of LI...?

@Feanor.2358 said:

That one got me too.

"I love hard content, please make it casual," made me chuckle.

@zealex.9410 said:One thing i could see them do is feature a partner made guides of the bosses on the site and their youtube channel a week or 2 after the wing is cleared.

WoW has the journal but that might not be where they want to take the game so instead promotimg the community through video guides is the best way to go about it.

Dulfy already do that tho.

@preacher.9370 said:

raids easy mode? then why all the lfg posting want experienced, specific builds, x amount of LI...?

because there are ppl in this game complaining that open world pve is too hard.

Raids have been around for a quite a while now -I really don't see why there is an issue with creating a slightly dumbed down version with a system that just matches a group of 10 from a pool that have signed up. Remove access to Legendary armor ( or make it harder to get this way) don't give access to new Raids or wings for a 3 month period so the hard core Raiders got to feel 'unique'

Its probably the least popular game mode because of various difficulties including the catch 22 of needing experience to get in a group, yet those resources spent could be made available to a much bigger audience - people like me who cant 'raid' raid anymore but would love to see the story, encounters and environments.

@Feanor.2358 said:

I'm willing to put in maximum effort when it comes to player skill and game mechanics. But maximum effort to psychologically impress strangers into working together, and dealing with all of their problems or shortcomings, that's just a ton of unfun work.

@Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:Would be nice if we had other options for raids, like auto join or different difficulty levels. It's too hard to connect with people and organize a group. In lieu of that I feel like they should just make raids much more casual, in order to lower player scrutiny so we can actually do them. I love hard content but organizing the group and jumping through the hoops is too much work and it's tedious. Please consider making raids more palatable for everyone.

I'm willing to put in maximum effort when it comes to player skill and game mechanics. But maximum effort to psychologically impress strangers into working together, and dealing with all of their problems or shortcomings, that's just a ton of unfun work.So if you are unwilling to put in the effort to get people to work together why do you want to raid? Raiding is group content with all that is involved in forming a group. There is also if you are unwilling or unable to join or make a static pug raiding.

@Neutra.6857 said:

@Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:Would be nice if we had other options for raids, like auto join or different difficulty levels. It's too hard to connect with people and organize a group. In lieu of that I feel like they should just make raids much more casual, in order to lower player scrutiny so we can actually do them. I love hard content but organizing the group and jumping through the hoops is too much work and it's tedious. Please consider making raids more palatable for everyone.

I'm willing to put in maximum effort when it comes to player skill and game mechanics. But maximum effort to psychologically impress strangers into working together, and dealing with all of their problems or shortcomings, that's just a ton of unfun work.So if you are unwilling to put in the effort to get people to work together why do you want to raid? Raiding is group content with all that is involved in forming a group. There is also if you are unwilling or unable to join or make a static pug raiding.

Yah I'm trying to find a way to make the grouping process less tedious, painful, and scrutinizing. I don't care if they lower the raid difficulty or not, I'm simply looking for ways to reduce the problems and chunkiness and tedium that is organizing a group. Yes I'd be OK if they nerfed raids into the ground if it made grouping easier.

@Rococo.8347 said:Its probably the least popular game mode because of various difficulties including the catch 22 of needing experience to get in a group, yet those resources spent could be made available to a much bigger audience - people like me who cant 'raid' raid anymore but would love to see the story, encounters and environments.

There are MANY groups that don’t ask for experience... because those things are so carryable... the problem is that those groups fill fast. Personally I don’t ask for EXP unless I’m just feeling lazy, all I ask is have watched a video. I’d even give a “tldr” of how to do the boss. There’s really no reason to lower the difficulty at all. And if ya want to raid, join one of the raid discords. Runs happen all the time.

Yah I'm trying to find a way to make the grouping process less tedious, painful, and scrutinizing. I don't care if they lower the raid difficulty or not, I'm simply looking for ways to reduce the problems and chunkiness and tedium that is organizing a group. Yes I'd be OK if they nerfed raids into the ground if it made grouping easier.

don't pug, get a guildproblem solved

@derd.6413 said:

don't pug, get a guildproblem solved

That's not really problem solved as all the scrutinizing I mentioned above takes place still. Trying to mitigate that.

@Sorin Noroku.5342 said:

@Rococo.8347 said:Its probably the least popular game mode because of various difficulties including the catch 22 of needing experience to get in a group, yet those resources spent could be made available to a much bigger audience - people like me who cant 'raid' raid anymore but would love to see the story, encounters and environments.

There are MANY groups that don’t ask for experience... because those things are so carryable... the problem is that those groups fill fast. Personally I don’t ask for EXP unless I’m just feeling lazy, all I ask is have watched a video. I’d even give a “tldr” of how to do the boss. There’s really no reason to lower the difficulty at all. And if ya want to raid, join one of the raid discords. Runs happen all the time.

But not all are intrested to learn it but dont want to be left out sorry but easy mode with 10% more reward is needed

Archived