Event Idea: Flip the Table of Link/Host

Mysteriax.6049

I thought it'd be interesting if as an event idea for the next relink, 12 of the current linked servers become hosts and all current host servers become links. It'd be 1 to 1 on hosts and links so there might be some population imbalance, but it would be interesting to have server names that we haven't seen in World v. World for years: Gate of Madness, Ehmry Bay, Darkhaven, Ferguson's Crossing, Eredon Terrace, Isle of Janthir, Sorrow's Furnace, Borlis Pass, Kaineng, Devona's Rest, Sanctum of Rall and Anvil Rock. Thoughts?

I think it was just a 1-time suggestion to spice things up, which would revert to normal after one session. An interesting one, given that the restructure is coming eventually anyway. OFC whomever got BG as their link would be the lottery winner, but meh, why not?

@HazyDaisy.4107 said:Most guests don't have websites, TSs, commanders or much of a pug population anymore. It might've worked a year / year and a half ago, but today it'd just be playing dress up.

I used to be on SoR. It was pretty small then. No real leadership or infrastructure. GSCH was about the only active guild. They're on their 3rd link in a row with HoD, so I'd imagine it's an absolute ghost town now. Being linked with HoD for a couple days was enough to make me bail.

I've advocated in the past for ANet to try out lots of little changes, just to see what works, what doesn't. And I'm on record as being in favor of oddball changes just to mix things up, even if most of them will fail.

However, for the foreseeable future, I really want ANet to put all their focus on making Restructuring as effective (and fun) as possible. Any time they spend fiddling with match ups now means that much less attention on getting this right. Given all the hopes they and we are putting on it, given how inherently difficult it is, given how hypercritical we (as a community) can be... it's going to be extraordinarily tricky to pull it off.

tl;dr I'm against any distractions for those working on WvW match ups, architecture, regardless of the merits.

Archived