I borked my camera?

Cuddy.6247

So I logged in today, don't really know how long it was like this, but after a while I started noticing one specific thing: turning really sucked. I'm almost 100% positive that yesterday when I turned (not strafed, turned) the camera would stay locked on my character's back so turning moved the camera as well. Now when I turn, the camera stays in position and the character just turns while I have to move the camera manually. It's kind of killing the game for me - I want the camera to be somewhat locked like when I'm riding on a mount. Any idea what settings I must've changed by accident?

Edit: Also whenever I dismount the camera doesn't like playing catch up, there's no hint at this being because of lag.

"Use Free Camera" under camera options. Disable it.

Note that even when its on you enable the auto-lock by using the right mouse button instead of the left to move your camera. When you use the left mouse button, it disables it again and is free camera which is what you describe.

@"Dawdler.8521" said:"Use Free Camera" under camera options. Disable it.

Note that even when its on you enable the auto-lock by using the right mouse button instead of the left to move your camera. When you use the left mouse button, it disables it again and is free camera which is what you describe.

Well just as a note, that did the trick - however I had it disabled when I logged off and it was also the first thing I was told to check by the guild as well. Really weird. Apparently restarting the client seemed to help though. Thanks!

Edit: I also don't have a hotkey for action camera. So I really don't know how I started it, but I turned it on for the sake of science and it was definitely what was going wrong. Weird stuff is weird.

Archived