25 stacks of might every where

Aza.2105

Everyone having access to 25 stacks of might SOLO, in addition to other damage increasing boons (fury, quickness, too a extent alacrity) is the reason for the power creep. Ever wonder why P/P can kill you in a second? They usually have almost 25 stacks of might, fury etc. Ever wonder why Mesmer is so strong while having a paladin amulet? 25 stacks of might and high durations of every other boon. Why is holosmith so strong? 25 stacks of might and nearly every other boon.

It needs to be changed. There should be no way that one character solo should be able to have access to 25 stacks of might and high up time of other boons. 25 stacks of might should be reserved for team synergy, not one character. I believe if Anet either changed how much power/condi might offers in pvp or significantly lower how much access a single profession has of might and other boons. Then we will see a significant decrease in bursty damage all around.

Nearly every class has access to almost every boon in high duration or intensity at all times. When you journey back to the beginning of the game, it was not like this. A skill like staff #4 on guardian was considered good because it provided the team with so much might at once. Because might wasn't in abundance nor were any other boons really. Not anymore.

Ben, Anet, you guys need to seriously re-examine how much and how often a single class has access to boons. Particularly the damage increasing ones.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed OP, the worst part is that might used to be stronger at 35 power and condition damage, imagine that now.

Another part of the creep is overloaded traits, they didn’t want to delete anyone’s build so they brought over as many traits as possible even if it meant packing a load into 1 trait. What we have ended up with is minor and major traits offering several things all at once rather than 1 trait doing 1 thing and 1 thing only but with clear synergy throughout. A case can be made for GM traits doing a few different things in order to be build defining but that’s about as far as it should go.

been saying this since a long time...back in the day on the cele meta, Warriors and Eles atleast had to work for all that might, blasting fire fields and everything, these days is just equip X trait and get all boons 24/7...honestly i have no idea what happened to the balance devs and how they let the game come at this point that we are now.

@apharma.3741 said:Agreed OP, the worst part is that might used to be stronger at 35 power and condition damage, imagine that now.

Another part of the creep is overloaded traits, they didn’t want to delete anyone’s build so they brought over as many traits as possible even if it meant packing a load into 1 trait. What we have ended up with is minor and major traits offering several things all at once rather than 1 trait doing 1 thing and 1 thing only but with clear synergy throughout. A case can be made for GM traits doing a few different things in order to be build defining but that’s about as far as it should go.

Pretty much this. Every trait is a gm trait in powerlevel and the variety of things it can do, I almost don’t see the difference. It seems almost random now at which slot the defining traits are gonna be.

This also comes to skills though. Just compare warrior weapons before reworks most of them did 1 thing only. Every weapon now no matter what it does it will also do some damage. Random boons and condis slapped everywhere. Eventually you have to dodge everything, like now.

@LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:If you take away my 25 stacks of might you better kitten buff almost all of Revenant's damage then. Class is completely balanced around having huge might.

Hell no, damage must be toned down to all prefessions, its ridiculous right now...lol on WvW a Rev can easily stack 25 might, sword 3 and you are basically dead allready if you dont have dodges or blocks...we must remove the powercreep not add more.

25 might stacks is hardly an issue.

The issue is POF specs were given stupid extreme base damage to all of their skills both condi and power (with the exception of Renegade which was shipped utterly and completely garbage because some people maining rev still manage to farm all of you guys even with such a handicap)

Look at holosmith for example. It has multiple skills that chunk of 30-50% of the hp pool of a class with 21k hp and some of the skills have the added effect of having hard CC and do not even require you to be facing your opponent. How stupidly broken is that?

Holosmith has a 1.6 damage coefficient on the auto attack chain. That’s generally reserved for skills with 15-25 second cool downs lmfao, or some sort of effect that makes the skill generally hard to use.

I’m not even going to start addressing the ridiculousness of skill like full counter which could crit for 10-12k on an 8 second cool down. (Lmfao? Was that not so game breaking it was funny?). Or mirage, or soulbeast, or 50k single attacks from deadeye or any of the other combat breaking things introduced to the game with POF

@JayAction.9056 said:25 might stacks is hardly an issue.

The issue is POF specs were given stupid extreme base damage to all of their skills both condi and power (with the exception of Renegade which was shipped utterly and completely garbage because some people maining rev still manage to farm all of you guys even with such a handicap)

Look at holosmith for example. It has multiple skills that chunk of 30-50% of the hp pool of a class with 21k hp and some of the skills have the added effect of having hard CC and do not even require you to be facing your opponent. How stupidly broken is that?

Holosmith has a 1.6 damage coefficient on the auto attack chain. That’s generally reserved for skills with 15-25 second cool downs lmfao, or some sort of effect that makes the skill generally hard to use.

I’m not even going to start addressing the ridiculousness of skill like full counter which could crit for 10-12k on an 8 second cool down. (Lmfao? Was that not so game breaking it was funny?). Or mirage, or soulbeast, or 50k single attacks from deadeye or any of the other combat breaking things introduced to the game with POF

Don’t forget the amount of healing and defences packed into them too, heat therapy for a little extra healing in your example. The way healing is just thrown out in this game now where you pick a trait or two and get what would be considered near invulnerability level of sustain a year after launch. Cast times likewise at HoT we’re quite low on major impact skills and would do multiple things at the same time and the worst part of all of this is that PoF launch (excluding scourge) was considerably less power creeped than HoT launch.

It’s extremely easy with mesmers to get 25 night stacks and if running a build similar to one I run on occasion, near permanent quickness.

Holos I haven’t quite figured out how to get might on that high reliably but I’ve seen it plenty.

Warriors are also an issue.

So many builds right now that are low risk due to passive and active invulns and damage mitigation on top of running tanky amulets but ultimately dish out a lot more damage than they should compared to some other profession with a less favorable build that has to run full glass of full support, like ele for example. (Weaver being an exception if you run sage water build but even then you won’t be dishing out as easy damage as a warrior or spell breaker with demolishes amulet interrupt spamming and standing in everything bad or having seemingly constant immunity to control effects.)

The problem in most cases isn’t the amulet itself so much as these builds or elite specs designed to use the amulets too efficiently.

@Felipe.1807 said:been saying this since a long time...back in the day on the cele meta, Warriors and Eles atleast had to work for all that might, blasting fire fields and everything, these days is just equip X trait and get all boons 24/7...honestly i have no idea what happened to the balance devs and how they let the game come at this point that we are now.

Even now as a sword weaver you have to work pretty hard to get high might stacks, and that’s with two fire fields and multiple blast finishers. But part of that problem is the fact that ele still has to run water for sustain versus an engineer that had traits that grant constant protection and condi cleanse from gaining protection, grant heals from blast finishers, reduce damage with boons, and naturally have a base health way higher than a lot of other classes like thief, guardian, and ele. Holos and warriors not only get sustainable damage that’s comparable to a fresh air scepter ele or thief’s few seconds of burst, but can do so while having a way higher health pool and even running more defensive amulets.

I guess this is way beside the point, but I agree. Boon spam in general is a little crazy right now and instead of adding scourges to bring boon corruption or spell breakers to boon removal as counter play it might have been better to just tone down boons to begin with.

@"JayAction.9056" said:25 might stacks is hardly an issue.

Yes, skill and trait design for all the elite specs is horrible in terms of balance. But that doesn't mean that being able to get 25 stacks of might alone is "hardly an issue"

@OriOri.8724 said:

@"JayAction.9056" said:25 might stacks is hardly an issue.

Look at holosmith for example. It has
multiple
skills that chunk of 30-50% of the hp pool of a class with 21k hp and some of the skills have the added effect of having hard CC and do not even require you to be facing your opponent. How stupidly broken is that?

Yes, skill and trait design for all the elite specs is horrible in terms of balance. But that doesn't mean that being able to get 25 stacks of might alone is "hardly an issue"

Especially when removing the heavy boon access of builds would severely help the issue of builds being able to do too much of everything. Might and fury allows for insane damage on bunker builds and prot with regen allows for bursty glass builds to be super tanky.

Personally I dont mind multiple classes having access to a broader spectrum of boons.The problem is the number of stacks applied and the time investment in particular.Old D/D cele ele (in vanilla) had a very slow but steady way of building up might. The longer the fight was, the more dangerous the spec became. That "race against time"-scenario had a very nice feel to it, especially since there were various counterplay options to it (chill for instance screwed them over pretty hard).Now people really only have press 1 or 2 skills and are capped out on might, if they dont even do so with mere passive procs alone. 25 might right off the bat is really stupid imo......but then again, with scourge and spellbreaker and all other forms of boonstrip around, the devs really brought this upon themselves....shame really.

@"BikeIsGone.8675" said:Personally I dont mind multiple classes having access to a broader spectrum of boons.The problem is the number of stacks applied and the time investment in particular.Old D/D cele ele (in vanilla) had a very slow but steady way of building up might. The longer the fight was, the more dangerous the spec became. That "race against time"-scenario had a very nice feel to it, especially since there were various counterplay options to it (chill for instance screwed them over pretty hard).Now people really only have press 1 or 2 skills and are capped out on might, if they dont even do so with mere passive procs alone. 25 might right off the bat is really stupid imo......but then again, with scourge and spellbreaker and all other forms of boonstrip around, the devs really brought this upon themselves....shame really.

Unfortunately that's a really good point, how would one build up might in the current situation with the amount of boon strip going on at the moment.. I guess you couldn't tone down might stacking skills without toning down the corruption and stripping.

agreed. This is what happens when you get rid of unique boons/hexes (GW1) and use a universal system that eventually differentiates itself by allowing specs to stack a condi or boon more effectively than previous builds, and then whenever they need to differentiate more they just add new, better ways to stack these effects. Eventually you get maxed out on how far you can go and anything that can't stack boons as such is considered weak. It also makes 25 stacks the norm so everything is balanced around such, and in the end they could just do away with might or whatever because everything becomes normalized around having full stacks of the boon and it doesn't require skill to get there.

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I would honestly like it if might was something simple like "increase damage and condition damage by 5-10%" flat and non-stackable. I feel like a lot of the reason might is thrown around so flippantly is because of raids and the expectation to have perma 25 might stacks. I mean really, 750 of 2 stats is absolutely ridiculous. Changing the way the boon works would require a ton of adjustments for skills for all classes, but I would like to see the way might currently exists in the game completely gone.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@"BikeIsGone.8675" said:Personally I dont mind multiple classes having access to a broader spectrum of boons.The problem is the number of stacks applied and the time investment in particular.Old D/D cele ele (in vanilla) had a very slow but steady way of building up might. The longer the fight was, the more dangerous the spec became. That "race against time"-scenario had a very nice feel to it, especially since there were various counterplay options to it (chill for instance screwed them over pretty hard).Now people really only have press 1 or 2 skills and are capped out on might, if they dont even do so with mere passive procs alone. 25 might right off the bat is really stupid imo......but then again, with scourge and spellbreaker and all other forms of boonstrip around, the devs really brought this upon themselves....shame really.

Unfortunately that's a really good point, how would one build up might in the current situation with the amount of boon strip going on at the moment.. I guess you couldn't tone down might stacking skills without toning down the corruption and stripping.

Well, ideally we would see a balance patch that addresses all of:

• boon spam
  • condi spam
  • boon rip spam
  • boon convert spam
  • condi clear spam

at the same time. However, that aside, it might be time for strips to be redesigned. Even though its mostly trivial to get 25 might now, is it really ok for a single strip to strip all 25 stacks? Or if you have 25 stacks of stab, is it acceptable for a single strip to strip all 25 stacks? In cases like mind spike where the strip is on an auto chain, I don't think this is appropriate. I really want to see strips be updated to have a maximum stack stripped detail. Strips that are supposed to be very powerful could keep this limit at 25 stacks, while strips that are easier to access could maybe have a cap of 10 or so.

Archived