Which masteries are useful in WvW?

Annihilator.2617

@Annihilator.2617 said:

@"DemonSeed.3528" said:Everything wvw related has it's own mastery, rank, and rank abilities. Only HoT expac owners have access to some extra ones like shield gen and provisions, and wargliding mastery, other than that it is the same for everyone else.

I have all expansions. Any masteries outside wvw that can help me with wvw?No.

WvW masteries that are generally useful is the build/repair/supply cap ones. PoF added gliding too that's really useful. The siege masteries are secondary if you zerg, though I would advice going for cata first. Ultimately, you get all the masteries anyway so there is no "choice" here, only getting things sooner or later.

@Annihilator.2617 said:

@"DemonSeed.3528" said:Everything wvw related has it's own mastery, rank, and rank abilities. Only HoT expac owners have access to some extra ones like shield gen and provisions, and wargliding mastery, other than that it is the same for everyone else.

I have all expansions. Any masteries outside wvw that can help me with wvw?

Pve masteries and Wvw masteries are two separate systems, you can only use them in those areas.

You will probably want to start with one of the following depending on how you play roam zerg etc, you don't need to fill out entire lines just up to what you need to start.Provisions - gives access to autoloot and vendors for purchasing the runes and sigils etc.War gliding - for gliding in wvw.Supply master - have a chance to get supply back from building or repairing stuff.

Siege bunker - useful in structure fights, mostly with the zerg.Supply capacity - up to 5 extra supplies you can carry but this uses a lot of points.Build master - build siege faster, useful in zergs.Guard killer, defence against guards - useful if you roam and capture camps a lot.

All siege masteries can pretty much be left to the end. Optional to think about first rams if a heavy and running with zergs, catas for the shields, trebs for the cows, acs for more damage, oil and golems are rarely used so can be held to last.

You can reset your points distribution at any time for a minor cost with a vendor at spawn.Unlike pve you only need to earn wxp levels, not extra mastery points and exp to unlock something.Wxp can be boosted, this page has all the information, as mentioned by drinks.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World_Experience

I would put everything into flight (until you get to lean techniques), then auto loot, then defense, then attack, then into siege. You can always change it around using the reset at the "world ability merchant" located in every main spawn point in wvw. Resetting attributes can be done as many times as you wish. So, if you need runes just reset and put attributes there, then change them back once the runes have been purchased.

@"ToPNoP.2493" said:I would put everything into flight (until you get to lean techniques), then auto loot, then defense, then attack, then into siege. You can always change it around using the reset at the "world ability merchant" located in every main spawn point in wvw. Resetting attributes can be done as many times as you wish. So, if you need runes just reset and put attributes there, then change them back once the runes have been purchased.

Runes are for armor and have nothing to do with masteries, what are you talking about?

@Celsith.2753 said:

@"ToPNoP.2493" said:I would put everything into flight (until you get to lean techniques), then auto loot, then defense, then attack, then into siege. You can always change it around using the reset at the "world ability merchant" located in every main spawn point in wvw. Resetting attributes can be done as many times as you wish. So, if you need runes just reset and put attributes there, then change them back once the runes have been purchased.

Runes are for armor and have nothing to do with masteries, what are you talking about?

I am talking about the subject of this thread, what are you talking about? And anyone needing certain runes in wvw know that masteries are required to obtain them from a wvw vendor, Such as the dura rune.

@"Drinks.2361" said:WvW has it's own separate system, WxP upgrades about halfway down here

You probably want to get War Gliding first followed by Provisions Master since you're new, then the supply related ones

This is the way to go depending on how you plan to roll. I have 2 low rank accounts (currently 400ish so a little wiggle room). I solo roam most times, so I need gliding first, the top tier of Provisions yields extra badges so that's a good secondary, repair/gathering masteries help speed up picking up supplies, repairing walls, building seige and provide the chance to get supply back when repairing or building, there are about 4 of these categories all told requiring about 15 or more ranks per.

The big supply category is Supply Capaicity, it takes something like 60 ranks to max, but only allows you to carry 5 extra supply, you don't really need this right away if you pick up supply from a +5 camp or a presence of the keep keep.

Because of how I run, I usually work on one of the seige masteries next, cata is a good one for me, and then I start knocking out supply capacity.

Once again, it all depends on how you run and what you find works best for you. There's a reset ability vendor now, if you accidently spend points on something you find doesn't suit you well. But to get started, you will need at least 15 ranks to start experimenting.

Good luck!

@ToPNoP.2493 said:

@ToPNoP.2493 said:I would put everything into flight (until you get to lean techniques), then auto loot, then defense, then attack, then into siege. You can always change it around using the reset at the "world ability merchant" located in every main spawn point in wvw. Resetting attributes can be done as many times as you wish. So, if you need runes just reset and put attributes there, then change them back once the runes have been purchased.

I am talking about the subject of this thread, what are you talking about? And anyone needing certain runes in wvw know that masteries are required to obtain them from a wvw vendor, Such as the dura rune.

Yes, you can't buy HOT runes, Scrolls of maguuma masteries are anything else the WvW Hot vendor sells unless you max the WvW Provisioner mastery or grind PVE HOT maps. In a way it has to do with WvW masteries, but it's not the only way to get those things so it's a toss up which you consider easier. Because, even if you max the Provisions line, you still need other WvW currencies to purchase those items.

So, OP, don't go thinking you can grind ranks, max this category and just purchase these items, because it's not that easy.

@HazyDaisy.4107 said:

@ToPNoP.2493 said:I would put everything into flight (until you get to lean techniques), then auto loot, then defense, then attack, then into siege. You can always change it around using the reset at the "world ability merchant" located in every main spawn point in wvw. Resetting attributes can be done as many times as you wish. So, if you need runes just reset and put attributes there, then change them back once the runes have been purchased.

Yes, you can't buy HOT runes, Scrolls of maguuma masteries are anything else the WvW Hot vendor sells unless you max the WvW Provisioner mastery or grind PVE HOT maps. In a way it has to do with WvW masteries, but it's not the only way to get those things so it's a toss up which you consider easier. Because, even if you max the Provisions line, you still need other WvW currencies to purchase those items.

So, OP, don't go thinking you can grind ranks, max this category and just purchase these items, because it's not that easy.

its easy if you wvw. I don't play pve, I enjoy the competition. this is a thread about wvw masteries, not pve open world.

@ToPNoP.2493 said:

Ah thank you for making that clear. I've had all masteries for so long i'd forgotten such requirements exist.

@ToPNoP.2493 said:

its easy if you wvw. I don't play pve, I enjoy the competition. this is a thread about wvw masteries, not pve open world.

I literally mentioned PVE in one line, but thanks for pointing out its a wvw thread...

Archived