Elite Spec Idea: Toolitarian

Vagrant.7206

I was bored the other day and thought of something that I don't believe has been discussed elsewhere. What if we were able to change our toolbelt skills like we can change our utility skills? Thus, my idea for the toolitarian was born.

This was also partially inspired by Batman and Arrow. Just sayin'.

Toolitarian

• Unique Mechanic: Customizable Toolbelt

Weapon: Short Bow or Harpoon Gun

Weapon Skills:

1. Serrated Bolt - Piercing arrows that cripple and bleed.
  2. Ice Bolt - Freezes target for 1s, applies chill for 4s.
  3. Poison Bolt - Poisons and blinds, places smoke field and a poison field for 3s.
  4. Explosive Bolt - AoE Knockback + 2 stacks of burning for 2s
  5. Zipline - Pull yourself to a target area, regardless of height

I didn't come up with any utility skills, but I felt it was an interesting idea to play with. One of the shortcomings of engineer is that our toolbelt skills are often weak if the utility is strong, or vice versa. What if we could circumvent that issue by choosing our toolbelt skills directly?

@derd.6413 said:i don't really see it work without some major retooling (pun intended) of engi.

shortbow is kinda eh (except zipline: that'd break so many things like maps and jumping puzzels)

What do you mean it would require retooling? Too OP? Too UP?

Zipline would have to operate similar to necro, thief, or mesmer teleports. If the game can't figure out a route, you don't zipline.

@Vagrant.7206 said:

@"derd.6413" said:i don't really see it work without some major retooling (pun intended) of engi.

shortbow is kinda eh (except zipline: that'd break so many things like maps and jumping puzzels)

What do you mean it would require retooling? Too OP? Too UP?

Zipline would have to operate similar to necro, thief, or mesmer teleports. If the game can't figure out a route, you don't zipline.

a bit of both some op and some up

and zipline is broken because of the "regardless of height" part (and let's be fair it's just a thief's shortbow 5 without it)

Archived