WvW overhaul sugestion

abelsgmx.7530

All the games need new players to live, the current WvW match system is not looking on that, facing new players with experienced players, resulting in people who don't want join in WvW and outnumbered factions. A posible solution, can be making WvW guilds (no server bsed guilds), formed by players ranks, going up based on their performance, so unexperienced people can have the same oportunities to enjoy WvW.

@abelsgmx.7530 said:All the games need new players to live, the current WvW match system is not looking on that, facing new players with experienced players, resulting in people who don't want join in WvW and outnumbered factions. A posible solution, can be making WvW guilds (no server bsed guilds), formed by players ranks, going up based on their performance, so unexperienced people can have the same oportunities to enjoy WvW.

Sure. Guilds will only be able to be 20. Anytime they run with more, or pugs join them, their ranking is null and void for that run, whether in squad or not.

Otherwise, if a blob guild runs over a guild running 20, then who gets the credit? And how do you account for tag along? Don't say in squad or not, because that won't work. Too many 'helpers' or 'rallybots' depending on your perspective.

Guild rankings could ONLY work if a GvG arena was established.

@derd.6413 said:rank does not equate to skill and all it would do is split up guilds into different servers. and wvw isn't as dead as ppl say (maybe some individual servers but not the game mode)

besides the changes anet is working on sounded promising

For that I said battles can be formed by WvW based guilds (formed by players performance) not server based guilds in WvW, server guilds will be there in PVE. New people will compete with new people and they will have the same advantages and challenges same for veterans players

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@abelsgmx.7530 said:All the games need new players to live, the current WvW match system is not looking on that, facing new players with experienced players, resulting in people who don't want join in WvW and outnumbered factions. A posible solution, can be making WvW guilds (no server bsed guilds), formed by players ranks, going up based on their performance, so unexperienced people can have the same oportunities to enjoy WvW.

Sure. Guilds will only be able to be 20. Anytime they run with more, or pugs join them, their ranking is null and void for that run, whether in squad or not.

Otherwise, if a blob guild runs over a guild running 20, then who gets the credit? And how do you account for tag along? Don't say in squad or not, because that won't work. Too many 'helpers' or 'rallybots' depending on your perspective.

Guild rankings could ONLY work if a GvG arena was established.

How to rank a WvW player? Damage, kills, heals, cc's, alacracy used, etc...

@abelsgmx.7530 said:

@"derd.6413" said:rank does not equate to skill and all it would do is split up guilds into different servers. and wvw isn't as dead as ppl say (maybe some individual servers but not the game mode)

besides the changes anet is working on sounded promising

For that I said battles can be formed by WvW based guilds (formed by players performance) not server based guilds in WvW, server guilds will be there in PVE. New people will compete with new people and they will have the same advantages and challenges same for veterans players

either they get placed depending on individual skill in which case it will split up guilds and friends because ppl start at different skill levels and improve at different paces or it's based on guild performance in which case all it would do is give some random player the power to decide who gets on the good server/guild and nothing else. (read "and nothing else")took me a while to find: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/26547/world-restructuring/p1

also:

server guilds will be there in PVEare ya trying to make me laugh m8?

W.e they do in this alliance system I can only hope they do this one thing:some sort of ranking/rating system for individual guilds or at least alliancesKDR, PPK earned, PPT earned, objectives fliped/saved etc.

I think this needs to happen to encourage players to do more stuff.

I believe Anet said they are working on a solution, mainly by placing people in servers to make them equal closely in time spent playing. Right now its harder because the components are bigger, such as servers. What I took was, if you average 2 hours a day for 2 months, then you may be equal to two players who only play one hour. They stated that there is a lot of data on player abilities also, kills deaths and such. Therefore they may use that also. But I wouldn't hold my breath because there are a lot of relevant factors, maybe too many to consider. It is all speculation at this point.

Archived