Super Adventure Box Tribulation Mode W-1 Z-2 why is it so hard ?

I can make it to the first check point, but as I get to lava area where you jump on 2 stones then dodge roll to leaf its impossible for me to do I tried for 2 days now.... I am not able to get past this point . someone told me to down load something called taco. I find that seriously wrong to down load a app to help me complete this part of the game and it should not be so hard for the guys or ladies to get past this part of the game.

Maybe they should have made 2 paths here.... 1 that's is a little easier but takes a little longer to do and keep the part I'm stuck on as a easy path for others who can jump the darn rocks

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@TexZero.7910 said:You dont need Taco and its only hard if you're unware of the pitfalls and traps.

Just keep playing it until you understand the pattern and it becomes a lot easier.

I think i have died 300 times already and i do understand it but i just cant get past it :( Its to hard. I never really like this festival this is the first year i tried to do it and this is beyond me at this point. I might as well count my losses at this point or pay someone else to do it for me. but ty for the advise

@"Rhapsody Dragonfly.5136" said:I can make it to the first check point, but as I get to lava area where you jump on 2 stones then dodge roll to leaf its impossible for me to do I tried for 2 days now.... I am not able to get past this point . someone told me to down load something called taco. I find that seriously wrong to down load a app to help me complete this part of the game and it should not be so hard for the guys or ladies to get past this part of the game.

You don't need to dodge roll or dodge jump or whatever.

Jump onto the near edge of the 2nd little stone, the one closest to the jumping rock. If you don't jump too far, you'll still be out of the range that makes the rock jump.

Now, turn the camera so your back is to the jumping rock. Walk backwards a little bit and quickly jump back to the first little stone. If you do it right, the big stone will jump but you'll be back safely on the first stone.

Swing the camera back around and jump to the 2nd stone again, from there onto the jumping rock (its jump will be on cooldown) and from there to the fern leaf.

You will need to do this fast and with great precision. It usually takes me a few tries to get it right, but lives are cheap.

shows how it's done, though I have to admit that guy does it a lot more impressively than I ever could, in one smooth motion. I take my time with it.

@Manasa Devi.7958 said:

@"Rhapsody Dragonfly.5136" said:I can make it to the first check point, but as I get to lava area where you jump on 2 stones then dodge roll to leaf its impossible for me to do I tried for 2 days now.... I am not able to get past this point . someone told me to down load something called taco. I find that seriously wrong to down load a app to help me complete this part of the game and it should not be so hard for the guys or ladies to get past this part of the game.

Jump onto the near edge of the 2nd little stone, the one closest to the jumping rock. If you don't jump too far, you'll still be out of the range that makes the rock jump.

Now, turn the camera so your back is to the jumping rock. Walk backwards a little bit and quickly jump back to the first little stone. If you do it right, the big stone will jump but you'll be back safely on the first stone.

Swing the camera back around and jump to the 2nd stone again, from there onto the jumping rock (its jump will be on cooldown) and from there to the fern leaf.

You will need to do this fast and with great precision. It usually takes me a few tries to get it right, but lives are cheap.

shows how it's done, though I have to admit that guy does it a lot more impressively than I ever could, in one smooth motion. I take my time with it.

I keep trying ty for the video

@Manasa Devi.7958 said:

I don't think I can move like that I use a track ball. left hand rest on keyboard and I cant rotate fast enough to do it :scream:

@Rhapsody Dragonfly.5136 said:I can make it to the first check point, but as I get to lava area where you jump on 2 stones then dodge roll to leaf its impossible for me to do I tried for 2 days now.... I am not able to get past this point . someone told me to down load something called taco. I find that seriously wrong to down load a app to help me complete this part of the game and it should not be so hard for the guys or ladies to get past this part of the game.

It's supposed to be difficult. It's tribulation mode.

If it helps, I've found two ways to do this:

1) Dodge jumping to evade the jumping rock's hit.

2) Jump to the second small rock, then jump back to the first. The idea is you set off the jumping rock, then quickly jump across before it can trigger again.

Both of these methods require a little precision, timing, and speed. I find method two easier and more reliable because I find it difficult to perform the dodge jump as precisely as required.

@Rhapsody Dragonfly.5136 said:

@Rhapsody Dragonfly.5136 said:I can make it to the first check point, but as I get to lava area where you jump on 2 stones then dodge roll to leaf its impossible for me to do I tried for 2 days now.... I am not able to get past this point . someone told me to down load something called taco. I find that seriously wrong to down load a app to help me complete this part of the game and it should not be so hard for the guys or ladies to get past this part of the game.

I don't think I can move like that I use a track ball. left hand rest on keyboard and I cant rotate fast enough to do it :scream:

Err just saw this. Yeah, you're using the wrong type of mouse for this sort of gameplay. That isn't going to work.

@"Manasa Devi.7958" said:You don't need to dodge roll or dodge jump or whatever.

Action camera allows forward (full speed) running towards the camera (or any direction you pres the movement keys in, if you move the camera 90 degrees from your movement direction, you can pretend it is a side scrolling game.) as long at your are not in an attack animation, so that may make it easier than rotating the camera a bunch.

What messes me up even more about Z1-2 is the part coming shortly after the rocks. It might be my ping or something, but just walking around or jumping cleanly on the grass area in front of the tree with the balloon-giving-thing randomly instant kills me as if I touched lava. Typically around the area with the trapped barrel in the tree stump. Wasn't this horrible last year.

About the rocks themselves, I just instant run onto the closer edge of the jumping ***hle rock and immediately dodge jump onto the root or leaf (do it to late and you'll be knocked away), saves me from trying to trick the polling area of the jumping... "rock".

@AliamRationem.5172 said:

Err just saw this. Yeah, you're using the wrong type of mouse for this sort of gameplay. That isn't going to work.

its the only way i can play the game. its kind of hard to explain but my brain works differently then most people and this is the only way I can really play the game

its the only way i can play the game. its kind of hard to explain but my brain works differently then most people and this is the only way I can really play the game

Well, then SAB tribulation mode might not be for you. Although, as I recall, I died a ton of times before I got that part figured out. Maybe you just need to keep brute-forcing it until you get it down? But that trackball mouse sounds like it will make those fast, precision jumps next to impossible, honestly.

As someone that has completed each zone in trib from both worlds 20 times, i have to say all of them have similar difficulty, apart from W2-Z2, which is the most annoying of all. I remember when i did W1 trib 2 years ago, i used to die 50-60 times per zone completion on the first 5 completions, then it would start going down to the point that for the last 5 or so i would die only once or twice per completion per zone, if i died at all. The same happened last year when i did W2 trib (but it doesnt apply to Z2, i still died 10+ times even on the last few completions).

It all comes down to practice really, you might have thoughts on suicide, quit the game or simply ignore SAB for the rest of your life. Instead, work your persistence and push through it as hard as you can, you will be pleased as you never were before once its over.

Action cam would work with a trackball. Though almost everyone i talk to hates action cam. I always play with action cam and don't even need to turn the camera much.

Why action cam work here is that forward left right AND backwards all have the same speed. (yay)Thus what you would need to do there is:

• Jump on the 1st tiny one
  • Then the second tiny one
  • backpedal jump on the first one again and then just jump forward.

It might take a few tries to get the backwards jump right, as that will feel really weird at first.

@AliamRationem.5172 said:

Well, then SAB tribulation mode might not be for you. Although, as I recall, I died a ton of times before I got that part figured out. Maybe you just need to keep brute-forcing it until you get it down? But that trackball mouse sounds like it will make those fast, precision jumps next to impossible, honestly.

Its starting to feel that way . I'm going on 500 deaths. and I don't feel like they made this a fair completion across all the different ways that people play the game to complete the event for achievements

@FrizzFreston.5290 said:Action cam would work with a trackball. Though almost everyone i talk to hates action cam. I always play with action cam and don't even need to turn the camera much.

Why action cam work here is that forward left right AND backwards all have the same speed. (yay)Thus what you would need to do there is:

It might take a few tries to get the backwards jump right, as that will feel really weird at first.

that's a little to confusing for my brain, ty though

I wanted the Trib boombox, it took me a few hours but I beat zone 1, the next day I tried zone 2, got to the place you speak of and spent about 5 hours there, I made it across 3 times and died shortly after each time. They say it can be done quite easily, and I was patient, but my patience has limits, I began to think about what was ahead of that area and logged out.

Its starting to feel that way . I'm going on 500 deaths. and I don't feel like they made this a fair completion across all the different ways that people play the game to complete the event for achievements

I'm going on near 1000 deaths and I can't even get passed w1 z1 lol.

Some aspects of this game are made for a minority of players.I find it affects my level of fun if I play just for achieves because many I just can't do.Better to play for something just because it's fun and not chieves.

Trib might be something to just move on from and do something else, for you too.

@FrizzFreston.5290 said:Action cam would work with a trackball. Though almost everyone i talk to hates action cam. I always play with action cam and don't even need to turn the camera much.

that's a little to confusing for my brain, ty though

It's basically what is happening in the video, except you jump back to the first stone using the back movement while in actioncam.

Archived