Warrior/Spellbreaker is just weak.

Kuulpb.5412

I have done some tests. here's the results.Berserker + Scholar runes. - These are all the critical hits.Auto attacks

Spellbreaker Dagger in berserker with 0 might stacks - 1521 - 1582 - 2063Spellbreaker Dagger in berserker with 11 might stacks - 1854 - 1874 - 2451Spellbreaker Axe - 2555power, 236.6% crit dmg 0 might - 1940 - 2104(x2) - 2213(x2) - 4723Deadeye dagger - 2555 power, 230.5% crit dmg - 0 might stacks - 1146(x2) - 2531 - 3286

Deadeye Rifle 1 (not kneeling) - 1902Deadeye Rifle 1 (kneeling) - 2812 (stealth attack) - 2680 (regular attack)Spellbreaker Rifle - 1682

TL;DR

Warrior Daggers and Rifle are just EXTREMELY weak in comparison to thieves, for "masters of weapons" they seem to be basically swinging sticks around not weapons.the axe did hit for more, but only with 236.6% crit dmg. And the rifle was, basically useless.

EditWarrior longbow - 1120(x2). plus longbow arcs.Warrior in general is super weak, they seem to be more of a "give might to everyone" than a "Kill everyone", and their rifle is even weaker.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couldn't agree more, the weapons need way higher coefficient to be meaningful. I really don't know why anet has a sudden condi fetish but it's getting really annoying as someone who doesn't like to play condi builds. ATM this is the only new spec I have unlocked (for PoF) and I feel like it's the weakest in pve. I want to play it and like it, but then again I don't want to play it just because I feel weak or have no sustain.

@WolfsFang.2301 said:Couldn't agree more, the weapons need way higher coefficient to be meaningful. I really don't know why anet has a sudden condi fetish but it's getting really annoying as someone who doesn't like to play condi builds. ATM this is the only new spec I have unlocked (for PoF) and I feel like it's the weakest in pve. I want to play it and like it, but then again I don't want to play it just because I feel weak or have no sustain.

Its stange given how spellbreaker is pretty much the most power oriented Spec in the game.... which instantly cripples it since the its weapon is a power weapon which lacks more power than greatsword (also a power weapon)Hammer seems to meld with Spellbreaker the best as its a power weapon and has good CC ...

@FaboBabo.3581 said:Well Spellbreaker seems to be an spvp/ wvw spec - I faced a spellbreaker in WvW. I could kill him... with the help of 3 other players...and we still needed 5 minutes.

Full Counter is one of the strongest skills ever made. It literally absorbs damage - > counters unblockable attacks

Which is totally irrelevant to the discussion of Dagger DPS being teh suck.

@Oglaf.1074 said:

@FaboBabo.3581 said:Well Spellbreaker seems to be an spvp/ wvw spec - I faced a spellbreaker in WvW. I could kill him... with the help of 3 other players...and we still needed 5 minutes.

Full Counter is one of the strongest skills ever made. It literally absorbs damage - > counters unblockable attacks

Which is totally irrelevant to the discussion of Dagger DPS being teh kitten.

it IS relevant. If a class has tons of sustain when traiting for it, while havin massive damage without traiting for it, its simply going to be unbalanced.Havin an Elite spec which is great in PvE AND in PvP, has in most cases serious balance probleems, due to the fact that "high damage" in PvP and "high damage" in pve are 2 different shoes.

If spellbreaker simply gets more damage on his attacks, its flat out going to be broken.Now u can say ; split pvp/wvw and pve. At that point, every class is going to ask for it ; " give us more damage in pve", until the Point in which AN actually listens and equals every damage of every class, just because ppl literally ask " tanks / supports / bruisers " etc need the same damage as DD's.The problem is that PvE does not work like it maybe should work. Guild wars has elite specs, and classes in generall, which are designed as support/bruisers/tanks etc , while in fact, u dont need that in PvE (except maybe a support[buffbot->Druid,Chrono])

Why would u even play a bruiser/tank orientated Elite in a scenario in which u are only lookin for damage.Specialization actually means ; specialize in one aspect of ur core class, let it be dealing raw damage, enchanting allies, debuffing foes, Bruising etc.

Now from my point of view, since the new elite specs have arised, ppl ONLY want to do damage.

Spellbreaker could have the skill ; "deal 1 damage and be invunerable for 1 minute", and u would literally say "nah skill is bad cause low dmg"

Spellbreaker does NOT deserve more damage, since its not a pure dps spec. As its new skill says ; its a FULL COUNTER spec. Spellbreaker is designed to make ur enemy useless. Interrupting, absorbing damage, corrupting boons.

The Auto is certainly low, but it is possible to maintain high might with Magebane Tether and Forceful GS. I'm talking like near perma 25 might. if you land a proper Dagger 3 and 4 you can get some really high numbers there. It's not great for everything but for general world exploration it's not terrible. With Might Makes Right with Sun and Moon Style you can also have decent sustain.

It's not optimal, but I don't feel like my progress is particularly slow. I am really disappointed that enemies aren't using boons, which could help a lot with DPS.

@FaboBabo.3581 said:

@Oglaf.1074 said:

it IS relevant. If a class has tons of sustain when traiting for it, while havin massive damage without traiting for it, its simply going to be unbalanced.Havin an Elite spec which is great in PvE AND in PvP, has in most cases serious balance probleems, due to the fact that "high damage" in PvP and "high damage" in pve are 2 different shoes.

If spellbreaker simply gets more damage on his attacks, its flat out going to be broken.Now u can say ; split pvp/wvw and pve. At that point, every class is going to ask for it ; " give us more damage in pve", until the Point in which AN actually listens and equals every damage of every class, just because ppl literally ask " tanks / supports / bruisers " etc need the same damage as DD's.The problem is that PvE does not work like it maybe should work. Guild wars has elite specs, and classes in generall, which are designed as support/bruisers/tanks etc , while in fact, u dont need that in PvE (except maybe a support[buffbot->Druid,Chrono])

Why would u even play a bruiser/tank orientated Elite in a scenario in which u are only lookin for damage.Specialization actually means ; specialize in one aspect of ur core class, let it be dealing raw damage, enchanting allies, debuffing foes, Bruising etc.

Now from my point of view, since the new elite specs have arised, ppl ONLY want to do damage.

Spellbreaker could have the skill ; "deal 1 damage and be invunerable for 1 minute", and u would literally say "nah skill is bad cause low dmg"

Spellbreaker does NOT deserve more damage, since its not a pure dps spec. As its new skill says ; its a FULL COUNTER spec. Spellbreaker is designed to make ur enemy useless. Interrupting, absorbing damage, corrupting boons.

All based on you fighting one warri with 3 others and it took you 5 minutes ( Prob less ) to kill him ?

Besides if you read peoples posts they simply state the damage is lacking,which it is.Theres other "control" specs that do dish out more damage.Im not saying the damage on spellbreaker is complete shit,but i am saying that a control build should also do damage,you expecting or wanting it to do low damage because otherwise its Flat out Broken ( oh the warri hate )..Is a non argument,really.People dont want ONLY DAMAGE,they simply state the damage is Lackluster even when youre on 20 - 25 might while already being full zerk.

@Caedmon.6798 said:

@FaboBabo.3581 said:

@Oglaf.1074 said:

All based on you fighting one warri with 3 others and it took you 5 minutes ( Prob less ) to kill him ?

Besides if you read peoples posts they simply state the damage is lacking,which it is.Theres other "control" specs that do dish out more damage.Im not saying the damage on spellbreaker is complete kitten,but i am saying that a control build should also do damage,you expecting or wanting it to do low damage because otherwise its Flat out Broken ( oh the warri hate )..Is a non argument,really.People dont want ONLY DAMAGE,they simply state the damage is Lackluster even when youre on 20 - 25 might while already being full zerk.

Exactly. Don't drag this thread that is purely about the auto-attack damage down with your experiences fighting Spellbreakers as a whole - which (contrary to what you think) is entirely irrelevant and off-topic spam.

The problem with warrior is it doesn't have 'damage that happens during auto attacks'.

Guardian for example has symbols, which hit just as hard as their auto essentially doubling their DPS, and also have traps.

Any weapon skills warrior uses interupts auto attack, meaning they come out as DPS neutral at best.

For control you have mesmers who can shatter constantly, or thieves who can just spam pistol 4. or steal. for boonstrip, Mesmer, necro, thief..... what I am saying is Spellbreake ris obviously worse at CC and boonstrip than other procs, AND it's weaker in damage. So if they buff anything, buff damage.

@Kuulpb.5412 said:For control you have mesmers who can shatter constantly, or thieves who can just spam pistol 4. or steal. for boonstrip, Mesmer, necro, thief..... what I am saying is Spellbreake ris obviously worse at CC and boonstrip than other procs, AND it's weaker in damage. So if they buff anything, buff damage.

And it is strictly constrained to melee.

Class has always had a problem receiving unreasonable amounts of hate from the community even though it is one of the most honest designs imo.

Anet will also continue to nerf based on the forums and anyone who threatens ele (or w/e is fotm). I swear APM is all the balance team cares about.

@Dralor.3701 said:People were complaining quite a bit in the pvp forums pre zerker nerf.

Plenty of QQ about full counter as well in both spvp/wvw.

Ah, yeah... I don't normally check in on the pvp forum. That said, I can see why they'd complain. The damage+blocks/invulns+sustain was stupidly OP on some Berserker builds in pvp (but not nearly as much of a problem in wvw, nor at high level pvp play). But it was a problem because it hugely covered for sloppy play, especially at low and medium tiers.

I haven't personally had much problem fighting spellbreakers in wvw, but I'm still learning what the different classes kick out. So far, fighting mirages and scourges have required more careful strategy for me. Holosmiths to a lesser extent, but mostly because I"m still learning which visual effects to ignore and which to avoid.

Archived