Wanting to get back into gw2 a little tight on money for the path of fire what class is best?

Ryou.2398

Pretty sure is chrono followed by druid followed by berserker warrior. Still in lot of need for those in fractals n raids.You can't go wrong on all 3 of them and if you took out warrior(that is ultra good for bs), the remaining 2 have many viable builds to play, either as support role or as a pure dps. Especially ranger which is viable as a cranger, druid dps or druid heal or even hybrid support.Also all of them are HoT professions.

Hope that helps

@Seteruss.4058 said:Pretty sure is chrono followed by druid followed by berserker warrior. Still in lot of need for those in fractals n raids.You can't go wrong on all 3 of them and if you took out warrior(that is ultra good for bs), the remaining 2 have many viable builds to play, either as support role or as a pure dps. Especially ranger which is viable as a cranger, druid dps or druid heal or even hybrid support.Also all of them are HoT professions.

Hope that helps

Does druid dps use the staff by any chance? That would be sweet.

@Ryou.2398 said:

@Seteruss.4058 said:Pretty sure is chrono followed by druid followed by berserker warrior. Still in lot of need for those in fractals n raids.You can't go wrong on all 3 of them and if you took out warrior(that is ultra good for bs), the remaining 2 have many viable builds to play, either as support role or as a pure dps. Especially ranger which is viable as a cranger, druid dps or druid heal or even hybrid support.Also all of them are HoT professions.

Hope that helps

Staff druid is for heals only. It does make dmg but few.Druid dps is axe/torch-shortbow.Full support using sw/wh-staff or axe/wh-staff.Ofc you can play as you like.

@Seteruss.4058 said:

Hope that helps

Staff druid is for heals only. It does make dmg but few.Druid dps is axe/torch-shortbow.Full support using sw/wh-staff or axe/wh-staff.Ofc you can play as you like.

I see oh well thanks for the info:)

@Ryou.2398 said:

Hope that helps

As a last note, if you can have two sets of armor, you can pretty do anything.I suppose magi will you heal armor as you don't have access to harriers, and vipers for the dps spec.Imo if you can buy PoF things will be better, and as for dps spec you will not have to change anything as vipers is still meta. For heal you ll have to convert it to harriers.

@Seteruss.4058 said:

Hope that helps

As a last note, if you can have two sets of armor, you can pretty do anything.I suppose magi will you heal armor as you don't have access to harriers, and vipers for the dps spec.Imo if you can buy PoF things will be better, and as for dps spec you will not have to change anything as vipers is still meta. For heal you ll have to convert it to harriers.

Nobody uses Magi for healing, it's Minstrel or Harrier, or go home. You get nowhere near the boon duration you'd want with Magi.

Correction: This statement is not entirely accurate, see below.

@Yannir.4132 said:

Hope that helps

Nobody uses Magi for healing, it's Minstrel or Harrier, or go home. You get nowhere near the boon duration you'd want with Magi.

Never had minstrel as I switched to harrier from magi.Didn't think about it at 1st place.Guess your right but only for minstrel as op talked about HoT only.

@Seteruss.4058 said:

Hope that helps

Never had minstrel as I switched to harrier from magi.Didn't think about it at 1st place.Guess your right but only for minstrel as op talked about HoT only.

Well Harrier is a lot easier to get(and superior) than Minstrel but it is PoF only.Actually, I'll correct myself a bit. Magi/Minstrel combo was the one used previously before PoF, it was never full Minstrel for druid. I wanted to be edgy earlier. :lol:

Didnt they also add givers/bringers stats ascensed for core? Couldnt you use those for boon durations if you lack pof and dont want to farm pearls?Edit

To clarify: I meant to say use a mix of giver and magi. Just enouh givers to get your boon duration up, and use magi for the rest. I also just found out bringers was an expertise stat, my mistake for bringing it up.

If you can't afford PoF then the Chronomancer is the best choice for you: is arguably the class in the best shape in all the game modes along with the Guardian, but Guardian is enhanced by the Firebrand spec, whereas Chronomancer is as strong if not better than the Mirage spec.

Archived