[QoL Change] Diamond Skin : reduce condi dmg while attuned to earth

Arheundel.6451

It's time for Anet to admit it : the current version of Diamond skin is outdated given the bursty nature of condi builds these days, not even the old version of Diamond skin would work in the current game....we need something else, like reduce condi dmg by 20-25% while attuned to earth no health requirements ofc.

This would go a long way making support tempest somehow more viable in pvp and wvw.

Any thoughts?

It seems nice to have that much drop in taking of condi dmg but on its own its not a true GM effect you could even say 1 condi per hit clears ever 1 sec is not GM level with the add on of hp% dependence.

I think it should stay the same BUT have an added effect of when you clear a condi convent that condi into a boon. So you keep the same effect and balances of diamond skin but give it an added effect that keep other clears for both the ele and other players the ele clears that would make ele a very viable clear class much like we see with the update to eng clears and condi convert effects.

In truth I have wanted to have something like " you take 25% less condi dmg regardless of attunement" but that may be too much I dunno. Still I think conditions are too bursty now to have any talk of HP requirements, it also forces healing gear on ele to keep up the health, it kills build diversity in that way

They could revert the trait to what it was and it wouldnt be used because the power creep has become insane. The trait WAS great AND balanced. If you were 100% bunker condi, you wouldnt win but if you even put a bit into hybrid you would make the trait worthless. The problem is, even the full bunker condis deal much more direct damage these days than they did when the original trait was about.

@"Yannir.4132" said:"When attuned to earth and above 75%, you gain Resistance (1s) each time you are hit." 1 second cooldown

So perma root when your above 75% hp? Resistance is not that good any more better to ask for condi conversion on ele way before asking for resistance.

@"Yannir.4132" said:"When attuned to earth and above 75%, you gain Resistance (1s) each time you are hit." 1 second cooldown

That would NEVER be used. It would need to be an effect that cant be corrupted or removed. It could be 100% immunity to conditions when above 50% health and it would still be near worthless unless you are bunker as you will still be taking BIG direct damage from bunker Condi builds. Being based on your health would be worthless due to the power creep that even makes condi builds hit hard with direct damage when they have base power, crit chance and crit damage :/ Lol

@Imperadordf.2687 said:

@Conqueror.3682 said:why not the good old version of this trait? make you inmune to conditions while above 90% health

S/D Weaver would be the new bandwagon spec then.

But I like the idea on OP. %25 Condition Damage Reduction on Earth and %10 reduction on others.

They could make it the reverse. Under 25% health you are immune to conditions. You still get them inflicted on you but they deal no damage. I dont think this would be that broken. WOuld be at low health, would be the choice stay low health to not get dented by conditions but risk direct damage getting you or regaining health taking condition damage but not being at as big risk against direct damage.

Though i would prefer: Immune to all conditions while attuned to earth. This would make it easier for enemies to counter as they would know not to burst all the condition spamming (they still would...) and wait for you to leave Earth and with the fact that Earth kinda (really!) sucks it could be something good to make earth worthwhile. It would be kinda similar to the Stone Heart trait. You would have one for Crit damage and one for condition damage.

I prefer the current version of diamond skin on my celestial Elementalist as it allows for quick and efficient condition removal as long as I keep my health up. For me this condition removal is much more beneficial than a 25% incoming condition damage reduction.

Also, the change of this trait to become earth-attunement only is a big no-no to me as I'm mostly attacking with fire.

@TheQuickFox.3826 said:Also, the change of this trait to become earth-attunement only is a big no-no to me as I'm mostly attacking with fire.

It will either remain trash OR it will be buffed but given limited use. The reason it is near useless is that It can be used in all attunements. If they locked it behind Earth then it would be allowed to be a viable trait. Because it would then have counters. Even though the current form is total trash, it has no counters. If they limited to just Earth, they could remove the ICD, they could lower the health requirement. They could even make it 100% immunity to conditions while in Earth and it would be fine.

They could revert it back to the way it was and it would would be under powered, because the power creep has made even Bunker Condi builds hit for 3-4k which would be EASILY enough to get an ele lower than the 90% health needed before.

Archived