BlueTooth Headset wont Stereo Quality Game while in Voice Chat

If anyone could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it

I've never had this problem on a wired headset.But with my bluetooth headset,I cant get both Stereo Quality of the Game AND Voice Chat.The game will go silent. I can then switch it to some Avantree sound (but the game sound is bad)

Anyone have any ideas what is going on?

@"EnderzShadow.2506" said:Anyone have any ideas what is going on?

I am afraid I do, and the news is not good: most BlueTooth headsets do not support both stereo playback, and acting as a microphone. The horrible technical details are hidden in the way BT was built, but ultimately, this counts as a "hardware" limitation.

(Technically, the various stereo playback profiles don't support the microphone, and the headset profile only supports terrible quality mono playback, because phone calls only supported that at the time it was defined.)

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:

I am afraid I do, and the news is not good: most BlueTooth headsets do not support both stereo playback, and acting as a microphone. The horrible technical details are hidden in the way BT was built, but ultimately, this counts as a "hardware" limitation.

(Technically, the various stereo playback profiles don't support the microphone, and the headset profile only supports terrible quality mono playback, because phone calls only supported that at the time it was defined.)

This.

Plus it doesn't help that there are a variety of odd software implementations of BT on the computer, many that don't seem to make full use of the available tools that BT does offer (or worse, that implement them inconsistently from the standard).

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:

huh, well. Good to know.Thanks for the information. One more question-- are there any ways to do a wireless headset and use voice chat and get stereo quality?I'm getting the idea...that where I goofed was by going bluetooth instead of wireless? Can you confirm?

Archived