What is the most hated class?

Teamkiller.4315

It’s always the bandwagon of current season (sb, mirage, scourge, chrono...) and thief.This class pushes out any idea of a low defense glass cannon by simply existing. Staff ele is probably the prime example.

Thief is fun and high skill cap (excluding condi s/d) but incredibly cancerous by nature.

Even though rev was listed as potato, I voted for it. For some reason the following always happens:

You have a rev in your team: he is utter trash and farmed 24/7 by the enemy, basically creating a 4v5There is a rev in the enemy team: guy is freakin godlike pressuring and farming your team

Rev is still very underrated even though in the current meta is very viable, and is extremely powerful in the hands of a competent rev player. But it seems those guys are always on the other team :(

Other than rev, it's definitely thief.

Mesmer has always been the most hated. Even when it was only viable because of portal and objectively worse than thief people still complained about it.

Now we have plat 3 players who die to mirage with only GS and refuse to learn to play around the same 5 skills, then commenting that they can't wait for nerfs.This is the caliber of the player base now and so of course the hate still comes.

Thief is a good runner up, there are historic cries but there are also times when the meta pushed both out and it was like:"why bother bringing one on your team? Mes is bad too but at least has portal."

I main thief, and I'm sad to say I've gotta go with that.

Constant access to stealthUnparalleled mobilityBig burstEasy access to interruptsConstant head games;

If you stay on node the thief moves to a team fight and +1. If you leave the node thief will move in and decap. Punished for staying on a node and punished for leaving. What's not to hate?

And this isn't even something that's just over tuned and in need of nerfs. This is how it's supposed to be. Cancer all the way.

It would be a 50/50 split on thief and mesmer, but mesmer is broken right now so I expect their numbers are inflated.

Thief is supposed to be the most annoying thing in the world. Given that it can lend a large hand to wining or losing games when played particularly well or particularly poorly. I'd hazard that a lot of people foam at the mouth from the mere sight of one.

Mesmer is also supposed to be the most annoying thing in the world + butterflies, but Arenanet apparently forgot that you kill balance if you make an annoying class a hard-to-kill heavy hitter as well.

@FyzE.3472 said:Voted necro because as soon as they got the only viable build, it was OP af and after, that got nefred several times without buffing other elite enough to be competitive

Edit: typos

Necro has been viable in sPvP since early vanilla. They've been meta nearly every single season. They're typically on the solid to lolbroken side of things.

@mortrialus.3062 said:At this point I feel way better seeing a Rev on my team than an ele.

This all the way. It’s just not as good as something else could be filling whatever role it’s trying to fill. Not to mention they’re still incredibly easy to kill.

Revs are in the same boat but they can at least apply pressure with ccs before being bursted down.

I just don’t understand what people think they’re bringing to a match as an ele. Bunker staff tempest stopped being viable halfway through last expansion but people keep trying to make it relevant. If you’re going to play support then just play firebrand, Druid, or chrono.

Archived