Gathering/Open World XP Boost This Weekend 04-20-2018

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"Vova.2640" said:I wonder if by "double experience in[...] World vs. World" they actually mean 2x more Wexp from kills, flips etc.That would be a rather pleasant surprise.

They've done those before, so it wouldn't be unprecedented.

"You can’t get blood from a stone—and if any necromancers have found a way to do that, we don’t want to know."Scepter auto on Earth elementals.

• ArenaNet Staff

@"Vova.2640" said:I wonder if by "double experience in[...] World vs. World" they actually mean 2x more Wexp from kills, flips etc.That would be a rather pleasant surprise.

Hi everybody!

Since it seems like there may be a bit of uncertainty on this, I just wanted to drop in real quick and clarify that when we say "double experience in World vs. World" for this event, we do in fact mean double WXP.

See you all on Friday!

I work every day this weekend. I wish I could bank this sort of thing and use it during my days off.

Had there been more notice I may have been able to snag a day off. Kind of sucks, I spend a good amount of time farming nodes for profit.

That said, that wxp boost, how is that calculated if boosters or other bonuses are utilized? For instance if I pop an exp booster for +50% world experience, will I in total be granted 250% 100%+100%+50% wexp or 300% (100%+50%)*2?

~ Kovu

@"Erik Waananen.6089" said:Hi everybody!

Since it seems like there may be a bit of uncertainty on this, I just wanted to drop in real quick and clarify that when we say "double experience in World vs. World" for this event, we do in fact mean double WXP.

See you all on Friday!Erik, this is amazing... simply fantastic... but it's got me a slight bit worried.as an Original Guild Wars player, I distinctly remember these bonuses. we continue to see them from time to time in gw1.i know i might sound a wee bit paranoid... please forgive me if i do... but a bonus xp weekend... is everything okay at anet?

@Erik Waananen.6089 said:

Hi everybody!

Since it seems like there may be a bit of uncertainty on this, I just wanted to drop in real quick and clarify that when we say "double experience in World vs. World" for this event, we
do
in fact mean double WXP.

See you all on Friday!

Wow, may finally hit rank 2k.... ;P

! JK, nowhere near 2k.

Hi everybody!

Since it seems like there may be a bit of uncertainty on this, I just wanted to drop in real quick and clarify that when we say "double experience in World vs. World" for this event, we
do
in fact mean double WXP.

See you all on Friday!

Does this effect gathering from Noxious Pods on Dragon Stand?

This is a bad sign. Reminds me of the struggling grinder MMOs from my early days.

Will any effects stack ?
33% yield + the one you already have from tool or booster ? or + the guild potion/banner boosts ?will the 2x boost multiply food/util effects, infusions, boosters or guild potions ?

Hi everybody!

do
in fact mean double WXP.

See you all on Friday!

Awesome!

I am supper excited about this "weekend Bonus" and hope it makes it's return in regularly. It would also be nice to see Karma, Reward Drop, Magic Find, and drop rate increase bonus weekends also =) you know for those that might not need XP as much ;)Still good move I like it so far :) I miss the Weekly Bonuses from gw1 :(

Edit: Oh Oh Oh! after thought! Also maybe have Bonus Map related rewards like Airship Parts+Ley-Line Crystals+Aurillium+ Crystaline Ore, Then Crowbars+Chak Acid, and LWS3 stuff...wait am I going hog wild with this?!?........Nah =)

Archived