More Hackers (they feel safe now that bans went out)

Kite.5327

@Pato.9320 said:I recently coming back, so I have no idea how to realize if there's a hacker around. Could you please explain me so I can report them if I see any?Thanks!

I would hold off until you get a good feel for what all the professions are capable of, except ridiculously obvious things.

The obvious ones:

• Flying in PvP (if their character actually floats around the map from point to point instead of running)
  • Speed hacking (if a character is running way faster than possible even with super speed. It will appear as if they are teleporting around, and it's more obvious for professions like engi that can't port.)
  • Teleporting across the entire map instantly, especially when there is no mesmer on their team.

There are other ones I've seen that are less common like appearing invulnerable for minutes at a time rather than just seconds, but generally I would just look out for the above ones first. Sometimes they will play thief or mesmer to make it seem like they're using legitimate ports, but eventually you'll get the idea of what they're actually capable of and be able to tell when someone is hacking.

Suspect A-Net were paying attention only to Ranked PvP Hackers, as there has been a huge bulge in Unranked in recent weeks - so much so I had to play Ranked myself to win some games after about a dozen pow-pow loses in a row (normally Unranked gives a 50/50 chance of winning after the improvements over the last two seasons).

That said, I have seen few 70mph 100% invis gankers in WvW recently.

@Ubi.4136 said:

@"Aeolus.3615" said:players still abusing scourge range .... in several gamemodes...

Yeah, been seeing a lot of 2k+ range shades lately. Also, 2k range sand swells.

This on WvW is getting way out of control.. im on rev range being bombed, dodge back arorund 400-600 more necro bomb... while scourges keep at same place bombing, and im far out of range from 1200 units.

And to get worse Anet removed line of sight, ive been bombed inside a keep from the outter since i was close the the struture wall... since with the cheat shades range will damage targets outside socurge aoe real radius due it beign incrased but the target client still see normal red circle but takes damage...... (reason i play with combat log open... it is my way to see "invisible damage ticking")

Duno why Anet does so much mistakes in development and decisions...

Archived