Spellbreaker's Full Counter needs some work

SlugMan.7423

It play a lot of chronomancer and recently started doing T4 fractals on a spellbreaker. There are a lot of things I am used to blocking with chrono's shield or sword and am trying to do with Full Counter but it never activates. The things I've found so far: toxic trails, flux bombs, the shockwave in 99 CM.Is this a bug or intentional? I feel like if a block works to absorb damage on one class it should on other classes as well.

@"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:You don't need targeted, I think it has to be an actual attack from a foe not an environmental "attack."

I think Red Haired Savage is right. But if I can block something with chronomancer I should be able to consistently block with other classes as well. I guess I'll have to run some tests on other professions too.

@SlugMan.7423 said:

@"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:You don't need targeted, I think it has to be an actual attack from a foe not an environmental "attack."

I think Red Haired Savage is right. But if I can block something with chronomancer I should be able to consistently block with other classes as well. I guess I'll have to run some tests on other professions too.

because its not an innate block, it only activates block on attack based damage.

@Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485 said:

because its not an innate block, it only activates block on attack based damage.

Yup. Full Counter is not a black, but an absorb, which triggers from a NPC/Player-based Attack.

@Mikeskies.1536 said:

Yup. Full Counter is not a black, but an absorb, which triggers from a NPC/Player-based Attack.

technically a nullification :3

@Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485 said:

technically a nullification :3

Or if the floating text is to be believed, an evade.

the evade happens after the nullification, which is why it shows 0 first.

It's basically a really brief Endure Pain with stability on the cast that transitions into evade frames when triggered.

Or if the floating text is to be believed, an evade.

the evade happens after the nullification, which is why it shows 0 first.

It's basically a really brief Endure Pain with stability on the cast that transitions into evade frames when triggered.

yup, and endure pain is a nullification

@SlugMan.7423 said:

Its not a block though.

Absorb the next attack meaning you still take the hit.Meaning its not an actual block. You are getting hit and when it comes down to the code what this means is ideally while yes you take 0 damage you still suffer a hit and any effects that come with that hit.

Its why the skill has built in stability other wise you would absorb hits from cc but sitll be cc'ed because you didnt truly block them you just negated the damage.

If they change it to be a standard block several unblockables would likely no longer trigger it to actually activate.

@ZDragon.3046 said:If they change it to be a standard block several unblockables would likely no longer trigger it to actually activate.

Yes, changing it to a proper block would suck. For example you can now “block” Samarog’s shockwaves with FC which is amazing for both offense and defense. Said waves are actually unblockable so a proper block will still launch you and all that.

Like using Shield 5 (learned that the hard way ages ago).

Archived