I love how weaver was designed to be balanced but other classes were designed to be cool

Morts.5319

As the title says. I played dagger main hand and looked at the skills and thought they would be pretty op if the game was still in vanilla. Unfortunately other class devs didn't design their class to be balanced. They designed the classes to look cool and to be op. For example fire/air dagger 3 skill has to get range to properly hit targets but the charge is too long and doesn't hit anything when a spellbreaker is on your face smashing you for 7-9k crits while you do 3k max.

I like how ele elite specs were designed to have big sacrifices behind their mechanics to be rewarded (long channels on overloads followed by increased cooldowns on tempest, global attunement cooldowns and timegated 3-5 skills on weaver) while a lot of elite specs are simply upgrades to class with no drawbacks (full counter on spb, ambush skills with no cooldown and superspeed when dodging on mirage, additional and damaging dodges on dd, almost everything about firebrand etc.)

@Luimes.4281 said:I see a lot of opinion and then I see a L2P issue.

Yes, I can beat spellbreaker with weaver using the sword/dagger build. It just takes a lot of time and while I cast like 20 skills the spellbreaker does more damage with 3.

In this post I was mainly talking about the useless skills (dagger main hand on weaver pvp perspective) and how they would have been good in vanilla.

Point of this post was to criticize devs for doing dumb job on skills and thinking that it would be cool to have this balanced thing on weaver skills while other balance devs just pump their classes full of damage and visual clutter and cool effects that are super easy to play and very effective.

The profession mechanic changes from both tempest and weaver are almost entirely downgrades. The only real reason why tempest has ever been useful is for its aura spam shouts (4 traits and a rune effect from 1 button press, in aoe) and right now weaver is pretty much only good for riptide and twist of fate.

@Coldtart.4785 said:The profession mechanic changes from both tempest and weaver are almost entirely downgrades. The only real reason why tempest has ever been useful is for its aura spam shouts (4 traits and a rune effect from 1 button press, in aoe) and right now weaver is pretty much only good for riptide and twist of fate.

Nearly as good as scorge shades and its barriers! Now only if i could hit 10 targets.

@steki.1478 said:I like how ele elite specs were designed to have big sacrifices behind their mechanics to be rewarded (long channels on overloads followed by increased cooldowns on tempest, global attunement cooldowns and timegated 3-5 skills on weaver) while a lot of elite specs are simply upgrades to class with no drawbacks (full counter on spb, ambush skills with no cooldown and superspeed when dodging on mirage, additional and damaging dodges on dd, almost everything about firebrand etc.)

This

If you think about it tempest without overloads functions almost the same like core ele...it's only louder.

I have a question about Weaver. I'm VERY new to the profession and I don't want to create a separate topic just for one question.So here it is: How does one remove the roots from druids ancient seeds? As soon as I get in those, I tend to panic and just die because I'm not sure how to properly remove those. So if anyone can answer my question, that would be very appreciated :) Sorry for the off topic as well. I feel like weaver has a little bit of everything. But a little bit.

Edit: typos

@FyzE.3472 said:I have a question about Weaver. I'm VERY new to the profession and I don't want to create a separate topic just for one question.So here it is: How does one remove the roots from druids ancient seeds? As soon as I get in those, I tend to panic and just die because I'm not sure how to properly remove those. So if anyone can answer my question, that would be very appreciated :) Sorry for the off topic as well. I feel like weaver has a little bit of everything. But a little bit.

Use condi cleanse and run away fast, flash away from it, kill it so it doesnt pulse immob. These can vary from build to build, but it's same for all classes.

@steki.1478 said:

@FyzE.3472 said:I have a question about Weaver. I'm VERY new to the profession and I don't want to create a separate topic just for one question.So here it is:
How does one remove the roots from druids ancient seeds?
As soon as I get in those, I tend to panic and just die because I'm not sure how to properly remove those. So if anyone can answer my question, that would be very appreciated :) Sorry for the off topic as well. I feel like weaver has a little bit of everything. But a little bit.

Use condi cleanse and run away fast, flash away from it, kill it so it doesnt pulse immob. These can vary from build to build, but it's same for all classes.

Thanks a lot. I will try and do that then :)

@steki.1478 said:

@"FyzE.3472" said:I have a question about Weaver. I'm VERY new to the profession and I don't want to create a separate topic just for one question.So here it is:
How does one remove the roots from druids ancient seeds?
As soon as I get in those, I tend to panic and just die because I'm not sure how to properly remove those. So if anyone can answer my question, that would be very appreciated :) Sorry for the off topic as well. I feel like weaver has a little bit of everything. But a little bit.

Shame most of the "leaps" ele has is effected by immob cripal and chills not sure why things like burning speed or burning retreat are effected by such things when other classes movement effects are clears of such things or simply not effected by them.

Ele is lacking a lot and anet realty not giving a good reason why.

I can fully understand the frustration, but after 1700 hours in-game on Warrior/Necro starting at release, Weaver's design is the only thing that really brought me back to GW2. Something that actually takes time to learn, more time to execute, and leaves you with options while still requiring good play is exactly what I'm looking for. The fact that Weaver requires some adapting to your current state and planning for your future state is massive appeal for me.

@Cogbyrn.7283 said:I can fully understand the frustration, but after 1700 hours in-game on Warrior/Necro starting at release, Weaver's design is the only thing that really brought me back to GW2. Something that actually takes time to learn, more time to execute, and leaves you with options while still requiring good play is exactly what I'm looking for. The fact that Weaver requires some adapting to your current state and planning for your future state is massive appeal for me.

I'm with you here. I've tried everything else but weaver is just too fun to play anything else. Lots of options requiring for-thought and counter play.

@ZNICK.8537 said:Funny... some threads say ele sucks and others say it has the highest damage in the game.

Hmm.

I don't care about pve when talking about balance. The people in this thread don't care about pve when talking about balance. You shouldn't care about pve when talking about balance. And lastly, Anet should stop caring about pve when talking about balance, too. The game was a lot more fun (including in pve!) when they didn't.

@Morts.5319 said:As the title says. I played dagger main hand and looked at the skills and thought they would be pretty op if the game was still in vanilla. Unfortunately other class devs didn't design their class to be balanced. They designed the classes to look cool and to be op. For example fire/air dagger 3 skill has to get range to properly hit targets but the charge is too long and doesn't hit anything when a spellbreaker is on your face smashing you for 7-9k crits while you do 3k max.

Welcome the 12 circles of frustration that is being a Revanent.

@starlinvf.1358 said:

@Morts.5319 said:As the title says. I played dagger main hand and looked at the skills and thought they would be pretty op if the game was still in vanilla. Unfortunately other class devs didn't design their class to be balanced. They designed the classes to look cool and to be op. For example fire/air dagger 3 skill has to get range to properly hit targets but the charge is too long and doesn't hit anything when a spellbreaker is on your face smashing you for 7-9k crits while you do 3k max.

Welcome the 12 circles of frustration that is being a Revanent.

Hilariously that's the other profession I play the most. Maybe I'm just a masochist.

Archived