Epidemic in raids needs to be nerfed

I believe epidemic in raids needs to be nerfed. In certain encounters such VG, Sabetha, Desmina, Dhuum CM it just does too much dmg for too low effort. When timed right you can even work around the invulnerability phases of bosses.I suggest capping the amount of stacks of condis you can transfer. 20 stacks of random condis (in total) instead of 25 stacks of each condition would be appropriate for this skill. That way VG wouldnt loose like 7% of his health bar instantly after being vulnerable again.

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and then epibouncing (something the requires 2 necros with similar builds to coordinate and doesn't work everywhere) has the same damage as 2 good eles. i'll wait for anet to give nero a build that isn't as situational and is viable before they nerf epi into the ground.

@derd.6413 said:and then epibouncing (something the requires 2 necros with similar builds to coordinate and doesn't work everywhere) has the same damage as 2 good eles. i'll wait for anet to give nero a build that isn't as situational and is viable before they nerf epi into the ground.Does not need all that much coordination and easier to achieve than well played weavers.Despite that a single utility skin should not amount for such an amount of dmg.

@Malediktus.9250 said:I believe epidemic in raids needs to be nerfed. In certain encounters such VG, Sabetha, Desmina, Dhuum CM it just does too much dmg for too low effort. When timed right you can even work around the invulnerability phases of bosses.I suggest capping the amount of stacks of condis you can transfer. 20 stacks of random condis (in total) instead of 25 stacks of each condition would be appropriate for this skill. That way VG wouldnt loose like 7% of his health bar instantly after being vulnerable again.

yes totally.. a friend join our group Monday raid.. saying.. lets all roll necro group. he played with a group the day before and dps was insane. i said to him. we are not going to go imba its just stupid. sorry i have to use such word. u see those video WORLD record click on it.. full group of necro.. such a shame to even put such video up and called it world record. .. i prefer the video that says daily kill with normal balance composition. epi. need nerf.

@"Vinceman.4572" said:99% of all raid groups aren't stacking necros at VG, Sabetha and Desmina. For Dhuum CM it's a strategy but it requires more than just mass necros to overcome that fight. I doubt that it has to be nerfed only because it was "meta" when executed properly in the tournament.

It was already OP before, I was just too lazy to make a topic about it. Until people discussed this very topic on a teamspeak today. And bouncing one skill is not a valid strategy that should be endorsed by Anet, especially if it makes some supposed to be hard counters like 50% easier. I know for sure that stacking necroes in Dhuum CM has been common for quite a while now, it is just that good now and mediocre necroes outpeform good weavers.

@Conqueror.3682 said:So, you dont want necros in raids.I have nothing against necroes, but this skill is just absurd when there is anything you can use to bounce it around. Anet can buff other parts of necro dps slightly (should still be overall worse than weaver of course since it is more durable and easier rotations) as long as they nerf this garbage.

@Malediktus.9250 said:

@"Vinceman.4572" said:99% of all raid groups aren't stacking necros at VG, Sabetha and Desmina. For Dhuum CM it's a strategy but it requires more than just mass necros to overcome that fight. I doubt that it has to be nerfed only because it was "meta" when executed properly in the tournament.

It was already OP before, I was just too lazy to make a topic about it. Until people discussed this very topic on a teamspeak today. And bouncing one skill is not a valid strategy that should be endorsed by Anet, especially if it makes some supposed to be hard counters like 50% easier. I know for sure that stacking necroes in Dhuum CM has been common for quite a while now, it is just that good now and mediocre necroes outpeform good weavers.

Still nobody plays it to that extension and there is no need to nerf a strategy that was discussed on a random teamspeak, lul. As I said outside of Dhuum CM - which has enough challenge - you don't see stacking necros at all. Maybe once in a while like a trolling lfg.

I'd rather have a complete rework of chrono and druid - and that is truly necessary - to bring more variety into raiding than focussing on balance a niche comp/strategy.

Epi shoudn't be nerfed because it is the counter-point to the fact that necro typically has very bad cleave, and doing so would require a large overhaul that realistically anet isn't going to do. I.e Anet might nerf epi, but they won't add cleave to the other skills, and doing so would probably fuck up wvw/pvp.

Even a dagger typically cleaves 2 targets, but many condi necro attacks are single target. Yes, scourge f5 hits multi targets, but scepter auto, scepter 3, blood is power,dagger 4, even torch 5 (which looks like an aoe), plaque signet, condi transfer such as plague sending, all are single target skills. Necro is literally balanced around the fact that epi is how necro cleaves. If you nerf epi, you need to address many necro abilities which are all single target.

I would theoretically agree...but i have seen so many people fail the epi bounce that I do believe in practice it is not as low effort as it seems.

Plus the idea of epi bounce is an interesting unique playstyle. I would not want to see it gone. Itn is definitely too strong but any change should not remove the condi bounce idea and should give necros a generally viable PvE instance build at the same time.

I did call it now almost a year ago when they nerfed meteor shower than epi would be next. Epidemic is the single highest DPS skill in the game and while it require specific situation to be useful, so did fgs, icebow, tornado and then meteor shower. First it was walls, then it was large hit box, now it is two targets next to each other. In the end there will always be a combination of environment and game skill that has the highest dps.

Giving scourges more overall dps would not really help the situation. There will always be one class that has best dps on small golem, large golem, moving golem and so on. The more special mechanics anet remove and the more equal the different classes become in dps, the more mono culture the class diversity becomes. If scourge do 95% of a weaver to a small golem and identical cc, then why ever bring scourge? why gjve the group a 5% handicap for no reason? And now you got a nice buff to scourge and yet none will bring scourges.

Personally I prefer that they made future raid boss mechanics with specific classes in mind. Maybe add a boss mechanic which require the pulsing boons from a rev?

As a Necro main, I strangely enough would not care at all to remove Epi completely out of the game! Because I feel this one single skill is the main reason why ANet is holding us back in the PvE endgame for so long now. With that one skill gone, they finally can give the Necro (Reaper and Scourge) the buffs or maybe even overhaul it so severely needs!

@Agrippa Oculus.3726 said:As a Necro main, I strangely enough would not care at all to remove Epi completely out of the game! Because I feel this one single skill is the main reason why ANet is holding us back in the PvE endgame for so long now. With that one skill gone, they finally can give the Necro (Reaper and Scourge) the buffs or maybe even overhaul it so severely needs!

Exactly this, epi is the main (only?) reason that necro will always be behind the other classes (solo), which perfectly makes sense balance-wise.

@sigur.9453 said:

@"Agrippa Oculus.3726" said:As a Necro main, I strangely enough would not care at all to remove Epi completely out of the game! Because I feel this one single skill is
the
main reason why ANet is holding us back in the PvE endgame for so long now. With that one skill gone, they finally can give the Necro (Reaper and Scourge) the buffs or maybe even overhaul it so severely needs!

Exactly this, epi is the main (only?) reason that necro will always be behind the other classes (solo), which perfectly makes sense balance-wise.

I don't Think So. If they remove/rework epi. Nothing will come fór a change. Everybody was like"necro have 2hp bars he cannot do much dmg"-> scourge Is here And Its funny.

@Conqueror.3682 said:So, you dont want necros in raids.I have nothing against necroes, but this skill is just absurd when there is anything you can use to bounce it around. Anet can buff other parts of necro dps slightly (should still be overall worse than weaver of course since it is more durable and easier rotations) as long as they nerf this garbage.

Except that anet will not buff dps from necros if they nerf epidemic, this dps increase has been asked for years and expansions and you know that after they nerf epidemic, there will be no compensation for necro dps.

Im all for nerfing epi and epi bouncing ( i dont like to base a class' viability on its ability to cheese content) but there should obv be compensation and buffs to bring reaper and scourge in line.

Also speaking of cheese nerf ele the dmg is silly. Furthermore bring the other classes more in line with mirage, like guard, rev, sb are all left behind its pretty FeelsBadMan.

@Raizel.8175 said:

@Vinceman.4572 said:I'd rather have a complete rework of chrono and druid - and that is truly necessary - to bring more variety into raiding than focussing on balance a niche comp/strategy.

This.

I want ANet to focus on this first and foremost, because it's atrocious game-design.

While you are at it rework firebrand as well and maybe most of the healer. they litterally fart boons and make the game faceroll.

Archived