Even after a few changes here and there, they are still pretty dull. I love that we can right click the chests now to just instantly put them in our inventory now but the rewards themselves are pretty lacking. I'm also fully aware of AFK pip and reward track farming while making these suggestions.
Here are a few things that I think could be changed/tweaked.
- Mist-Warped Packet. These only have 2 mats in them. Seems okay but what about a wider variety in materials inside and say maybe bump it up to 5 in each packet? That or change it as you normally would where you get more of lower tier mats but less of higher tier, meaning 5 of T1 but 2 T6. Ascended materials are always nice, not the dragonite ore, emp fragments, or bloodstone dust though...no more of those, please!
- Final rewards for each reward track a pretty meh. Its mostly mystic clovers and heroics. It would be nice to have something a little more enticing or maybe a way to break down clovers? That might hurt the economy though. The Hero Weapon track just gives a yellow item (thank to whoever made this an item and not just a skin btw, I've been forging them since this track seems the most profitable and has the best chances for ascended boxes). One thing someone talked about before was potentially adding a gift of Maguuma or Desert mastery as the final reward? This would be amazing. Anything that let's us keep playing WvW while working for a legendary would be fantastic. There really are some of us who highly dislike PvE.
- The siege boxes are kind of a nuisance. How about putting just a stack of say 10 normal and 5 superior at the end of the track instead of constantly giving us a few that take up inventory space. That might just be a nit-picking thing but I like my inventory clean as possible so I'm not stuck leaving bags behind. Tomes of knowledge are kind of that way too and can be annoying but leaving them scattered is probably better overall for players trying to level through WvW.
- What about ascended inventory bags earned via reward tracks or maybe a way to craft them? Maybe buy them with skirmish tickets?
- Something more to do with badges of honor would be great too. As in, more things to spend them on or craft with.
I'm sure there are other things that could be added but those are the ones off the top of my head.
While also on the topic of rewards, what about potentially making rank up chests a bit more interesting too? When you hit Diamond, maybe bump it from 30-35s up to just 1g per rank up? Once you hit 6445 rank, its pretty boring until you hit 10,000. No more extra pips each week or anything. Either that or make 10k give the extra boost in gold to give people something to work for.