[Suggestion] Inquest Mark II BL Rifle and Pistols, at the very least, need sound effects reworked

This is not a new pattern, yet a continuous pattern when it comes to every new BL Rifle and Pistol skin, that they all disappointingly fire with the visual effects and the sound effects of an 18th century blunderbuss. Given the advanced tech lore, etc. surrounding the Asura, of all BL Rifles and Pistols, the new Inquest Mark II Rifle and Pistol should not sound like all other Rifles and Pistols in the game.

With that being said in mind, I believe the sound team, Anet, should work a little more with the BL Weapon designers so we can get more relevant sound effects for BL Rifles and Pistols.

The Inquest Mark II Rifle and Pistol should fire off with lasers and laser sound effects like so for the Inquest Mark II Rifle (or similar sound to that exampled)

and like so for the Inquest Mark II Pistol (or similar sound to that exampled)

Thank you for looking into this.

@"Neural.1824" said:Adding laser like or similar sounds to these weapons would diminish the unique sounds of The Predator and H.O.P.E.

I vote no.

I'm speachless..

All of the laser type weapons should have a matching sound effect added to them.Unfortunately, not enough ppl care. Others will be against it because of "reasons".I was tempted to buy a rifle for my Holo but I knew it will be an immersion breaker for me. Waste of money.

I doubt small things like this will ever be fixed.

@Neural.1824 said:Adding laser like or similar sounds to these weapons would diminish the unique sounds of The Predator and H.O.P.E.

I vote no.

Oh, please. So let's encourage Anet never to fix sound irrelevance on Rifles and Pistols that make no sense just because 2 guns in the entire game sound different. Every other Rifle and Pistol in the game, no matter the skin, exception to the rule of The Predator and H.O.P.E are allowed to share the same old sound effects, yet the BL Inquest Mark II Rifle and Pistol cannot have a more 'advanced' sound effect? Yea, that makes a lot of sense.

Look, the only reason I emphasize on the BL Inquest Mark II Rifle and Pistol over other Rifles and Pistols in the game is because they are linked to the Asura race 'known' to have high-tech stuff throughout the game's lore, therefore, it only makes sense to give the BL Inquest Mark II Rifle and Pistol more fitting sound effects.

@Eidolonemesis.5640 said:

@Neural.1824 said:Adding laser like or similar sounds to these weapons would diminish the unique sounds of The Predator and H.O.P.E.

I vote no.

Oh, please. So let's encourage Anet never to fix sound irrelevance on Rifles and Pistols that make no sense just because 2 guns in the entire game sound different. Every other Rifle and Pistol in the game, no matter the skin, exception to the rule of The Predator and H.O.P.E are allowed to share the same old sound effects, yet the BL Inquest Mark II Rifle and Pistol cannot have a more 'advanced' sound effect? Yea, that makes a lot of sense.

Look, the only reason I emphasize on the BL Inquest Mark II Rifle and Pistol over other Rifles and Pistols in the game is because they are linked to the Asura race 'known' to have high-tech stuff throughout the game's lore, therefore, it only makes sense to give the BL Inquest Mark II Rifle and Pistol more fitting sound effects.

One can argue the same about Dark Asuran (CoE), Peacemaker (Asura T3 weapons), and to some extent Glyphic weapons (Asura/Sylvari T1 weapons). They technically fall under the “link to Asura race ‘know’ to have high-tech stuff throughout the games lore”, yet none complained about the lack of SFX of projectiles from these.For this reason, I don’t see the suggestion being implemented. Anet would then have to adjust other weapons for the same reason for the sake of fairness under the Asura tech lore. That’s a lot of adjustments, no?

I vote no.

This is right. There's very few weapons which change the regular effects (specially in sounds) that common weapons have, and would be unfair for people which spent thousands of gold coins (and a huge amount of time) to craft those legendaries to see people getting the same acoustic effects just buying a 60 gold coins skins.

I also vote no.

@Buran.3796 said:

@"Neural.1824" said:Adding laser like or similar sounds to these weapons would diminish the unique sounds of The Predator and H.O.P.E.

I vote no.

This is right. There's very few weapons which change the regular effects (specially in sounds) that common weapons have, and would be unfair for people which spent thousands of gold coins (and a huge amount of time) to craft those legendaries to see people getting the same acoustic effects just buying a 60 gold coins skins.

I also vote no.

Except for the fact players are going to buy Legendaries, anyway, with or without special sounds (as they do other legendary weapon types without special sounds [The Predatory and H.O.P.E by themselves in appearance look awesome enough]) due to their unique look, that and just to be able to say, "Look, everyone, I have something in my possession not just anyone can afford!"

My point is you guys' argument is moot, therefore, yes, Anet should add more relevant sounds to BL Rifles and Pistols only, and if not for all other BL Rifles and Pistols, then at least for the Inquest Mark II Rifle and Pistol since they are both linked to the Asura race known to have high-tech stuff.

Furthermore, encouraging Anet's sound team to make more relevant sounds to fit the designs of BL Rifles and Pistols better also has the potential to make Anet more money on BL Keys for the simple fact the only way to get BL Tickets for BL skins, anyway, is through the Gem Store, and players either buy Gems outright with money or players spend Gold to get the Gems they need.

Either way, Anet will make money, and by that assessment, so will players who sell their BL Rifles and Pistols with relevant sounds to them (if that is truly such a huge factor, as you guys argue).

@Haleydawn.3764 said:

I vote no.

One can argue the same about Dark Asuran (CoE), Peacemaker (Asura T3 weapons), and to some extent Glyphic weapons (Asura/Sylvari T1 weapons). They technically fall under the “link to Asura race ‘know’ to have high-tech stuff throughout the games lore”, yet none complained about the lack of SFX of projectiles from these.For this reason, I don’t see the suggestion being implemented. Anet would then have to adjust other weapons for the same reason for the sake of fairness under the Asura tech lore. That’s a lot of adjustments, no?

Sure, one can argue that, and one should argue that starting now if it has not been argued this way before, because the oversight is an eyesore, and it has been for a while now. It is quite silly to apply the same old song and dance sound effect to every Rifle and Pistol when those sounds make no sense for their design/theme, especially when it comes to the Inquest Mark II weapons, weapons that are gated behind Gems.

Whether or not it would be a lot of adjustment is debatable. I personally do not think so (yet you may think otherwise), since it is not like there is, you know, 50+ Asura-themed weapons, and therefore, any adjustments made can be made over time, not at all once.

@"Eidolonemesis.5640" said:Either way, Anet will make money, and by that assessment, so will players who sell their BL Rifles and Pistols with relevant sounds to them (if that is truly such a huge factor, as you guys argue).

I get your point, which is "I want cool stuff at almost no effort". And yes, ANet would make money, in the short term, from people with no will to spent time in the game, while annoying people which genuinely spent thousand of hours playing the game (which had a larger potential for purchasing more stuff in the future).

See, I have Eternity (Twilight + Sunshine), The Flameseeker Prophecies, The Ascension, Bolt and now I'm ending the PvP legendary armor. Sadly the PvP legendary armor doesn't give the fancy skin that the PvE does, but due I'm not willing to do the effort of "wasting" nights doing PvE raids I find fair to not get acces to that reward.

@Buran.3796 said:

@"Eidolonemesis.5640" said:Either way, Anet will make money, and by that assessment,
so will players
who sell their BL Rifles and Pistols with relevant sounds to them (if that is truly such a huge factor, as you guys argue).

I get your point, which is "I want cool stuff at almost no effort". And yes, ANet would make money, in the short term, from people with no will to spent time in the game, while annoying people which genuinely spent thousand of hours playing the game (which had a larger potential for purchasing more stuff in the future).

See, I have Eternity (Twilight + Sunshine), The Flameseeker Prophecies, The Ascension, Bolt and now I'm ending the PvP legendary armor. Sadly the PvP legendary armor doesn't give the fancy skin that the PvE does, but due I'm not willing to do the effort of "wasting" nights doing PvE raids I find fair to not get acces to that reward.

So the only way to refute the irrefutable I have put on the table in this discussion is to merely assume my argument is I am wanting something for nearly nothing. Think what you will, but you are very wrong, because when I buy weapons, I do not buy them for their sounds. I buy them for their appearance, because despite the Inquest Mark II weapons not having relevant sounds, I still bought them because they looked awesome (to me).

Therefore, just because I created a thread regarding sound irrelevance on two BL guns (in fact, a lot of guns to be technical) linked to a major race in the game, does not mean I am encouraging Anet to rework the sound effects of the Inquest Mark II weapons just to save me and/or other players Gold. I created this thread because, yea, the BL Inquest Mark II guns (among other guns) should not sound like 18th century blunderbusses. It is illogical.

P.S. I have said what I had to say in this discussion to make my points clear to Anet and anyone reading this, and I know arguing anything more against said counterpoints against mine will keep going in the never-ending direction back to square one, not that there is anything more to argue here, anyway, since our views on this issue have been exhausted well enough. I also refuse to argue further with you because you have displayed short-cutting by way of utilizing baseless assumption rather than seeing my feedback as feasible constructive criticism.

I vote no.

Sadly, I gotta agree with this. I wish the Legendaries had another cool thing about them or two so that I wouldn’t have to but yeah - their unique projectiles and sounds is their big deal.

@Oglaf.1074 said:

I vote no.

Sadly, I gotta agree with this. I wish the Legendaries had another cool thing about them or two so that I wouldn’t have to but yeah - their unique projectiles and sounds is their big deal.

Yeah, have to agree, since there are only two gun sounds in the entire universe we simply can't change a few to be a little different. I've often wondered whose idea it was to only create two gun sounds ever?! I mean if we had a few more sounds we could change the high tech looking pistols/rifles to sound a bit more appropriate to their look, but unfortunately with only two gun sounds in the entire universe it just won't work and having unrelated sounds would probably be totally unfair to those buying legendaries anyway.

So, sadly, I too must vote no. :(

@ScribeTheMad.7614 said:

I vote no.

Yeah, have to agree, since there are only two gun sounds in the entire universe we simply can't change a few to be a little different. I've often wondered whose idea it was to only create two gun sounds ever?! I mean if we had a few more sounds we could change the high tech looking pistols/rifles to sound a bit more appropriate to their look, but unfortunately with only two gun sounds in the entire universe it just won't work and having unrelated sounds would probably be totally unfair to those buying legendaries anyway.

So, sadly, I too must vote no. :(

A compromise would be simply keeping the bullet projectile but slightly altering the sound. Like, I’d imagine that an Asuran firearm might still be firing bullets but the mechanism would be more refined. Kind of a magnetic rail system rather than gunpowder (or gunpowder with a mix of magic in it) for a slight more high-tech/sci-fi gunshot sound.

@Buran.3796 said:

I vote no.

I also vote no.

Well SAB rifle (and pistol iirc?) also have different sounds and look at how cheap/easy they are to get. So no, legendary excuse doesn't fly (cost is there for the stat swapping mostly, and a flashy skin)

I actually agree with the OP. It makes no sense for an Asura rifle/pistol that looks technologically advanced to have the same sound as a weapon firing bullets. As was already said, there are other non legendary skins (SAB rifle and pistol, for example) that already are in game that have more high tech sounds. This has nothing to do with the Legendary skins already in the game and would be a great change.

@Eidolonemesis.5640 said:

I vote no.

Sure, one
can
argue that, and one
should
argue that starting now if it has not been argued this way before, because the oversight is an eyesore, and it has been for a while now. It is quite silly to apply the same old song and dance sound effect to every Rifle and Pistol when those sounds make no sense for their design/theme, especially when it comes to the Inquest Mark II weapons, weapons that are gated behind Gems.

Whether or not it would be a lot of adjustment is debatable. I personally do not think so (yet you may think otherwise), since it is not like there is, you know, 50+ Asura-themed weapons, and therefore, any adjustments made can be made over time,
not
at all once.

Seems like they could take the sound effect from the asura cannons and alter the pitch and speed that they play to get an interesting "techy" sound effect with minimal tweaking beyond assigning those sound effects to replace current ones. Legendary weapons are legendary because they alter several things, I don't think anyone who get the really cool model, draw effects, wielded effects, and sound effects would take issue with other guns having a different sound.

I vote no.

Then by your definition, the Ley-Line Pistol and Rifle skins diminish the unique sounds of Predator and H.O.P.E. by simply having their own unique sound. They don't even have projectile effects like the legendary weapons do either, just sounds like that of energy weapons. This is a ridiculous and nonsensical argument.

But wait, there's the S.A.B. pistol and rifle, as other posts have already mentioned. While not "laser" sounding, they too have unique sounds.

And then Velocitas Eradico and Scarlet's Kiss, mentioned by another poster.

I don't think the legendary guns will be diminished due to another BL weapon set getting unique sounds, and this is coming from a player that has Predator, and is working towards H.O.P.E.

@stone cold.8609 said:I actually agree with the OP. It makes no sense for an Asura rifle/pistol that looks technologically advanced to have the same sound as a weapon firing bullets. As was already said, there are other non legendary skins (SAB rifle and pistol, for example) that already are in game that have more high tech sounds. This has nothing to do with the Legendary skins already in the game and would be a great change.

Also, this. I found it odd and slightly disappointing back when I first tried out the Malign Glyphic guns only to find that they sounded like plain guns when they looked like energy weapons. I doubt it would happen, but it'd be nice if they ever changed those to sound more high tech in their firing.

Weapons should sound like they seem to sound. This means a blaster or laser sound for this set would be logical.Legendaries will continue to be the best weapons you can get, no matter if other weapons also sound different. They don't need to be the only ones with a different sound (By that logic, no weapon should look different except Legendaries). Please don't make exclusivity become YET ANOTHER reason to damage immersion.

I agree with OP -- the sounds make no sense and this would be very welcomed change. Of course legendary weapons should always be unique and special. They just need to have two default sounds, a default low-tech and default hi-tech, and update any gun that doesn't look like it uses gunpowder.

Archived