Weaver dmg in PvP

Mladen.6425

Hello all..My first post <3 :)I play elementalist for some time and i really have this doubt...In pve i find it great but in PvP i have some issues...Does anyone notice low dmg output form weaver in PvP ?I also tried for example ranger, and with longBow #2 skill ranger is able to do 15-20k+ dmg in 3 secs with just one click.How much time and effort you need to do 20k dmg with weaver? Or it is just me? :-/

I like weaver A LOT, rotations, survivability, a lot of skills you can use... Really great class... But, i find it so hard to kill other player in PvP.Also, when i play ranger or necromancer, i do 350-500k dmg per match. With weaver i do 150-200k :-/

Any advice and does anyone else have same issue?

You dont even need to go far, fresh air scepter weaver can deal a ton of dmg too.

Sword is a more defensive spec, you can reach high dmg too, but that means you need to build full glass and land all the right skills on melee (which is a lot harder since we dont really have the right tools for that).Try to play sword for what it's good at, evades, heals, power and condi damage. Besides, what's cooler than a mage with a sword ?

@Mladen.6425 said:

@Shooka.9712 said:Besides, what's cooler than a mage with a sword ?Nothing :) Looks great...

Well, i tried FrashAir scepter, but i didn't really like it that time...Maybe i give it another chance, but i really like sword/dagger ...Small dmg burst on sword/dagger would be really great :-/

how are you building sword/dagger ?I dont find sword dmg too low, I just dont think it's a good choice for going full damage because you dont have the defensive/oppresive tools for it.

Alright, both mender and avatar amulets are not going to give you a lot of damage as you have no condi dmg and no ferocity, theyre awesome for defensive purposes and like he says on the video you are really good in 1v1s and holding 1v2s but youre not going to burst people down.

I usually run Sage amulet with either Strength runes and might sigils or Balthazar runes and smoldering sigil, You're still tanky and the condi pressure along with the power is really strong.Another option ive tried lately is celestial with might stacking (2013 much), its a tanky version but has less condi damage.

I wil ltry those runes you mentioned...Also, I tried FA weaver again and works pretty nice now... I play it in open world, to get into skills and get ready for PvP :)Dmg is just great, but i need to work on dodging and def abilities...Takes practice...

• 3 weeks later...

Assuming youre using sword/dagger, the key is to be more deliberate and thoughtful with your abilities. Don't spam attunements and cooldowns when theyre up. setup combos for pyro (air/fire 3).

Dont bother wasting lightning flash with churning earth. Churning earth is a noob trap, its basically a self stun that does less damage other the same amount of time than any other combination of abilities. I use churning earth mainly as a zoning tool or in combination with the weaver elite assuming pyro was on cooldown.

Power builds can fall flat because how much time you spend in evasion frames. Condi builds allow you to dish out damage build also evading. A mixture of both is where i found most of my success.

The intention of Sword/Dagger(or Focus) is constant harassment, I've seen Marshal Amulet Weavers melt down people because of how persistent they are with their aggression. I'd consider practicing sticking to the target and using your #3 skills more often-- they're where most of your condition damage comes from.

@Shooka.9712 said:Alright, both mender and avatar amulets are not going to give you a lot of damage as you have no condi dmg and no ferocity, theyre awesome for defensive purposes and like he says on the video you are really good in 1v1s and holding 1v2s but youre not going to burst people down.

I usually run Sage amulet with either Strength runes and might sigils or Balthazar runes and smoldering sigil, You're still tanky and the condi pressure along with the power is really strong.Another option ive tried lately is celestial with might stacking (2013 much), its a tanky version but has less condi damage.

Your condition damage also comes from Might Stack, & you can reach easily 15/20 thanks to boon duration & blast ;)

@cgMatt.5162 said:

@cgMatt.5162 said:Only problem with blasting fire fields for might is how easily it will get stripped/converted in this meta, especially with how most builds run Annulment Sigil.

what do you mean? like, when enemies remove condition ?Boon removal because might is a boon. All that work to blast combo fields and it's gone.

Yes, indeed...

but i like the idea of constant pressure that weaver does (as someone mentioned above), which is the thing that weaver is hard to win 1 vs 1 :)I once gave up on weaver bcs of low dmg in pvp (that's where from this thread came from), but dont know... still playing it and i hope things will stay like that...

Issue with that is that only works when WE are not pressured, IF we are sooner or later we will have to go into riptide rotations...and enemy will use that time to click on button to fully reset (heal) fight. Realistically it works only when we +1 somebody. I personally think that 1v1'ing to win with sw/d is just pointless. Build that spends half a day killing one dude and being because of that +1 by thief 1000xtimes just can't be called 1v1 spec.

Thief is the typical +1 player due to their mobility. They can go where 1v1 comes to stale and kill enemy, and its quite easy to do if thief is not the one being pressured. A good thief with good awareness can control the map dramatically.

Unfortunately while sword weaver is good at surviving pressure in water and earth, they have a relatively long wind up time to return to damage due to skill combination and attunement CD. This means enemy can also heal themselves up when weaver is at downtime. You need to pick your targets carefully and put enough pressure so that opponent can't return the favor, as seen in many fights in Cello's video.

Archived