Need a Suggestion for WvW - Profession (Power Build)

Hello everyone,I'm playing GW2 for about 2-3 months now and I would like to test something else in this game.

Currently I am playing Mesmer (condi mirage) and it's pretty fun.Just, I would like to play a profession that's good in WvW with a power build, because I wanna keep playing mirage as my condi profession.

Is there anything fun you could suggest me to give it a try?And if so, is it okay to play it with Exotic equipment?And if so, is the Berserker's equipment the right equipment?

I'd like to play ranged/semi-ranged build (if possible).

Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

P.S.if that profession's power build would be viable in open world events, please note that too. Thanks!I just wanna try something else. ^^

For full berserker power builds, Herald or Renegade and Spellbreaker would be the best choices when considering running with the zerg. The fact that you would like ranged, would then eliminate SB, as that is a melee build. Herald and Renegade use Hammer as a ranged weapon and do massive damage from the backline. All 3 are also great choices for open world PvE.

You can use exotics, but I would suggest working towards ascended weapons and trinkets as you can. Ascended armor would be last priority. You can also use some Marauders gear in place of berserkers gear for slightly less damage but quite a bit of survivability until you get better and learn to survive. Durability runes are also a good choice in place of more damage oriented runes.

As far as for roaming, I'm not really qualified to give good feedback for power damage build, but I would think Thief, Ranger and Mesmer could be build fairly glassy and do well.

Hope this helps and welcome to GW2 WvW!

@MachineManXX.9746 said:For full berserker power builds, Herald or Renegade and Spellbreaker would be the best choices when considering running with the zerg. The fact that you would like ranged, would then eliminate SB, as that is a melee build. Herald and Renegade use Hammer as a ranged weapon and do massive damage from the backline. All 3 are also great choices for open world PvE.

You can use exotics, but I would suggest working towards ascended weapons and trinkets as you can. Ascended armor would be last priority. You can also use some Marauders gear in place of berserkers gear for slightly less damage but quite a bit of survivability until you get better and learn to survive. Durability runes are also a good choice in place of more damage oriented runes.

As far as for roaming, I'm not really qualified to give good feedback for power damage build, but I would think Thief, Ranger and Mesmer could be build fairly glassy and do well.

Thanks for your answer.Im somehow not a fan of heavy armor professions. Idk, simply not my style.Do you have any opinions about medium armor profession? Meaning Thief, Ranger or Engineer.Thanks

@grabowac.7915 said:

@MachineManXX.9746 said:For full berserker power builds, Herald or Renegade and Spellbreaker would be the best choices when considering running with the zerg. The fact that you would like ranged, would then eliminate SB, as that is a melee build. Herald and Renegade use Hammer as a ranged weapon and do massive damage from the backline. All 3 are also great choices for open world PvE.

Thanks for your answer.Im somehow not a fan of heavy armor professions. Idk, simply not my style.Do you have any opinions about medium armor profession? Meaning Thief, Ranger or Engineer.Thanks

Thief and Ranger both are very strong solo roaming and in small groups. They aren't always wanted in a larger zerg though. Engineer falls in the same category I believe.

You can go with a glassy Elementalist to run with the zerg but it will come with a very steep learning curve.

Also, I would not get too caught up with an armor type having a distinct play style. Warrior generally plays as you would think of a typical heavy, but Rev and Guard not necessarily.

Zerging class? Roaming class? Small scale havoc groups? Depends. Holosmith is great zerg class, thief too, albeit those two classes cant get in zergs.Power scourge is a thing in blobs. Big dmg. Not good at roaming.Power herald. Always welcomed in zergs. Not really great at roaming.Zerk Weaver in zergs, huge dmg. Also great as a roamer, with different stat combos tho.

Archived