Power Reaper: OH Warhorn or Focus

Oberwaldmeister.8239

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

they both have 1 good skill and 1 meh skill. The unblockable stun from wh makes it better than focus imo since it can hit more than 1 person, the locust swam is take or leave, other classes have mobility skills that let them ignore the cripple and that swiftness won't help you get away from them either because they also have swiftness, or they have mobility skills. The boon rip from focus is nice in a 1v1, in anything else, it falls off, and the reaper's scythe is worse than locust swam imo due to bouncing.

I think WH is better. I wish Swarm was a little more relevant. If it was insta-cast, maybe it'd be usable but you really only use it to move between nodes. The daze is just so good from #4 on WH. You can stop rezzes and stomps and it is AoE and is unblockable. It can be truly game-changing when used right. Focus isn't terrible but it doesn't have the ability to really swing a pivotal fight like WH #4 can.

Ikr WH #4 is really good but I have problems with its casting-direction aswell as GS #5. Maybe im lagging ingame but it happens very often that these 2 skills have a delay for me. And sometimes GS #5 doesnt even do smth - targeted foe in front of me -> cast -> nothing happens.I thought focus might be good because of more chill thus more vulnerability and more dmg.

focus for single targets/roaming

warhorn for anything bigger than that. warhorn 5 is just gold IF you ever have to dive into more than one enemy. it helps keeping up that shroud.

but tbh. its a personal preference. so if you can make good use of focus, because it fits your playstyle, its a very good weapon (focus can actually pressure/kill someone. wahrhorn can't - warhorn 4 maybe-ish)

Unless the rework reapers touch warhorn is always going to be the better of the 2 options imo.That said focus is ok ish for 1v1 situations and can pull out some surprising damage (if you get lucky enough to land a close range reapers touch or a spinal shiver your foe has 3+ boons.

Warhorn will still get you more for the investment of the weapon slot through.

Warhorn, especially if already running CoD in Spite.

I generally prefer OH dagger in this meta, though. An extra cleanse and being able to transfer a scourge bomb to someone else while still getting the benefits of focus by running CoD is pretty amazing. Most things in the FoTM cheeser status have a lot of innate stability as well, making the gains from warhorn harder to place.

@Methuselah.4376 said:

@Methuselah.4376 said:Actually, Reaper's Touch can deal a lot of damage...if its pathing doesn't mess up

Which it does 99,9% of the times i use it

I find it best to be within 600 range. Sometimes, I think, when used on a target that's 1200 away it does not home in as it should.The bouncing scythes have only a 600 range. That's just not mentioned in the tooltip - nevertheless a pretty odd skill design.

edit:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Reaper%27s_TouchAfter each hit, the projectile bounces to the closest available target (hostile or friendly) within 600 range. It is possible to have all the subsequent bounces ricochet between you and/or your allies. If no target is within range, the projectile stops.

@KrHome.1920 said:

@Methuselah.4376 said:Actually, Reaper's Touch can deal a lot of damage...if its pathing doesn't mess up

I find it best to be within 600 range. Sometimes, I think, when used on a target that's 1200 away it does not home in as it should.The bouncing scythes have only a 600 range. That's just not mentioned in the tooltip - nevertheless a pretty odd skill design.

edit:
After each hit, the projectile bounces to the closest available target (hostile or friendly) within 600 range. It is possible to have all the subsequent bounces ricochet between you and/or your allies. If no target is within range, the projectile stops.

The bounces yes, but the initial hit can be technically done from 1200 range

@Methuselah.4376 said:

edit:
After each hit, the projectile bounces to the closest available target (hostile or friendly) within 600 range. It is possible to have all the subsequent bounces ricochet between you and/or your allies. If no target is within range, the projectile stops.

The bounces yes, but the initial hit can be technically done from 1200 rangeI never denied that.

Archived