Broken Rune Sets: Are They Worth?

KROW.2673

Been working on perfecting my Power Reaper for a long time now, and I think I'm getting close. My big question is this: how 'important' is Scholar or Scrapper's 6 set Passive? Is 7% damage mitigation worth it, and since I'm not running any form of lifesteal is the 10% additional damage above 90% health worth it as well? My OCD makes it hard for me to go with a broken set, but at the same time it seems smart. What do you guys think? Oh and, Trait lines and Utilities and Weapons are not on the table lol I like them so they stay. Just more curious about the broken rune sets thing.

@Okami.7049 said:Been working on perfecting my Power Reaper for a long time now, and I think I'm getting close. My big question is this: how 'important' is Scholar or Scrapper's 6 set Passive? Is 7% damage mitigation worth it, and since I'm not running any form of lifesteal is the 10% additional damage above 90% health worth it as well? My OCD makes it hard for me to go with a broken set, but at the same time it seems smart. What do you guys think? Oh and, Trait lines and Utilities and Weapons are not on the table lol I like them so they stay. Just more curious about the broken rune sets thing.

Damage is better than damage mitigation, you can survive better if you kill foes fast enough.If you like Vitality you can try Superior Rune of the Wurm in your build, otherwise take the last Scholar rune.

I didn't think about the Wurm Rune, good call. Would you say breaching 3k Power is too much? Or would you value Ferocity over Power? I went Health because I'm running Decimate Defenses so I don't need high Precision and high Toughness makes you a prime target for mobs and bosses. I'm mainly running Corruptor's Fervor for the reduced incoming Condi Damage, though the added Toughness I guess helps a little with the larger health pool when it comes to survivability. My only concern with slotting the last spot with the Scholar Rune is not really having much sustain to keep myself above that 90% health threshold requirement. Or would it be best to think of it as a 'burst' rune set?

Archived