Moto needs to take the Consortium up on their offer. — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Moto needs to take the Consortium up on their offer.

An Super Adventure Box in every home in Tyria!

Let’s face it - SAB was meant to be a returning thing with new world(s) each time until we got to rescue the Princess. Sadly, this will never happen as per Anet’s own words. As such, I don’t really think the content that currently is there should be limited to the festival formula.

Personally I would not mind paying a couple of hundred Gems to unlock a SAB home console for my home instance to be able to access the hub area of SAB whenever. How about you?

Please Anet give us a hide Chest Armour-option. Tattoo-clad Norns everywhere beg of you.

Comments

  • Endless Soul.5178Endless Soul.5178 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 19, 2018

    Refresh my memory, what was the Consortium's offer? I didn't stick around for the NPC dialog this year, and always just rushed right into the box.

    EDIT: Nevermind, my eyes went right past the italicized portion. Oops!

    Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Bekka | Akee | Feyyt | Nuumy | Tylee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Sixx | Claara | Conii | Jymm | Synn

    Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade but your soul is endless

  • Oglaf.1074Oglaf.1074 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Endless Soul.5178 said:
    Refresh my memory, what was the Consortium's offer? I didn't stick around for the NPC dialog this year, and always just rushed right into the box.

    EDIT: Nevermind, my eyes went right past the italicized portion. Oops!

    I’m retrospect perhaps I should’ve put it in quotation marks.

    Please Anet give us a hide Chest Armour-option. Tattoo-clad Norns everywhere beg of you.

  • Well, ANET needs events so that players are enticed to play. The "limited time only" marketing tactic brings more users who don't want to miss it.

  • Or, an even better idea, Moto starts a kickstarter for a physical release of SAB that is fully expanded on

  • Ardenwolfe.8590Ardenwolfe.8590 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I'm not opposed to the idea if players are willing to accept that no further World # updates are coming. If that's the case, seems a little silly to add an unfinished product to the home instance.

    But . . . if players want it? Sure.

    No longer posting or playing.

  • MarshallLaw.9260MarshallLaw.9260 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Oglaf.1074 said:
    Personally I would not mind paying a couple of hundred Gems to unlock a SAB home console for my home instance

    ...not mind paying a couple of hundred Gems to unlock a SAB home console for my home...

    ...paying a couple of hundred Gems to unlock a SAB ...

    ...a couple of hundred Gems ...

    Yeah, good one.

    Compare it to anything else currently possible in a home instance and content-wise this should be sold at 15k gems minimum. This is just a repeat of the mount skin story.
    Before mount skins - players: "I'l pay anything for mount skins"
    After mount skins - players: "oh I meant like 5 gems per skin, this is too expensive ANet!!!"

    Psst, wanna hear a good joke?

    a couple of hundred Gems to unlock a SAB home console for my home

  • Oglaf.1074Oglaf.1074 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @White Kitsunee.4620 said:
    Or, an even better idea, Moto starts a kickstarter for a physical release of SAB that is fully expanded on

    How do you intend for that to work when the devs have repeatedly said they won’t do it?

    Please Anet give us a hide Chest Armour-option. Tattoo-clad Norns everywhere beg of you.

  • @Oglaf.1074 said:

    @White Kitsunee.4620 said:
    Or, an even better idea, Moto starts a kickstarter for a physical release of SAB that is fully expanded on

    How do you intend for that to work when the devs have repeatedly said they won’t do it?

    They wont do it becuase of that much time and money going into a free festival thats not going to generate much if any revenue. But given fan support and the abillity to sell copies provides much more revune, hype, and makes alot of sense.

    Just think about it, going to your local gamestop or whatever actually buying the super adventure box that comes with acess to a fully fleshed out sab, complete with a level editer, providing infinite fan content, a cd to download the sab and maybe some exclusive skins or something.

  • @Oglaf.1074 said:
    Let’s face it - SAB was meant to be a returning thing with new world(s) each time until we got to rescue the Princess.

    Sorry, no, that's not true. At best we can say that SAB's creator hoped to make that happen.

    • The first year was an April Fool's, perhaps one of the best.
    • Some people became huge fans of the console-game-within-the-MMO-game and ANet brought it back once.
    • SAB's primary (and largely sole) developer had a reach longer than his grasp and envisioned four worlds and created a lobby with that in mind.
    • As commitments and plans changed, ANet (as an entity) realized it was difficult-enough to maintain SAB as a festival and put the kibosh on throwing sufficient resources at the project to support future worlds.

    None of this is new.
    Maybe ANet will find time to work on this, along with the dozens of other projects many of us want them to work on (see also threads about new races, new professions, swapping races, swapping professions, going to Cantha, underwater combat, etc). More likely: they already have a good idea of what makes GW2 a compelling game for the community and what they can (or can't) realistically pull off.


    buying the super adventure box that comes with acess to a fully fleshed out sab, complete with a level editer, providing infinite fan content, a cd to download the sab and maybe some exclusive skins or something.

    Do you really think that SAB is going to generate enough box sales to compete with other console games? How many devs will ANet have to assign to the project for how long to create enough content to generate those sales? How much ongoing support will it take?

    "Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

  • Oglaf.1074Oglaf.1074 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

    @Oglaf.1074 said:
    Let’s face it - SAB was meant to be a returning thing with new world(s) each time until we got to rescue the Princess.

    Sorry, no, that's not true. At best we can say that SAB's creator hoped to make that happen.

    • The first year was an April Fool's, perhaps one of the best.
    • Some people became huge fans of the console-game-within-the-MMO-game and ANet brought it back once.
    • SAB's primary (and largely sole) developer had a reach longer than his grasp and envisioned four worlds and created a lobby with that in mind.
    • As commitments and plans changed, ANet (as an entity) realized it was difficult-enough to maintain SAB as a festival and put the kibosh on throwing sufficient resources at the project to support future worlds.

    None of this is new.
    Maybe ANet will find time to work on this, along with the dozens of other projects many of us want them to work on (see also threads about new races, new professions, swapping races, swapping professions, going to Cantha, underwater combat, etc). More likely: they already have a good idea of what makes GW2 a compelling game for the community and what they can (or can't) realistically pull off.


    buying the super adventure box that comes with acess to a fully fleshed out sab, complete with a level editer, providing infinite fan content, a cd to download the sab and maybe some exclusive skins or something.

    Do you really think that SAB is going to generate enough box sales to compete with other console games? How many devs will ANet have to assign to the project for how long to create enough content to generate those sales? How much ongoing support will it take?

    No, they’re not going to “find time to work on it”. SAB is abandoned like dungeons. Direct quote saying so and everything.

    Please Anet give us a hide Chest Armour-option. Tattoo-clad Norns everywhere beg of you.

  • MarshallLaw.9260MarshallLaw.9260 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @White Kitsunee.4620 said:

    @Oglaf.1074 said:

    @White Kitsunee.4620 said:
    Or, an even better idea, Moto starts a kickstarter for a physical release of SAB that is fully expanded on

    How do you intend for that to work when the devs have repeatedly said they won’t do it?

    They wont do it becuase of that much time and money going into a free festival thats not going to generate much if any revenue. But given fan support and the abillity to sell copies provides much more revune, hype, and makes alot of sense.

    Just think about it, going to your local gamestop or whatever actually buying the super adventure box that comes with acess to a fully fleshed out sab, complete with a level editer, providing infinite fan content, a cd to download the sab and maybe some exclusive skins or something.

    Well that certainly seems ambitious. What you're describing is an entire game larger than any instance/dungeon/fractal (possibly even raid?) Logically ANet should just sell the rights for SAB to someone else or have an additional team created to take over and continue.

    Of course they would only be able to sell this if there was sufficient demand and a keen buyer and in all honesty, apart from a small, die-hard fan base, I can't see this being a profitable venture. Yes, the threads for "more SAB" keep popping up, but it's still the same 20-30 people from forums. Extrapolate that and we have a total dedicated fanbase of what? 500 people max? Perhaps if each one of those 500 put forward 200$ they could scrape together enough to go somewhere with this idea.
    As far as GW2 is concerned, people are not going to be enticed into buying POF or HOT because they see that SAB is a game feature so really the whole " SAB will make more money for ANet" isn't realistic at all.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.