When can we expect better guild support?

Guild events need an overhaul.Right now we have the following events for PVE(which seems to be the easiest content to complete with the mega-server.) We have 3 Puzzles, 6 Challenges, 7 Races, 18 possible bounty targets, And about 178 Trek locations.
All of this content was introduced five years ago with no new content since, and in a perfect world, with no repeating events, it would only take a guild 7 weeks to see all of this content cycle through. Im not asking for much, but if we could just get some new things to do with our guild, and maybe some new items in the Commendation trader to go with it all, it would really help.

Since I'm posting about this stuff anyway, I have a suggestion for a Guild mission: Battle on the Breachmaker. Scarlet has been one of my favorite characters since her introduction, and I still rave about how amazing she and her events were to our guildies who weren't around for it. The chance to have them watch old LA fall, run a few champs building up some power, then ascending the breachmaker to fight her would be awesome. Not to mention how well the Twisted Marionette would work as a Guild Challenge.

Although I agree that any guild update would be a good one, im not very confident anything would happen soon. There have been thousands of posts for idea's on new missions, upgrades, decorations, npcs, suggested changes etc. But no updates..I really hope they would spend some time soon to update this part of the game..

I dont think it needs an overhaul, just continued devlopment. Im not in a guild right now, but any of these suggestions would be welcomed. More tower defence stuff, more horde modes...frankly any additions at this stage is better than nothing. Even if it is only an annual guild update

@Kallist.5917 said:Guild events need an overhaul.Right now we have the following events for PVE(which seems to be the easiest content to complete with the mega-server.) We have 3 Puzzles, 6 Challenges, 7 Races, 18 possible bounty targets, And about 178 Trek locations.

All of this content was introduced five years ago with no new content since, and in a perfect world, with no repeating events, it would only take a guild 7 weeks to see all of this content cycle through. Im not asking for much, but if we could just get some new things to do with our guild, and maybe some new items in the Commendation trader to go with it all, it would really help.

What makes things even worse is this world seems to be specially imperfect. In the last 2 years of doing Guild Bounties EVERY SINGLE WEEKEND, my Guild has confronted Poobadoo 95% of the time. Most of us even wait on Kessex Hills before the bounty is cheked, we are so sure it is going to be Poobadoo again. I'm sure we have never seen Michiele, Ander, Brooke, Trillia or the Shaman Arderus. It is ALWAYS Poobadoo, with a few sprinkles of 2-Mult and the occasional Bwikki. Seriously, I'm one of the strongest defenders of the neutral nature of RNG, I truly don't believe in good or bad luck. But this? This RNG is broken. Has to be broken. Poobadoo all the time is NOT POSSIBLE.

@Ardid.7203 said:

@Kallist.5917 said:Guild events need an overhaul.Right now we have the following events for PVE(which seems to be the easiest content to complete with the mega-server.) We have 3 Puzzles, 6 Challenges, 7 Races, 18 possible bounty targets, And about 178 Trek locations.

All of this content was introduced five years ago with no new content since, and
in a perfect world, with no repeating events
, it would only take a guild 7 weeks to see all of this content cycle through. Im not asking for much, but if we could just get some new things to do with our guild, and maybe some new items in the Commendation trader to go with it all, it would really help.

What makes things even worse is this world seems to be specially imperfect. In the last 2 years of doing Guild Bounties EVERY SINGLE WEEKEND, my Guild has confronted Poobadoo 95% of the time. Most of us even wait on Kessex Hills before the bounty is cheked, we are so sure it is going to be Poobadoo again. I'm sure we have never seen Michiele, Ander, Brooke, Trillia or the Shaman Arderus. It is ALWAYS Poobadoo, with a few sprinkles of 2-Mult and the occasional Bwikki. Seriously, I'm one of the strongest defenders of the neutral nature of RNG, I truly don't believe in good or bad luck. But this? This RNG is broken. Has to be broken. Poobadoo all the time is NOT POSSIBLE.

If memory serves, the bounty target you get depends on the difficulty level you are doing. Some of the bounty targets you will never see unless you do the largest multi bounty challenges.

I could be wrong, but I thought that was how they did it with the rework

I'm afraid guild related content all along with the guild halls are orphaned content at this point. ANet tried to make it work but it's difficult. Make it easy and the rewards hardly worth the effort(status quo) and noone bothers, make it challenging and the rewards worthwhile a rather vocal part of the community rears its head and fills the forum with "small guilds left out of the picture" or "what if I don't want to be in a guild" threads.

Whooo Having Season 1 stuff as guild missions would be AMAZING!!

@"lokh.2695" said:I'm afraid guild related content all along with the guild halls are orphaned content at this point. ANet tried to make it work but it's difficult. Make it easy and the rewards hardly worth the effort(status qou) and noone bothers, make it challenging and the rewards worthwhile a rather vocal part of the community rears its head and fills the forum with "small guilds left out of the picture" or "what if I don't want to be in a guild" threads.Well, people that don't want to be a guild, can't really complain, can they..And when i think small guilds, i go and look at Warframe, and how great it is to be in a "guild" there... Everything scales, to the point that there's times when people actively downscale their guilds to have lesser requirements for some stuff... My clan there is like 6-8 guys and we have everything unlocked with ease, while in GW2 those same numbers would require grind upon grind.There's solutions for everything, but Arena Net left the guild part of their game in GW1.

@Ardid.7203 said:

All of this content was introduced five years ago with no new content since, and
in a perfect world, with no repeating events
, it would only take a guild 7 weeks to see all of this content cycle through. Im not asking for much, but if we could just get some new things to do with our guild, and maybe some new items in the Commendation trader to go with it all, it would really help.

There are two factors in place (and to address the main subject, this has been different and changed over time). When you do a single person bounty, you get an easy one. AFAIK, this is poobadoo, Trilia or brekkabek. I personally do about three easy bounties per week to level up several guild and seems to have mostly Trillia, then brekkabek and least of them Poobadoo. So there is Rng envolved.

I think the main issue is that making guild content is difficult. It requires a lot of coding and specialized development skills. So the amount of effort envolved is higher then other content. But I do think that guilds are the backbone of the community and therefor of the game. So it would be good to hire some more expertise. Maybe at first they are occupied with he wvw structure (and what it means for guilds), but after that they can concentrate on scripting new guild mission formats and make it more fun for guilds of all sizes.

Since launch they've overhauled the way missions are selected once, added Guild Halls (2 for HoT, 1 for PoF) and added scribing. But otherwise, there hasn't seemed to be much focus for guilds which is surprising considering it's the first word in the games title.

One relatively simple thing I'd like to see changed is the items offered for sale by the Guild Trader NPC. At the very least, I'd like to see the Limit of 3 purchases per day be removed or replaced by a significantly higher cap. Considering that you can earn 12 to 15 Guild Commendations per week, but due to the random selection there may be no items or only 1 item available that you actually want to buy within a multiple week span, it leads to a situation where you can never spend your commendations as fast as you earn them (assuming you help your guild complete several missions every week).

In addition, a refresh to the list of items offered by the Guild Trader NPC would be nice. Don't remove anything currently offered, but possibly add some new options to spend them on.

Also, other uses for Shimmering Crystals / Tenebrous Crystals that aren't buried behind recipes that need Crystalline Ore to unlock them would be greatly appreciated.

@Kalendraf.9521 said:Since launch they've overhauled the way missions are selected once, added Guild Halls (2 for HoT, 1 for PoF) and added scribing. But otherwise, there hasn't seemed to be much focus for guilds which is surprising considering it's the first word in the games title.

One relatively simple thing I'd like to see changed is the items offered for sale by the Guild Trader NPC. At the very least, I'd like to see the Limit of 3 purchases per day be removed or replaced by a significantly higher cap. Considering that you can earn 12 to 15 Guild Commendations per week, but due to the random selection there may be no items or only 1 item available that you actually want to buy within a multiple week span, it leads to a situation where you can never spend your commendations as fast as you earn them (assuming you help your guild complete several missions every week).

In addition, a refresh to the list of items offered by the Guild Trader NPC would be nice. Don't remove anything currently offered, but possibly add some new options to spend them on.

Also, other uses for Shimmering Crystals / Tenebrous Crystals that aren't buried behind recipes that need Crystalline Ore to unlock them would be greatly appreciated.

I agree on more uses of the crystals and a new refresh list.I also want something to use the aetherium for when the guild is finished. The mining rate upgrade were one of the last ones we did (the ley-line infused tools are just hopeless..).

Also a Bartholemew Kangas kind of guy as an npc to the guildhall offering stuff for favor is something that needs to be added to the hall..

I would like to see new stuff introduced. The current line up has gotten stale. I realize it cannot include HoT or PoF areas due to some not owning it. But even the wvw missions are hard to do with everyone on another server. Smaller guilds need puzzles and bounties that are rewarding and doable. And I know, we can always recruit, but most everyone has a guild now and it's gotten harder to get and keep people or people take a break. The puzzles and races need some rework to allow smaller guilds a way to level up. Just my 2 cents

Didn't ANET disband their guild team.. so unlikely anything is in the pipeline at this point in time.. or anytime thereafter.

I agree Guilds are the worst handled I have seen in any MMO iv'e played in last 15 years, which is a real shame.Guild size should make a difference to the mix of missions, bounties etc and it most definitely should of had an effect on guild hall costs/upgrades but that I just put down to the fact it was just a rushed through piece of content with little to no vision on how to make it work across all guilds and where it could be taken in the future.Guilds /guild halls /scribing just became an excuse for a major goldsink, which kills interest very quickly for those in smaller guilds.

The Guild Content definetely needs another overhaul and in the end more new content that should be added via the next Expansion.

1.) Add the classical Guild Hall Map Theme to the game of "Tropical Island" from GW1 together with various other IslandThemes, like Desert Island, Snowy Forest Island, Volcano Island ect. cause the current Guild Hall Maps are all so ugly and unfitting and are absolutely not what suits to a Guild Hideout in style in my opinion. There was GW1 with its various Island Themes much better.2.) Make Guild Hall Upgrade Costs based on the amount of Guild Members and make donating Materials to the Guild rewardign to the seperate players who donate required Materials, so that players will want to help their Guild and donate stuff. A Guild member based Cost System makes the whole Guild System much fairer for also small Guilds. Guild Halls shouldnt be just only a feasible feature for big to huge guilds. They need to be a feature for all Guilds regardless of their member sizes3.) Expand the Features of what a Guild Hall offers for features. Currently the Guild Level stops at 69, because theres not enouch content after that Level to further gain Exp for your Guild to raise its Level further... looks silly when you are like half way to Guild Level 70 with your Guild and there exists nothing anymore to finish that Level.4.) There should be added new guild Content to reach with Guilds exactly Guild Level 100, from then on Guilds should also use the "Mastery" System and Guild Masters should be able to learn Guild Masteries which reqwuire from that point on then no Materials anymore, but Influence instead of Exp, so that Influence can return with some useful aspect to it, but with a different way of obtaining it, without forcing players to have to flag for the Guild to earn it, like how it was used to be initially, before anet stopped it that we earn influence5.) Guild Halls should become upgradeable as part of the Guild Masteries, increasing this way the Guild Member Size, upgrading Guild Halls into Guild Castles, then Guild Fortresses and lastly into Guild Villages to Guild Towns, which should affect also the size of the Guild Map, unlocking new explorable areals of the Guild Map to get this way access to new Guild Features, once you reached the required Guild Level or learned the neccessary Guild Mastery for them.6.) Current Guild Features:

• Scribing
  • Guild Decorations
  • Guild Tavern /Guild Buff Potions / Music Changer
  • Guild Weapon & Armor Sets
  • Access to various Vendor NPCs like Minipet Vendor
  • Guild Chest
  • Guild Missions
  • Free Material Nodes
  • Guild Arena for PvP
  • WvW based Items/Buffs ( Banners, Siege, Claim Buffs)
  • WP Cost Reduction
  • Increased Movement Speed in GH/Towns

7) New possible Features to add:

• War Centrum - new location based on Guild Crusades, new special Guild Raids so to say which are instanced new Raids made only for Guilds that can be started and played only by Guild Members of the same Guild, or allied Members from Guild Alliances
  • Guild Alliance Meeting Hall - A new location based on Guild Alliances, which allows it Guild Members from other allied Guilds to travel quickly to your Guild Hall and which enables you guild to have more and more Alliances with other Guilds, affects also WvW in cooperation with your allied Guilds through unique Ally Buffs when you work together with allied Guilds in WvW.
  • Expansion of Arena Decorations /Themes - not only Turrets and Traps, but also adding possible of "Creatures" and simulated "Weather Effects" that can affect the battles and also exchangeable "Field Themes" for combat locations, which can eventually have preset weather effects active, like simulating some kind of Snow Tundra place, where snowstorms are regularly happening.
  • Expansion of the already existing Features - Upgrades of Materials from the Material Nodes or like an overhaul of the Buff Potions to make them more useful and interesting, like adding more unique Guild Buffs similar to increased movement speed and Wp Cost reduction, like for example a Craftign Material Cost Reduction, or an Increased Crafting Exp Boost, adding a Boost to Gathering so that you can gather more oftenly, or gain more Materials as Guild Bonus from gathering, or have as Guild Bonus a higher chance of obtaining rarer materials from gathering.
  • Add new Guild based Crafting Jobs - aside of Scribing, for example Artificer/Architect, as Crafting Job for Player Housing, turning this way Guild Decorations into Housing Decorations for Player Housing, or Gardener to plant your own Herbs, Fruits, Treees and all that stuff via Seeds you craft from gathered plant materials, which you can plant into the Guild Garden, or Painter, allowing you to craft all kinds of Dyes, including those that you could gaind normally only from Gemstore for high costign rare to gain recipes, including new special dye types, that only Painters can craft and are in no other way receiveable, than through this new Craftign Job, Dyes that have some special effects, Weapon Dyes, making finally weapons dyeable to some certain extent as much as possible,

Guild Content still has alot of potential to be made better and be expanded. Hopefully Anet sees this so too as well and does't be at the opinion, that they have done already everythign with Guilds via HoT and dont need to do anythign mroe with Guilds from that point on anymore, cause then id have to heavily disagree, as you can see, how much more could be possibly done with guilds and I haven't even spoken yet about, what could be possibly done all with Guild Masteries.

@Cronospere.8143 said:

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:Didn't ANET disband their guild team.. so unlikely anything is in the pipeline at this point in time.. or anytime thereafter.

They did. Now the chairs update is finished and they also have a current events team. Some of those can take a little time into guilds, don't you think? Even if its for 1 big update..

Irrelevant what you or I or anyone here thinks.. its down to what ANET think or more importantly what the bean counters back at base.

Unfortunately, I think the answer to "when we can expect better guild support?" is "never".

Guild Halls were a major feature of HoT and they added no new content for guilds then, when asked whether we'd see new PvE guild missions with HoT in one of the AMAs the answer they gave was "not at launch". HoT came and went with nothing added so it should be fairly apparent that they have no plans to add anything new.

Archived