World restructuring and fight voice communication ergo Team Speak

Connla Dda.9407

Does Arena Net have taken into consideration creating ingame voice communicator? ATM all servers are using Team Speak. And every server has its own TS. After world restructuring using "old server" TS will not be available due to all current community will be spread all over the new generated worlds. How does the blob fights will be possible without TS? So my question as mentioned before about ingame voice communicator?

@"Ayrilana.1396" said:TS is a QoL feature but not a necessity for WvW. They’re making WvW more guild oriented so it would be on the guilds to host their own TS servers.

About the guild TS servers it is obvious. But my concern is about blob fights, when "celebrity commanders" tag up, and creates massive queue to the border they tagged up. How to manage TS for all those pugs? I do not think guilds will give logins and passwords to their own TS. There must be some solution worked over?

@Connla Dda.9407 said:

@"Ayrilana.1396" said:TS is a QoL feature but not a necessity for WvW. They’re making WvW more guild oriented so it would be on the guilds to host their own TS servers.

About the guild TS servers it is obvious. But my concern is about blob fights, when "celebrity commanders" tag up, and creates massive queue to the border they tagged up. How to manage TS for all those pugs? I do not think guilds will give logins and passwords to their own TS. There must be some solution worked over?

You don’t need TS for blob fights although that doesn’t mean that it’s not helpful. Even if no TS somehow discouraged blob fights, based on posts that I have seen on the forums, not many would be broken up about it.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:TS is a QoL feature but not a necessity for WvW. They’re making WvW more guild oriented so it would be on the guilds to host their own TS servers.

You don’t need TS for blob fights although that doesn’t mean that it’s not helpful. Even if no TS somehow discouraged blob fights, based on posts that I have seen on the forums, not many would be broken up about it.

To fight effectively and coordinate bomb you need to have TS in blob fights. It is maybe not needed for skirmishers running on sides of blob, but for core of the blob it is really needed. As i said to bomb, heal, clean condi and so on. Not mention the movement. It is essential.

@Connla Dda.9407 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:TS is a QoL feature but not a necessity for WvW. They’re making WvW more guild oriented so it would be on the guilds to host their own TS servers.

To fight effectively and coordinate bomb you need to have TS in blob fights. It is maybe not needed for skirmishers running on sides of blob, but for core of the blob it is really needed. As i said to bomb, heal, clean condi and so on. Not mention the movement. It is essential.

Not really essential as I’ve seen blobs do just fine without it.

What hasn't been noted, and may, by its omission be it's own answer, is if the TS servers will still be able to utilize the API system to identify if someone is a part of the group allowed to use the TS. If each new 'world' that is re done each 8 weeks has a distinctive identifier for the API system, then there is a good chance the auto verification system could work for voice communications if people choose.

I expect each of the alliances of a world to have a teamspeak or other voice fitting the whole world. That should give ca 3-4 per world.

The hard question is: how to administrate them every 8 weeks when the world composition changes.

I would propose that ANet build an API for worlds, similar to https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/API:2/guild/:idsuch that you can query the API for all members of the world you are in yourself.And additionally somewhere in https://account.arena.net/overview you can deploy your TS-ID (I hope others voice-programs have something similar),such that it can be returned by this service as well, for all people that provides them.

Should make TS administration on world recreation be just a matter of a click on a program quite easy to be written.

It was mentioned in the restructuring post by the dev that they would adjust the API.

Edit: It was in the FAQ:"Q. Will/can we get the information about the alliance via the API?We plan on updating the API so that it can recognize the new worlds created with World Restructuring."

@"Strider Pj.2193" said:What hasn't been noted, and may, by its omission be it's own answer, is if the TS servers will still be able to utilize the API system to identify if someone is a part of the group allowed to use the TS. If each new 'world' that is re done each 8 weeks has a distinctive identifier for the API system, then there is a good chance the auto verification system could work for voice communications if people choose.

I'd assume it'll work just like Strider has listed. The problem will be however if your current "world" has 2 major alliances and they both are on who goes to who's TS (this is probably going to be the biggest headache we have)? The other issue would be do you make a channel for your temporary guests (I'd say no, but if you don't you're less likely go jump into voice comms). It'll definitely make reset night that first week busy for voice admins.

@Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

@"Strider Pj.2193" said:What hasn't been noted, and may, by its omission be it's own answer, is if the TS servers will still be able to utilize the API system to identify if someone is a part of the group allowed to use the TS. If each new 'world' that is re done each 8 weeks has a distinctive identifier for the API system, then there is a good chance the auto verification system could work for voice communications if people choose.

I'd assume it'll work just like Strider has listed. The problem will be however if your current "world" has 2 major alliances and they both are on who goes to who's TS (this is probably going to be the biggest headache we have)? The other issue would be do you make a channel for your temporary guests (I'd say no, but if you don't you're less likely go jump into voice comms). It'll definitely make reset night that first week busy for voice admins.

It will be chaotic that's for sure. Maybe that's what we need.

Archived